Bug PS3 Europe Version 1.03 Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

countcb

Jul 16, 2012
v 1.0.3

Table: Gorgar
when you finish the "GOR" or the "GAR" drop targets the matching light will be lit until you drop the other drop targets.
When you finish a game with one of these lights lit it will be lit at the start of the next game.

This is an old bug too but it is still in EU 1.0.3.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
v1.03 has fixed the issue of starting a new game too fast on Cirqus Voltaire. It now seems to work every time. The issue still stands for Fun House though - you still have to wait for Rudy to invite you to play again before pressing start to avoid the lock up.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
I recently contacted Rob Mann, the Community Manager at Farsight, to ask as to how different the NA and EU releases of TPA are. The crux of my enquiry was to find out if both regions will be running on the same base program of TPA now table releases are in sync. This would help in bug reporting and would mean there would be no need of separate threads.

He has kindly responded and given me permission to post the response publicly...

Re: EU & NA Differences
Ah. That would be nice, however, there won't be a merging of the version numbers for some time, even if the packs are released in sych due to the way the programmers work. But I will bring this up at the next meeting, so we can start working towards that goal.
-Rob Mann
User Community Manager

So, for now at least, we need to carry on logging the issues in the respective versions separately.

Goati

Nov 28, 2012
Table: EATPM Elvira and the Party Monsters

I've already sent an email to report the bug, I thought I'd share here too. There's a bad video I took and uploaded on youtube.

I reached a situation where the three multiball balls would just stay in the same spot, in a row, cycling. The one in the middle is the one spinning, the one on the left is not quite visible.
Here is a video I badly took with a camera: http://youtu.be/Qj5jBITLqqQ

How I got there:
On my 2nd ball I triggered the game's first multiball with a 3million shot(since I had 2 balls locked there already), then scored the jackpot *really* fast: I shot the first ball on the party punch ramp by first letting it bounce on the dead right flipper first then shot the other 2 in the monster slide as they came down. I didnt tilt once while doing as described.
As you can see the game now keeps awarding Party ramps quite frequently for 250k pts.
I tried leaving it on for a couple hour to check, and it's definitely possible to just leave it there and achieve a big 'fake' score on top of the leaderboard.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think this is a table bug rather than a game version bug.

I've already sent an email to report the bug, I thought I'd share here too. There's a bad video I took and uploaded on youtube.

I reached a situation where the three multiball balls would just stay in the same spot, in a row, cycling. The one in the middle is the one spinning, the one on the left is not quite visible.
Here is a video I badly took with a camera: http://youtu.be/Qj5jBITLqqQ

How I got there:
On my 2nd ball I triggered the game's first multiball with a 3million shot(since I had 2 balls locked there already), then scored the jackpot *really* fast: I shot the first ball on the party punch ramp by first letting it bounce on the dead right flipper first then shot the other 2 in the monster slide as they came down. I didnt tilt once while doing as described.
As you can see the game now keeps awarding Party ramps quite frequently for 250k pts.
I tried leaving it on for a couple hour to check, and it's definitely possible to just leave it there and achieve a big 'fake' score on top of the leaderboard.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Thought I would add to this thread that the Euro version is now up to v1.07 *the fugly menus* release.

Not too sure on the bug status as my interest waned somewhat after tablepack 3 when it became clear things were not getting fixed/improved as I'd hoped. Had a quick play through a few of the tables just to see and noticed a few things...

I can say the return ramp on MM dragon is better now. The ball now has a reflection on the table, though table furniture doesn't (!?). Lighting appears somewhat more vibrant, though this could just be that I hadn't played for awhile?

Ball still flies off the table on CV. The restart bug has reappeared on CV and Fun House, though only sometimes. Flipper lag at 1080p still present (almost goes without saying now) but seems totally lag free at 720p.

