Pro Pinball

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
The amazon underground app thing really sucks, search doesn't find pro pinball timeshock, but I managed to find it through regular amazon app and somehow finally got to try to install the table, only to be denied because of regional (non)availability. Tried to change my settings to US but still wouldn't let me download.
Anyone from Sweden or rest of Europe had any luck in downloading this table for Android?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
The amazon underground app thing really sucks, search doesn't find pro pinball timeshock, but I managed to find it through regular amazon app and somehow finally got to try to install the table, only to be denied because of regional (non)availability. Tried to change my settings to US but still wouldn't let me download.
Anyone from Sweden or rest of Europe had any luck in downloading this table for Android?
I'm in the UK and on Android. The Pro Pinball app isn't available yet on the Google Play store though. I got the apk as a download link, can't remember now if it was emailed to us or the link was posted on the forum for backers.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm in the UK and on Android. The Pro Pinball app isn't available yet on the Google Play store though. I got the apk as a download link, can't remember now if it was emailed to us or the link was posted on the forum for backers.
It was emailed to us.

There is an updated version available, but because the app is not distributed through Google Play yet, it doesn't auto update.

From the support response:

"The release date for the game in the Google Play store is still to be decided.

The current version available is:
http:/down...1.0.1k.7.apk (full URL redacted).

The only differences from the initial release are compatibility fixes for certain devices, and a missing credit was added."

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It was emailed to us.

There is an updated version available, but because the app is not distributed through Google Play yet, it doesn't auto update.

From the support response:

"The release date for the game in the Google Play store is still to be decided.

The current version available is:
http:/down...1.0.1k.7.apk (full URL redacted).

The only differences from the initial release are compatibility fixes for certain devices, and a missing credit was added."
Cheers - didn't know about the update.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The problem with this project is that it is probably just one guy doing things on his spare time. And on top of that it takes weeks to render every tiny detail. Then you multiply that to different views and different platforms and you have some serious rendering time going on. He has probably spent more than a year just rendering stuff.

He probably had some help in the beginning but I have a strong feeling that this is more or less a one man show at this point. I actually do not have a big problem with waiting. I know that he will deliver since the ios and mobile ver are good and he keep us updated every week on the forum.

My big problem with this is that he is probably not making a lot of money doing this and at this pace we will probably not see a new pro pinball table or any of the other old ones (anytime soon at least) I want them all :)

Well said.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The problem with this project is that it is probably just one guy doing things on his spare time.

He probably had some help in the beginning but I have a strong feeling that this is more or less a one man show at this point.

This is not true. It's at least a two-man show and it's a proper game studio. Adrian Barritt is the lead and Adrian Page is doing the technical work. The weekly updates on the Pro Pinball VIP forum do show weekly progress that has to be full-time work. There's just a lot of work to do in porting the UI to lots of devices and testing across them, in addition to waiting for their (inexplicably by now) slow rendering process.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Looking at their site, they released two more apps since the iOS Timeshock. Maybe that also took a big chunk out of their time, especially if the work on Timeshock is a fulltime job. Best thing to do is probably join their forums and get those questions out there.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It is true that their updates do list a lot of weekly tasks and obviously they are working on multiple platforms so it will take time. They said a lot of code is re-usable across platforms but I get the impression for each platform they are extending their toolset and the way they handle textures, etc. In some ways they are building the dev framework and not just the game for each platform. Well that is my impression from their task lists.

It is mostly Adrian Page doing all the build - he said as much. This means he has to do a ton of stuff. They are not a 500 strong build team you get from the big studios.

I am only guessing, but suspect once all platforms are done (PC and Mac in progress now) they will be able to re-use a load of stuff and hopefully knock our other tables although the rendering time is a worry.

I have a love-hate thing for the fellows. I mean I put down a fair amount of money and sometimes I get pi**ed off and think where the hell is my money. Then another day I think back to the game they produced 20 years ago (yes both Adrians were involved) and the nostalgia thing kicks in and I forgive them until I get another bad day. I don't care if I never see my Pro Pinball keyring and gatefold box, as long as I get the game, and I think we will because they have always come over as decent to me (as said earlier). I also prefer them to not take on more people now and go out of business - Silverball Studios went bankrupt after all.

They really need to give more updates to people who supported at the lower tiers for sure. A Blahcade interview would also be great.

Finally to me the games could be released now but they seem to be holding back. They could make money now and get us all off theirs backs but they are still perfecting things. It's these kind of obsessive ways that made that wonderful simulation back in '95 with ball physics no one has matched to this day. I will be patient a bit longer. :)

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
At the very least, release an Early Access version on the Steam platform. Helps them test and gets them funding at the same time. Everyone wins.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Hi everyone.
I installed the Amazon underground thing a few weeks ago and i've had no problems playing the game on my Google nexus 7 2nd generation tablet. I have to play on medium settings but it looks and plays great. It's a bit bare bones and there's no Google play friends scores or anything but it's decent just really hard so I kind of don't play it that much.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Tonight update in the dev diary:

This week's tasks:

Windows: Added placeholder text to empty textfields.
Windows: Fixed textfield positioning, scaling, font size and rendering.
Windows: Stopped textfield rendering over a popup that's in front of it.
Windows: Fixed some UI elements using the system font instead of the game font.
Windows: Fixed text entry Unicode support.
Windows: Enabled TAB to move between textfields.
OS X: Increased minimum supported OS version to 10.7.
Desktop: Generated 1200 resolution data.

Once the remaining UI issues are resolved we'll be adding the graphics detail option screen, then we should be able to release the beta version.

The renderers are still working on the low view. We've ramped up the number of machines used, so that will move along faster now. Completed this week:

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
@ Silverballs: thanks for posting this information. It makes the waiting a bit easier when you can see the work getting done (albeit this is a pretty small amount of work)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just noticed on their website that their offices are located in the Cotswold countryside in England. That area is rife with great pubs, so they probably are down the juicer most afternoons. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.