PS3 (NA) Version 2.08 And 2.09 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I was really hoping for some graphical updates but NGG, HD:3rdEd and Taxi still look sun faded. And yea, the UI looks very low rez. I agree with grashopper that something like Zen's grid would be best. Being able able to sort it by manufacturer or year released or just alphabetically would be nice.

On a positive note, table exploration on the pro versions is perfect. Pan with the left stick, tilt with the right stick and zoom with the L1 and R1 buttons.

Last edited:

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Actually, the newer tables will have better physics (STTNG, AFM, and Genie), plus it seems as though pretty much all the older tables have been brought up to the same level of physics as the mobile versions (TOTAN, MM, BH, FH, etc.) ...and the ball through the flipper bug should be fixed on all tables. Semi-new tables such as EATPM, Taxi, Big Shot, etc. already have pretty much the same physics as the mobile versions.

True, the ball physics are improved. But you still can't perform drop catches n such that are quite easy on iOS now. That flipper update was awesome! Best improvement they've made since launch. Too bad they don't want to support the console crowd anymore.

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
I'm just saying the same thing as other posters but the new UI is a downgrade from the previous version and Farsight needs some new menu music.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
True, the ball physics are improved. But you still can't perform drop catches n such that are quite easy on iOS now. That flipper update was awesome! Best improvement they've made since launch. Too bad they don't want to support the console crowd anymore.

I dunno, the physics seem pretty much the same on both platforms to me.

If you really want to see how much they've improved, go play Medieval Madness on 360 and then play it on PS3. It's almost a night and day improvement.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
Ha ha ha ha ha Lol @ the new UI. Seriously FS, can you fire the person responsible for this god awful ugly UI?? It looks soooooo bad, almost like atari bad.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I don't see what everyone's problem with the menu is. It's definitely better than it was and I like that it shows a pic of the entire cabinet. And I hate Zens menu. I'm far more concerned how the tables look (ie, the dull looking Taxi) to how the menu looks.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
The menu to select tables is a heck of a lot more functional than the old one. That's the most important thing, even if the new menu graphics look kind of cheap.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Wow yeah looks-wise it doesn't come across well at 1080p.

What I'm currently getting a grin out of is ST:TNG is listed under "New Tables," and when you click "Buy" you get a screen that says:

This table is part of a 2-pack collection and is not available as a trial version. Would you like to unlock this 2-pack? It includes Star Trek: The Next Generation™ and (NULL).

; )

EDIT: : o Purchasing it that way actually works, woo!

... Didn't get the NULL table to play, though. ;_;

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
In really wish they would up the strength of the plunger back to the way it was. Lil bit more than it was would be best. I don't like playing taxi nearly as much anymore. :(

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The smooth scrolling between tables in the table selection menu *is* pretty nice.

Also, tipping the ball between flippers seems very solid now. It's early days yet but so far I'm inclined to say that the ball-through-the-flippers fix *is* in this version.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I dunno, the physics seem pretty much the same on both platforms to me.

If you really want to see how much they've improved, go play Medieval Madness on 360 and then play it on PS3. It's almost a night and day improvement.

Just got STTNG. It has the new flipper physics! Just did a perfect cradle separation and it Feels GREAT!!

But why not on the old tables? :(

EDIT: This is easily the best playing table they've released on console by FAR!! I'm finding ZERO flipper lag and can perform drop catches as well. Although somehow the lighting actually looks WORSE than on my iPad 2.

Huh??

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Maybe the menu stars got fixed. Downloading it now.

Edit: nope... No idea what that was

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
You could see the whole cabinet and legs before. I dont find it easier to use maybe easier to find, you could access all the same info on 1 screen before this UI is designed for touch screens.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
This has been answered: parameters for every table need to be manually tweaked.

Understood. So why hasnt it been done? It's the backbone of the game. That should be right first and foremost. Either way, I VERY happy they got it right on TNG. This is the table I've been waiting for more than any others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.