PS Vita "Super Patch"

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Me too. I posted my best on Creature playing portrait (but to be fair, I only played a few rounds on it since the patch) and Star Trek. Creature, Monster Bash, Ripley's all look and feel better on portrait to me, other tables I tried (Twilight Zone, MM, Tales, AFM, Scared Stiff, Star Trek) feel about the same, so I'm staying with landscape.

nice. DrDude feels so good, looks incredible in portrait mode that i crave to play it just for portrait mode (while in standardmode the table is "eh, ok" to me)

ive tried NogoodGofers, and i like it a lot better in standard mode. creature, i kinda liked it better in standard mode, but portrait mode it was nice, im not gonna lie. TotAN i liked the same, but was more enjoyable and looked better in portrait (but i play better in standard). startrek is nice, i like in in portrait but woukd prob play more in standard due to nudge (note:its hard for me to play aggressively in portrait mode due to nudge bc im a flow player). Cactus canyon is epic in portrait, almkst like Drdude. i agree on your last list of tables. and MB feels the same to me too, but maybe it plays a little better in portrait. edit: i get the frame stutter in portrait mode on ripleys in view 4, no bueno. edit edit: wow, taxi in portrait; getting a close up on that lighting, man, really is amazing. taxi=portrait, always.

do i have you on on friends list yet? add me, Streetveteran1

Last edited:

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
nice. DrDude feels so good, looks incredible in portrait mode that i crave to play it just for portrait mode (while in standardmode the table is "eh, ok" to me)

ive tried NogoodGofers, and i like it a lot better in standard mode. creature, i kinda liked it better in standard mode, but portrait mode it was nice, im not gonna lie. TotAN i liked the same, but was more enjoyable and looked better in portrait (but i play better in standard). startrek is nice, i like in in portrait but woukd prob play more in standard due to nudge (note:its hard for me to play aggressively in portrait mode due to nudge bc im a flow player). Cactus canyon is epic in portrait, almkst like Drdude. i agree on your last list of tables. and MB feels the same to me too, but maybe it plays a little better in portrait. edit: i get the frame stutter in portrait mode on ripleys in view 4, no bueno. edit edit: wow, taxi in portrait; getting a close up on that lighting, man, really is amazing. taxi=portrait, always.

do i have you on on friends list yet? add me, Streetveteran1

I added you yesterday, unless it didn't go through, check it out. My ID is MarshallTito.

Monster Bash plays equally well on both, but it's just a little sharper in portrait. I'll try out the other tables too. I struggled with multiball in portrait, but it's probably a matter of habit.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Well, it seems I cannot have pro mode for Medieval Madness. As soon as I install the Medieval Madness pro upgrade, then Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness will go into the never-ending upgrade loop. I've tried through the PS3, through the UI on the Vita and through the download list, As soon as I upgrade, then the upgrade loop starts when I try to play BoP or MM. Even attempting to manually install over it will not fix it. Completely re-installed TPA 3 times with the same exact result. Finally on the 4th attempt I just didn't upgrade MM to pro and then it's fine. Just no pro mode for MM, that;s all.

I did get the PS3 all squared away 100% though, so that's at least one good thing.

At this point, I give up on the Vita version until they release another patch to fix the upgrade glitch. I have all 3 seasons installed, all upgraded to pro and with the ball packs and all that, just no pro mode for Medieval Madness. It's a little annoying because I like to kill Family Mode, but I'll tolerate it for now.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I added you yesterday, unless it didn't go through, check it out. My ID is MarshallTito.

