Pro Pinball

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Dev diary leak ;)

This week's tasks:

Desktop: Added slider to settings screen to select graphics vertical resolution.
Desktop: When Play is pressed on the main menu, download the selected resolution's graphics data if it's not installed.
Desktop: Automatically select and download the default resolution based on screen height when first entering the main menu.
Fixed a bug in the network code that could cause the first http request to not be sent, with no timeout.
Made graphics processing tool use all available cpu cores.
Desktop: Created 1440 resolution graphics data.
Desktop: Started to create 2160 resolution graphics data.
Stopped main menu username text losing its aspect ratio, and changed its colour to the standard title colour.
Desktop: Made front end popup messages adjust to changes in screen height correctly.
Desktop: Started to add the graphical detail preset options and screen for custom settings.

More low view renders completed:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
This weeks post:

This week's tasks:

Desktop: Added graphical detail presets.
Desktop: Hide the cursor when in full screen and mouse not in use.
Desktop: Replaced touch control info with keyboard controls.
Desktop: Fixed missing busy icon when waiting for a server response.
Desktop: Removed swipe nudge sensitivity slider. Will add back when Windows touch input support added.
Desktop: Added backbox light slider.
Made the menu background and other controls disappear when dragging a light slider, so you can see the table.
Windows: Created game installer.
Windows: Worked around library bug when unzipping files on Windows XP 64.
Windows: Started looking into the game font not being used on Windows 7 64.
Rendered low view z buffer.

Had hoped to release a beta this week but got held up by Windows installer and compatibility issues. Should be ready next week.
adpag

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
well, there is some hope. Duke Nukem eventually came. :rolleyes:

...came and sucked ass.
Expectations just get too high with time.

Buy I am glad pro pinball has an installer. That certainly helps.
Wonder how many years will pass from beta to final release.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
....and by that time with a bit of luck Steam will have gone bust, and we will be able to play our games with no Steam bloatware infecting our cabinets.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
and I lose 60+ TPA tables.

No I would hope Farsight would release the game without the bloatware, and then it's goodbye having to click 'Stay in offline mode' every time I load TPA in the cabinet. It is quite horrifying to watch the task manager when Steam is loaded. They have 3 processes on the go, it is constantly trying to access the internet (try checking with the Panda process monitor to see what's attempting online access). There's no need for it.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
And you're giving Steam a hard time for eating up processor time and being bloatware ...

Your mixing up with Norton I think. Panda hardly touches the processor/RAM, although in a cabinet I have nothing which is why I don't want software like Steam downloading updates every 5 minutes.

So what virus checker do you use, I will check it out?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I don't have problems with steam. I disabled stuff like overlay and so on. I hardly notice it.
Actually I like the seamless update and cloud save feature.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Your mixing up with Norton I think. Panda hardly touches the processor/RAM, although in a cabinet I have nothing which is why I don't want software like Steam downloading updates every 5 minutes.

So what virus checker do you use, I will check it out?

All I know from my experience is when we used Panda here at work and it was a killer. We since moved on to Symantec and that's almost as bad, once a day it runs some crazy system check that spins the HDD like mad. To make it worse, we sell Sophos licenses and while that's difficult-to-impossible to snag for home use, it's by far the best AV I've ever used.

I'm cheap at home and use AVG Free because of apathy, so move along now, nothing to see here. I also run a pretty tight ship on my PC and regularly check my registry, services, startup, etc. for stuff that might be dragging down performance. The last virus I know that I caught was a boot sector virus on my Amiga in... 1991? 1992? Killed my Paradroid '90 and Turrican disks, though, which annoyed me plenty.

Of all the commercial products out there, BitDefender gets the best press and they do have a free version. I keep meaning to try it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.