PS3 Tournament 9/17/13 - 9/24/13

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
This is my second tourney, and once again it doesn't look like I will break the top 100. Rats! I'm in the silver level, which surprised me since I did terrible in the first tournament as well. :D

A quick question, does the tourney take your highest score after multiple games, or your last posted score? I've stopped some tables when I posted a score that was "good for me" that I might have to return to try to bump up.

Highest score. It only replaces your score if you beat your previous posted score.

maezun

Jul 21, 2013
Does anyone know how the scoring works for the tournament?

I thought the 'overall' score was the combined total of your points for all the tables, but when I add up all my points from the individual tables it does not tally with my 'overall' score. The leaderboard says I have 663.69 points, but when I add them up individually it only comes to 636.37 points. I'm confused... :confused:

VMethos

Jun 29, 2012
That's very odd. I assumed the total score was the sum of all the individual tables and I don't see how or why it would be anything else.
I don't have the chance to check and see if I have a similar issue as I'm at work, but I'm wondering if there's a possibility that your overall score only gets updated when YOU complete and post a new game. It's possible that when you completed the last game that you played your total points were 663.69 but then other players posted higher scores than you knocking your individual tables point totals down without updating your overall total points? It's only a theory, but it seems possible.

I only had time to play in the tournament Friday night and Saturday afternoon, so I gave each table only one or two attempts. By the end, I was in 32nd place or something like that with somewhere just over 600 points I believe (Bronze level). Then I went on last night just to see how my scores had held up. I had dropped down to somewhere in the 50s I believe, but I didn't notice any major change to my overall point total score, which should have dropped down by quite a bit I would imagine. (but then again, maybe not... it could just be the difference of a few points which I wouldn't notice.)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Maybe the "overall score" leaderboard is only updated one or twice per day, on the contrary of the "table score" leaderboard which is updated every five minutes.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Is there a hyperlink for the tourney rules and prizes , this morning it says I did not participate , and I actually did , so is that a placemarker message for everyone or did I not qualify ?

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
Is there a hyperlink for the tourney rules and prizes , this morning it says I did not participate , and I actually did , so is that a placemarker message for everyone or did I not qualify ?

Same thing is happening on my end. I thought the tournament was going on until 12 PM today, too! I was looking forward to a little last minute scoring. I really think I could have won the bronze level if I had a little more time. Oh well...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Weird. The tournament should have run until noon today Pacific time. The information about the tourney said that it would run until 9/24/13 at 12pm Pacific time. That "you did not participate" is just a stupid pace holder that they use until they post the final results.

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
Looks like the results have been posted. I personally placed 9th at the bronze level! I'm satisfied...until next tournament. ;p Anyway, it was a lot of fun competing against all you other pinball arcade wizards. I look forward to the next competition!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I sent them an email asking why they ended the tournament early instead of at noon. Their reply:

The tournament was scheduled to end at 9 am PST today.

Please respond to this message if more information is requested or required.

Thank you,
Pinball Arcade Support

What a bunch of crap. Either they don't know what was listed in their own rules or they accidentally ended it early and are now lying about it because it would be easier than apologizing.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
maybe they ment 12pm eastern and 9am pacific. I think the last tournament ended early too, I remember wanting a last go at some scores but it had ended after I woke up early to play.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
maybe they ment 12pm eastern and 9am pacific. I think the last tournament ended early too, I remember wanting a last go at some scores but it had ended after I woke up early to play.

Which would be in line with my presumption that they don't know what's in their own rules!

capslock42

Sep 23, 2013
The tourney was a blast and I really enjoyed the last week (although I am ready to play some AFM and MB which I havent done in a week.) I made a late night push last night and got up into fourth which isnt bad considered I have only been playing since August, looking forward to silver division next tourney, I think im up for a challenge.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Congrats to the winners! Now you are banished to the tiny Gold realm so I won't have to compete against you anymore :D (is that how it works?).

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
The tourney was a blast and I really enjoyed the last week (although I am ready to play some AFM and MB which I havent done in a week.) I made a late night push last night and got up into fourth which isnt bad considered I have only been playing since August, looking forward to silver division next tourney, I think im up for a challenge.

Nice, man! Looks like we started playing around the same time. Looking forward to a further challenge next tournament! :)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Does anyone know what the high score in Champion Pub was? I haven't been able to play the tourney since last Wednesday and I know Champion Pub was my best table on the list, so I want to see if I may have been able to beat it if I was able to put in a few more games.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Does anyone know how the scoring works for the tournament?

I thought the 'overall' score was the combined total of your points for all the tables, but when I add up all my points from the individual tables it does not tally with my 'overall' score. The leaderboard says I have 663.69 points, but when I add them up individually it only comes to 636.37 points. I'm confused... :confused:

From what I see it's based on a percentage of what the top player's points. Top score get's 100 points.

It's what we do in the league I have been playing in.

8. Scoring
Everyone plays each game in the tournament. The highest score on an individual game is assigned 100 points. All other scores are a fractional percentage of the highest score on each game. These scores are summed to determine the tournament winner.

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
Does anyone know what the high score in Champion Pub was? I haven't been able to play the tourney since last Wednesday and I know Champion Pub was my best table on the list, so I want to see if I may have been able to beat it if I was able to put in a few more games.

I played at the bronze level and got the top score with 890 million...or something thereabouts. May have been a little lower.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.