PS3 (NA) Version 2.08 And 2.09 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The Dr.Dude/Firepower update was the first on mobile where cradle separations were really noticeable, so that PS3 update will be similar. This current one is a nice step up for now.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Oh is that how it works dtown? Would be nice if they told us somewhere in the menu.

They first version of table exploration that came out last month with TZ and SS sucked. The camera basically just tilted over the whole table.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Oh so it doesnt do that on SS. I tried it and thought maybe I wasn't doing something right but I tried it another time and it did something else? But yeah it leans in and only zooms at the back wooooo.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Oh so it doesnt do that on SS. I tried it and thought maybe I wasn't doing something right but I tried it another time and it did something else? But yeah it leans in and only zooms at the back wooooo.

No, I tried both tables earlier and the new update allows you to pan and zoom the entire playfield at a flat angle or you can tilt it some. I know this is minor but it's the only sunshine I saw in this update so far. New tables notwithstanding.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The menu isn't terrible, but the theme music, which I like to refer to as "Pinball Warlord", quality sounds like someone held a tape recorder up to a speaker, then encoded it as a 96hz mp3 file...

I do have a couple questions though.

What are the TABLE GOALS for? They all look like 5 unlit stars no matter which table I have completed all of the Wizard goals on or not.

I also think they better change where it says BUY NOW - FREE PLAY on the New Tables section. It makes you think they are now offering free demos (ALA Zen Pinball 2), but they aren't.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Understood. So why hasnt it been done? It's the backbone of the game. That should be right first and foremost. Either way, I VERY happy they got it right on TNG. This is the table I've been waiting for more than any others

See Jeff's "Audio Interview with Bobby King" in the General Discussion forum for the answer: there are a lot of restrictions on how they are able to update existing DLC tables in the console versions.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
What are the TABLE GOALS for? They all look like 5 unlit stars no matter which table I have completed all of the Wizard goals on or not.

Pretty sure the stars are supposed to show how many of the goals you've completed--but the display is broken. : P

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
See Jeff's "Audio Interview with Bobby King" in the General Discussion forum for the answer: there are a lot of restrictions on how they are able to update existing DLC tables in the console versions.

JUST on console?

thetrout

Apr 10, 2012
Well, the UI is certainly more functional and easier to use now, but the images look horribly lo-res, like stretched out and compressed JPEGs. They know we own TVs larger than 10" right?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
JUST on console?

Oh there are probably restrictions on other platforms, but definitely PS3 and 360 are the most problematic. Listen to the interview, and then see the comments by FarSight developer Mike Reitmeyer in the discussion thread.

~~~~~~~

Just updated from 2.08 to 2.09 and ball reflections are very strong now, almost to the point where they're distracting because they're almost as visible as the balls themselves.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Basically Sony doesn't allow them to update DLC so the only way for them to do so is to stick the whole table file in the patch which would substantially increase the patch size with each fix. If someday they decide to retrofit all the tables with current updates, you're looking at a mega patch that could take hours to download.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Basically Sony doesn't allow them to update DLC so the only way for them to do so is to stick the whole table file in the patch which would substantially increase the patch size with each fix. If someday they decide to retrofit all the tables with current updates, you're looking at a mega patch that could take hours to download.

The whole game up to this point is less than a gig. It wouldn't be that big to fix everything so far.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
In this update, Star Trek TNG has a camera glitch where you start Duranium Spheres multiball, and the camera moves down to the plunger and doesn't go back to the playfield.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
the menu is a downgrade :( i did like the old one better i really did not have a problem with it. i really liked what they did with the Pinball Hall of Fame for ps2 ;) . for the base menu music/sound i would just make it a large local arcade noises you know pinball machines people talking ect ect.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I guess I should turn on my PS3 and download the update. Setting expectations to "basement level low" after reading everyone's comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.