Last edited:

Pesthauch666

Mar 20, 2013
Some problems I found:

I noticed some IMO odd behavior of some tables (those with more than the two regular flippers) in conjunction with the L1/R1 Input. It looks like the PS3 version is using the analog feature of the Dual Shock Controller. So, when pressing the L1/R1 buttons with a light tap, only the 2 regular flippers react, while you have to press harder for the extra flippers, mostly found on the uppers side of some tables (i.e. Funhouse & Star Trek TNG). When playing Funhouse it took me some time to realize, that the table isn't buggy, since the upper flipper hardly worked for me most of the time. :confused:

Is that a bug or a feature? Do some of the real tables indeed have analog-sensitive buttons?
Since this annoys me greatly, because usually I only flick the shoulder buttons, cause it takes to much time to react, when pressing them all the way in. So I would prefer, if all flippers would react to light buttons presses or if this annoying feature at least could be deactivated in the settings.
Since the keyboard input of the Mac version and the shoulder buttons of the PS Vita version I also own don't have analog capability I didn't have such issues with these.

But, speaking of the Vita Version, this leads to another problem I had:
I bought the game and all the table packs on my PS Vita and was trying to download the PS3 version with all table packs as well, since presumably it's free if you already bought it for the Vita. And yes, it worked just fine with the game and most of the table packs.

With one exception:
Table Pack 7 (Scared Stiff & Big Shot)
When trying to download this table pack (that I already bought for the Vita) with the PS3 I'm getting charged again. Accessing the PSN-Shop via Browser on the computer or via the shop app on the Vita gives me the expected message that it was already bought and can be downloaded again for free. But using the PS3's Shop App or accessing it In-Game on the PS3 via "New Tables" I'm getting charged again with the 4,99 €.

I'm not sure where the fault lies? Is this a problem with PSN (I already informed the german Sony Support of the problem) or is something wrong with the DLC Pack itself, so that it isn't transferable to the PS3 like the other DLC Packs?

And on a lighter note:
I want a ball skin with the Commodore Amiga "Boing Ball" design as seen in my avatar ;)

Last edited:

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Some problems I found:

I noticed some IMO odd behavior of some tables (those with more than the two regular flippers) in conjunction with the L1/R1 Input. It looks like the PS3 version is using the analog feature of the Dual Shock Controller. So, when pressing the L1/R1 buttons with a light tap, only the 2 regular flippers react, while you have to press harder for the extra flippers, mostly found on the uppers side of some tables (i.e. Funhouse & Star Trek TNG). When playing Funhouse it took me some time to realize, that the table isn't buggy, since the upper flipper hardly worked for me most of the time. :confused:

Is that a bug or a feature? Do some of the real tables indeed have analog-sensitive buttons?
Since this annoys me greatly, because usually I only flick the shoulder buttons, cause it takes to much time to react, when pressing them all the way in. So I would prefer, if all flippers would react to light buttons presses or if this annoying feature at least could be deactivated in the settings.
Since the keyboard input of the Mac version and the shoulder buttons of the PS Vita version I also own don't have analog capability I didn't have such issues with these.

But, speaking of the Vita Version, this leads to another problem I had:
I bought the game and all the table packs on my PS Vita and was trying to download the PS3 version with all table packs as well, since presumably it's free if you already bought it for the Vita. And yes, it worked just fine with the game and most of the table packs.

With one exception:
When trying to download this table pack (that I already bought for the Vita) with the PS3 I'm getting charged again. Accessing the PSN-Shop via Browser on the computer or via the shop app on the Vita gives me the expected message that it was already bought and can be downloaded again for free. But using the PS3's Shop App or accessing it In-Game on the PS3 via "New Tables" I'm getting charged again with the 4,99 €.

I'm not sure where the fault lies? Is this a problem with PSN (I already informed the german Sony Support of the problem) or is something wrong with the DLC Pack itself, so that it isn't transferable to the PS3 like the other DLC Packs?

And on a lighter note:
I want a ball skin with the Commodore Amiga "Boing Ball" design as seen in my avatar ;)

Great suggestion on the Amiga ball *happy memories* I'd like a transparent ball with Ai Ai in but I dont think Sega would approve that :D

1. The pressure sensitive upper flippers are actually a feature, as real world tables also had this. However, you are not alone in not liking them and there has much debate on here about that very point. It was suggested that we be allowed to turn the setting off but so far nothing has come from it. It should be said that quite a lot of people like them too.

2. I don't have that table pack myself, but any problems with cross buy should be rectified by Sony. If they didn't add the PS3 version to your account then I would suggest calling them again and asking them to do so. Generally when dealing with Sony helpline, I have found it's sometimes dependent on who you speak to as to how far they will go in helping you. I hope you manage to get the issue sorted soon.

Pesthauch666

Mar 20, 2013
1. The pressure sensitive upper flippers are actually a feature, as real world tables also had this. However, you are not alone in not liking them and there has much debate on here about that very point. It was suggested that we be allowed to turn the setting off but so far nothing has come from it. It should be said that quite a lot of people like them too.
I think it seems it's more problematic with people with some bad aligned (or maybe worn out) controllers. Some don't even notice a problem, while others (like me) have to press the shoulder buttons real hard to use the upper flipper(s).
I would really appreciate a setting to turn that feature off. Another solution would be if the L2 & R2 button could get used as optional flipper controls additional to L1/R1 but without analogue sensitivity.

Generally when dealing with Sony helpline, I have found it's sometimes dependent on who you speak to as to how far they will go in helping you. I hope you manage to get the issue sorted soon.
I already experienced this while trying to get someone on the phone who could help me with the problem. The first guy gave me another support phone number, that wasn't even used anymore (dead line). :eek:
So I had to look for a working number myself. The second support guy was more helpful and apparently made notes with the issue and promised for an e-mail contact if they checked were the problem lies. Let's see if the sony guys keep their promise next week ;).

Last edited:

steven_dutch

Sep 27, 2012
Some problems I found:

With one exception:

Have you tried downloading the pack through your download history list, rather than looking for it on the store?

Pesthauch666

Mar 20, 2013
Another Bug I found:

Table: Twilight Zone
When accessing the tutorial for the standard/master goals the attract mode background music isn't turned off when the new tune starts, like with most of the other tables. So, two tunes are playing at the same time, resulting in a dissonant mess until a new game is started.​

Maybe more tables and various systems could be affected by this issue, since I noticed the exact same bug with "Creature From The Black Lagoon" on the PS Vita (but the PS3 version of the table works fine).

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Enter your initials prompt bug:

Table: AFM

A game breaker...everytime you enter your initials and press X quickly after the prompt still stays on the screen and a new game starts unproperly.

This disables your start button. If this occurs the only way to quit is to use the PS button and literally reset to the home screen on your console.

I played one game, entered my initials and pressed start/X immediately and it caused the EYI screen to be present and a new game started. I couldnt press start to quit, or get to pause menu. I had to drain the balls to end the game.

It also causes 4 player mode.

Last edited:

RevenantUK

Apr 20, 2013
I know this probably isn't the correct forum but I suppose it saves starting a new thread.

Does anyone know what the most current version is in UK? On the information screen on my version it says 1.07. Is this correct ?

Many thanks if you can clear this up for me ;)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Yep, the current EU version is 1.07.
I guess 1.08 will be released at the start of the next week (tuesday or wednesday), for the new table pack (Dr Dude / Firepower).

I hope this update will include some fixes too (especially remove lag).

RevenantUK

Apr 20, 2013
version 1.08 is out in EU. got it this morning. 282 MB. no sign of pack #11 tho. have checked PSN store and not there yet. will try later and post here.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
I noticed while checking the leaderboards that two tables that dont appear to be on the PSN or in the game appear on the leaderbaords, cactus canyon and central package.

Are these actually coming out on the PS3 or is it a error, hopefully the latter. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I noticed while checking the leaderboards that two tables that dont appear to be on the PSN or in the game appear on the leaderbaords, cactus canyon and central package.

Are these actually coming out on the PS3 or is it a error, hopefully the latter. :)

Cactus Canyon and Central Park should be available on PS3 (NA/EU) and PS Vita (NA/EU) within the next week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.