PS3 NA v2.19 Discussion and Feedback

starck

Jun 7, 2012
I've got the WH20 issue as well; freezes system when selected and does not load table. Have restarted. I tried playing another table first, then quit mid game, and tried to open WH20, and it still froze.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
I've got the WH20 issue as well; freezes system when selected and does not load table. Have restarted. I tried playing another table first, then quit mid game, and tried to open WH20, and it still froze.

Same as this. Haven't got time to play around any more until the weekend, so I'm hoping there's a fix or workaround by then. It's one of my favourite tables, but I'm not a huge fan of force resetting my console! Odd this has come about in an update to install the assets for the new tables (or am I mistaken about that?). Odder still it's only affecting some of us.

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
I wanna know whats all about WW... really...

3 updates or so and this table still unplayable!

Played 6 games in a row (4 in the new packs tables, one in Monster Bash and one in Centaur) and when going to my beloved White Water, here comes the consoles crash...

Bring back the High Score bug, at least we would be able to play a game...

Well, by now this is my only complain... the table selection screen is much better (I think even the background pics received some love), we can read the tables name now!!! \o/

I'll try reinstall later, but I would prefer to wait for a propper (and official, said OR made by FS indeed) solution for this...

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Heard back from support re: WH20

"Hi there! :)

Thank you very much for reporting this to us! We are aware that a small group of users on PS3 are experiencing this issue and we're trying to figure out what's at the root of it."

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's weird that it isn't effecting all of us. This isn't something subjective like some of the other problems. I know my WW is not freezing up. I hadn't played it in a while but I played it about a dozen times since first reading about the problems and I haven't had any issues. Weird.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
It's weird that it isn't effecting all of us. This isn't something subjective like some of the other problems. I know my WW is not freezing up. I hadn't played it in a while but I played it about a dozen times since first reading about the problems and I haven't had any issues. Weird.

What resolution do you play at?

mbroge

Dec 2, 2013
Has anyone else had the issue of being charged for the download even though you're a season 2 pass holder? I thought about downloading the table packs anyway, but I'm not coughing up extra $$$ for something that should have been included... latest update was installed yesterday, tried rebooting the system, still no joy.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think I found the problem. I changed my ps3 display output to 720p and wh20 is working fine now. Can anyone else verify?

I play at 1080p on a slim version with a 1TB replacement drive. I also never did the optional PS3 system 4.53 update so I'm still running 4.50. maybe if everyone who is having the problem can post up their hardware specs and firmware version we might find a commonality.

There's also the possibility of corruption. Has anyone with the problem uninstalled TPA and then reinstall?

If that doesn't work then maybe someone could try restoring the file system or rebuilding the database from the safe mode menu and see if that fixes it.

Those are all of the ideas that I have.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Same problem here, all regular tables, fw 4.50. Starting WH2O will play "Welcome to Wet Willy's" then video freezes but the music sample keeps playing. No reaction to any inputs so have to turn console off. Playing at 1080p via HDMI.

Edit: while in this state my 2nd controller can sync with the PS3 and is recognized as the 2nd controller (LED lights up) so part of the OS is still active, but otherwise it won't react to the PS button. Both standard dualshock3s.

Last edited:

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
Im glad they finally got rid of the pixelated mess that the table selection was. Finally smoothed that out.

Maybe its me, but I could swear the tables I played so far, MB, MM, Space Shuttle, Champ.pub, TOM, T2 seems a touch crisper graphically and a tinge faster.

Speaking of T2... I wonder if they ninja fixed the right flipper in T2? Im hitting my shots with the right flipper much much better after 2.19 than before and able to play a little longer on the table each game. Genie doesnt look like a washed out bright mess like it did. I only noticed Genie because my friends dad was playing it and they said it looks toned down a tad and it did to me too. So I wonder if Imagining things or if there were some ninja fixins or tweaks thrown in.

As for the new tables played about two games each. Really digging 1812 and CBW. Victory is fun. El Dorado, eh... I only like it because of drop targets. Always liked CBW, but have always been more of an Eight Ball Deluxe guy. Would love to see that table as well as Strikes and Spares.

I know we are ways off on the super duper awesome ultra mega patch, but some things just feel/look a little different.

No freezing issues with WH20 knock on wood. (1080p) Gave it some plays after seeing the posts here.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
That doesn't explain why it works for some people in 1080p though.

You're right. Which leads me to another thing I tried. Back up your save file, then delete it off your ps3, create another one, then overwrite the one you just created with your backed up one. Could it be save file corruption which is notorious in Sony products?

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Just switched back to 1080p and wh20 froze.
Then switched to 720p again and didn't get the freeze. The menu also scrolls much smoother in 720p.

New bug discovered in CO1812 that others on FB are reporting as well. After entering your initials the game hangs and you have to restart it. Your goals and scores don't save.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Im glad they finally got rid of the pixelated mess that the table selection was. Finally smoothed that out.

Maybe its me, but I could swear the tables I played so far, MB, MM, Space Shuttle, Champ.pub, TOM, T2 seems a touch crisper graphically and a tinge faster.

Speaking of T2... I wonder if they ninja fixed the right flipper in T2? Im hitting my shots with the right flipper much much better after 2.19 than before and able to play a little longer on the table each game. Genie doesnt look like a washed out bright mess like it did. I only noticed Genie because my friends dad was playing it and they said it looks toned down a tad and it did to me too. So I wonder if Imagining things or if there were some ninja fixins or tweaks thrown in.

As for the new tables played about two games each. Really digging 1812 and CBW. Victory is fun. El Dorado, eh... I only like it because of drop targets. Always liked CBW, but have always been more of an Eight Ball Deluxe guy. Would love to see that table as well as Strikes and Spares.

I know we are ways off on the super duper awesome ultra mega patch, but some things just feel/look a little different.

No freezing issues with WH20 knock on wood. (1080p) Gave it some plays after seeing the posts here.

Sony doesn't allow updating/patching/fixing of DLC, which is the reason for the mega patch (which will be a title update), so this update could not have fixed anything table specific unless it was one of the four title tables.

Members online

Members online