PS3 DLC Impressions

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
(Heck I'm not even sure why anyone would want a different camera angle for multiball, but maybe that's just me--I don't hunch over a pinball table more when multiball kicks in, either. ;))

I think there's some logic to it: if your regular camera mode is one that zooms and pans when a ball is in the upper part of the playfield, you obviously don't want that to happen during multiball. But it might make more sense to just give every camera a locked sub-mode in that situation, rather than switching to a completely different camera at a time when the user is in no position to fiddle with controls.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Not sure if anyone's asked this yet, but in watching the videos posted in this thread, I see that there are Challenge and Tournament buttons in the PS3 UI (The 360 doesn't have them). Are these new for the most recent update? What do they do?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There are four standard table camera modes, but only two multiball camera modes. I use normal table camera three, but there is no multiball camera three now--there *was* in the previous version, I think--so when multiball starts, the camera changes. I don't want to have to play multiball in a different--and less preferable, as far as I'm concerned--camera mode. :|

Also, while playing multiball, the camera sometimes seems to switch back to the standard camera (changing viewing angle) briefly--so the camera will sometimes be pinging back and forth throughout a single multiball session.

(Heck I'm not even sure why anyone would want a different camera angle for multiball, but maybe that's just me--I don't hunch over a pinball table more when multiball kicks in, either. ;))

Also, at least with one table, the multiball camera modes are numbered differently: in Cirqus Voltaire, multiball camera 2 is the lower angle camera (whereas in other tables, say Ripley's, multiball camera 2 is the higher angle camera).

~~~~~~

Minor graphical bug: In Cirqus Voltaire, a black rectangle sometimes appears over part of the far end of the neon tube--just to the right of the table-embedded dot matrix screen. I think it is appearing when the big yellow lights along the sides of the table flash.

Not sure if you knew this already, but they added an option to disable the multiball camera altogether in this update too.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
After I watch a video I thumb Up , it's just common courtesy , wish people would show me and my videos the same consideration but they don't . My videos are for other people's benefit , it takes hours to compile and edit them . is it really too much to ask that someone who has a account on Youtube , either drop me a line or acknowledge my work by hitting the LIKE Button?

It's not like I make people wait for commercials and line my pockets doing the videos , ok sorry had to get that off my chest.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
How many people actually have a youtube account, or are logged in with it. I know im almost never logged in with it.

Asure

Jun 29, 2012
There's no such thing anymore as a 'YouTube account'. Google bought them in 2006, and these days there is one integrated 'Google account (@gmail.com)' for mail, youtube, docs, plus and so on.

So really, many many many people have an account that they can use to comment on YouTube :)

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
The only thing I use "like" for is to make it easy to find on my like list. I really don't care how many people like/dislike my videos as I'm sure is the same for most people out there.

Anyway, anyone else feel CV is horribly buggy? I had a big list going yesterday, but didn't post it as I got tired of adding to the list.
Things I can remember.

Two balls to start the game.
Sometimes getting a message at the start to look out for kickout, but no kickout ever happens.
Left loop seems unfinished. I've hit the ball through the ramp quite a few times into the juggler area. Quite often, the ball isn't caught for the sideshow and goes all the way around. Sometimes the ball gets kicked out of the juggler area and sometimes out the right side (cannon?)
Sometimes getting more balls than you should for various multiballs.
Not hitting the ramp hard enough to reach the lock point, but the game thinks you did and registers it as a lock even though the ball is rolling back down the ramp.
Camera has been stuck a couple times. Once was stuck in multiball view even with only one ball out there. For quite a while the camera also wouldn't pan up to the back glass for the cannon sideshow.
Probably put 8 hours into it over the last two days and never got a match at the end. Not that it matters at all, but it's a bit annoying waiting for it and knowing it's never going to match.
There's probably a couple other things I've forgotten.

Personal opinions, but I think the automatic launcher needs a slight bit of randomness to it as it always comes down the playfield exactly the same. I think the right lane drains way too much and the flippers too far apart, but I always hated the real table and probably isn't that far from the real thing.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sorry mate, but I don't really comment on Youtube videos anymore....too many weirdo commenters on there....similar to FB, but worse actually.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Left loop seems unfinished. I've hit the ball through the ramp quite a few times into the juggler area. Quite often, the ball isn't caught for the sideshow and goes all the way around. Sometimes the ball gets kicked out of the juggler area and sometimes out the right side (cannon?)
This actually happens on the real CV, especially on fast shots.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
This actually happens on the real CV, especially on fast shots.

Ok thanks. I do realize some of these issues may be present in the real table. Just never played it that much to be familiar, and, well, it's been a hell of a long time.

Oh, and this is really nitpicky, but I did notice it. The plastic cover over the neon on the back left side of it seems to glitch out during some light flashing parts as it seems like a black square when it should be lit up.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Not sure if you knew this already, but they added an option to disable the multiball camera altogether in this update too.

Holy cats, I did not see that! Thanks for pointing it out! (Took me a minute to find it among the three or so various settings screens even after you told me, but yay! That should solve the problem nicely. :)

Personal opinions, but I think the automatic launcher needs a slight bit of randomness to it as it always comes down the playfield exactly the same. I think the right lane drains way too much and the flippers too far apart, but I always hated the real table and probably isn't that far from the real thing.

Yeah I've never seen a real CV table, but the way it always drops down onto the very tip of the left flipper is a little disconcerting! Once in a while I've got it to go somewhere else, so I guess I should experiment with different launch powers. And I did notice that nudging just before it drops down works nicely to mix it up, so I should probably do more of that. There *do* seem to be a frightening number of straight-down-the-middle drops on this table!

The plastic cover over the neon on the back left side of it seems to glitch out during some light flashing parts as it seems like a black square when it should be lit up.

Yep! When the yellow lights along the sides of the table flash, I think.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
When the autolaunch kicks in, I try to pull the plunger and shoot the ball first. There's no skillshot then, so doesn't matter how hard you launch it as you'll wind up getting a better bounce most of the time. If I miss, I wait for it to start down and give it a side nudge to pull it over to the left more. Much more comfort zone that way.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
My daughter and I really like Bride of Pinbot. This is a video of her playing. She got her first billion shot in this game but of course I didn't get video of that!

F

Franky

i don't have a ps3 but the tables really look great - i can't even express how much i'm looking forward to a cabinet mode. i really hope farsight makes this happen. I bought a used pinball machine yesterday "willams jokerz" for around 200 Dollars just to have a cabinet ready to go.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
My daughter and I really like Bride of Pinbot. This is a video of her playing. She got her first billion shot in this game but of course I didn't get video of that!
Here's a video of my first game of Bride of Pinbot on the 360. Oh, wait. . . that's right. . . WE DON'T HAVE IT ON 360!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts