PS3 Tournament 9/17/13 - 9/24/13

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Eh, I was thinking it ended later today, not this early... I missed the 10% cut off so I'll still be in bronze. That's okay, I was #93 and I only played for a few hours. I should be able to get up to silver next time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So I finished #18, which made the cutoff for gold. There's seriously only gonna be 24 people playing in the next tourney at that level? That's gonna be a fierce one to be sure! I imagine the bottom 10% will get booted back down to silver. Looks like the prize for this tournament is getting an all time ranking...wheeeeeeeee

Lotta fun though. Can't wait for the next one.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
the tourney was alotta fun. it forced me to play games I don't like and it also made me chase my old high scores. all in all, I think it made me a better player. i placed around 30th in the silver class and i am very happy with that. congrats to everyone who participated.

maezun

Jul 21, 2013
Finished 13th in the Bronze tournament. Sweeeet!

I'm still not entirely convinced the scores were tallied correctly though, it says my final score was 663.77 and I worked it out to be 636.37 points (which would have put me in 32nd place). I added the points for all my tables literally 15 minutes before the end of the tournament, so I don't think it was anything to do with the scores not updating - a difference of 27 points is pretty hefty too.

I also added the point totals of some of the top players (again, just before the end of the tournament, roughly 11.45AM GMT) and they didn't tally correctly either. I think it would be interesting to know the final point scores for each individual table, rather than just the overall point score. Maybe someone could contact Farsight and get the individual table results? You have to admit, there have been a fair few problems with the leaderboards in the past.

Can't complain though, I didn't think I'd finish anywhere near the top! :D

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I haven't seen any mention of prizes. They announced the winners of the ST:TNG tourney and there was no mention of prizes for that either.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Congratulations to SS for winning the silver tournament, and to anyone else who placed :) Looks like it was a tough one.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Number of tournament players has been divided by 4 between the two PS3 tourneys: 4646 players in the tournament of May 2013, 1109 for this one.

:(

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Yeah, I stopped buying tables back in june when I made the decision to wait on the PC port and switch there. I was a bit tempted to get the packs just to compete in this, but I don't really want to buy everything twice, and I didn't feel it would be right to tie up a tier spot from someone else since I wasn't going to do any tournaments after the PC version release anyway.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
...or didn't know there was a tournament. Not that the notification was any better but I bet when the tournament button was first added more people clicked on it more often.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I bought GTAV then found out there was a tournament doh! so I only dabbled with it till now.
How sweet of you J :p
the option for a tournament was always there in the old menu they just never had any it always said waiting for more tables and turns out they only use 8 and ther was double that by the time the hosted one.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Congratulations to SS for winning the silver tournament, and to anyone else who placed :) Looks like it was a tough one.

Yeah tough is relative. There were some tables that if you can capitalize on getting extra balls. (TOM, Whirlwind, and others) I think I had my best scores just because of the extra-balls on some of the tables. Would be interesting to see what would happen if extra balls were turned off. I'm not saying the skills of those that won aren't great. I'm sure they are. I think it would be more challenging if they set the tables up for tournament settings.

That said, there should be a campaign for extra balls turned off.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.