Monster Bash plays equally well on both, but it's just a little sharper in portrait. I'll try out the other tables too. I struggled with multiball in portrait, but it's probably a matter of habit.

ah, ok. i got two adds yesterday, i replied to one, and yours i replied back to the wrong name, i couldnt remember it.

yeah multiball is a pain, im not use to the response in touch controls, i play much better in standard. elvirapartymonsters looks nice in portait, the red is so, uh, Red! the oled really brings out more natural colors compared to the ps3 version. i think it loos better/more believable.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Well, it seems I cannot have pro mode for Medieval Madness. As soon as I install the Medieval Madness pro upgrade, then Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness will go into the never-ending upgrade loop. I've tried through the PS3, through the UI on the Vita and through the download list, As soon as I upgrade, then the upgrade loop starts when I try to play BoP or MM. Even attempting to manually install over it will not fix it. Completely re-installed TPA 3 times with the same exact result. Finally on the 4th attempt I just didn't upgrade MM to pro and then it's fine. Just no pro mode for MM, that;s all.

I did get the PS3 all squared away 100% though, so that's at least one good thing.

At this point, I give up on the Vita version until they release another patch to fix the upgrade glitch. I have all 3 seasons installed, all upgraded to pro and with the ball packs and all that, just no pro mode for Medieval Madness. It's a little annoying because I like to kill Family Mode, but I'll tolerate it for now.

ah, that sucks. sounds like you tried everything. well at least its only for one table and you still get to play it. hopefully they have another stability patch planned for the vita.

Blublub

Feb 23, 2014
Well, it seems I cannot have pro mode for Medieval Madness. As soon as I install the Medieval Madness pro upgrade, then Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness will go into the never-ending upgrade loop.

Yup, same here. Really pretty @#$%^& - No more pro mode upgrades for me.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I tried switching to a custom ball today (the one that looks like Uranus and is to big) and it made the table run at a stuttering frame-rate.
That's the last time I ever use a custom ball. I have pro mode for TZ from the kickstarter, but once I got the update working there was no way in hell I was going to install it.
From what I can tell Pro mode doesn't even really add anything of much use for most tables other than Elvira and MM.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I tried switching to a custom ball today (the one that looks like Uranus and is to big) and it made the table run at a stuttering frame-rate.
That's the last time I ever use a custom ball. I have pro mode for TZ from the kickstarter, but once I got the update working there was no way in hell I was going to install it.
From what I can tell Pro mode doesn't even really add anything of much use for most tables other than Elvira and MM.

that sucks. its funny bc B4 the patch, a custom ball would make some tables that had slight frame issues- run a little better/make it not as noticeable.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Got Kratos3 in the mix too ... My ToTAN and Monster Bash scores definitely need to go up. You guys probably didn't reach wizard for Attack from Mars either. I was one shot away 3 times :/ my undoing every time is out of bounds to the right. Also on Star Trek. The right doesn't agree with me.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Got Kratos3 in the mix too ... My ToTAN and Monster Bash scores definitely need to go up. You guys probably didn't reach wizard for Attack from Mars either. I was one shot away 3 times :/ my undoing every time is out of bounds to the right. Also on Star Trek. The right doesn't agree with me.

i just hit a billion in MB, its better after the pach. my totan score needs to go up, too. i havent tried in ages. someone is 1.7B on my friends list, i forget who. im only at 1B as well. STtNG is gonna be hard to beat and hard to learn the table to actually beat it.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
i just hit a billion in MB, its better after the pach. my totan score needs to go up, too. i havent tried in ages. someone is 1.7B on my friends list, i forget who. im only at 1B as well. STtNG is gonna be hard to beat and hard to learn the table to actually beat it.

:cool:

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Just reached wizard for the first time on Twilight Zone (Lost in the Zone) ;)

Kratos3, how many times did you defeat the genie to get that score? 10 or more?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Somehow i think it highly unlikely that us in the UK will get the update today.

No update this past night/morning and no FT/BR in the PSN Store update.

So yes, no megapatch for europeans... once again.

Et voilà. -_-

omisnad

Feb 22, 2014
No update this past night/morning and no FT/BR in the PSN Store update.

So yes, no megapatch for europeans... once again.

Et voilà. -_-

Yep, cant say im at all surprised. Ill be surprised if they ever update it (too much work and hassle for them). Much like they never fixed the ps4 pinball arcade store problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts