PS3 Tournament 9/17/13 - 9/24/13

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I know 3.5b doesn't sound like much in TOM but it should have counted and didn't register. I guess I should consider at #40 is pretty decent. Even so EXTRA BALLS HAVE GOT TO GO IN ANY TOURNAMENT. NO IFS ANDS OR BUT"S ABOUT IT!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If a dude can't be a little happy about his high score in a tournament in a thread specifically about that tournament, where *can* he be happy about it? I think we'll be okay here.

As for me, I'm firmly middle of the silver table. Yeah baby, yeah!

I just like to rain on SKILL_SHOT's parade since he also likes to flood my PSN inbox with updates on how he's doing! We have a healthy back and forth, though a bit lopsided :eek:

Finally had the game I needed on Champ Pub, which promptly moved me from out of Gold into 13th. Now I gotta do what I can to secure that position. Guess that means more Dr Dude and ToM are in my future, dammit. The points I could earn from any of the other tables aren't worth the time at the moment.

Hey Neglectoid, don't give up man. Find the tables you are bombing on and let's move you up! We need forum members to represent.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Hey Neglectoid, don't give up man. Find the tables you are bombing on and let's move you up! We need forum members to represent.

right on, it does put a smile on my lips when I see familiar names on the boards. I'll give space shuttle another go before I crash out tonight. my TOM and CV scores could use a little bump too.

btw syt.. congragts. champion pub is a tough table.
congrats to you too err777.

Last edited:

capslock42

Sep 23, 2013
I just wanted to chime in and say hi to everyone on the thread. I have lurked on the forums for a while and figured I would actually make an account to post on this thread. This is the first tourney I have gotten to play and I have to say that im having a blast. My position keeps moving up and down, so there is defiantly some healthy competition even in the bronze tier, and competing against 700+ people is about as much fun as i could ask for. Anyways so yea....Hi everyone. See you in the silver tier next tourney. :)

PSN ID: Caps_Lock420

I currently have like 2 friends so if anyone would like to add me just to compare scores or something that would be great.

Last edited:

cammanchee

May 29, 2013
Welcome to the forums capslock. This is also the first tourney I have played as well and it has been fun being in one position when you decide to wrap up your play for the day, to come back the next day and see of your scores have held up. I know you and I have changed places once or twice in the overall standings and it has been fun trying to improve on the scores.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Mhff. Not my favourite choice of tables for this tournament, I'm afraid. Except for one or two they're either drain-o-mats or tables that I'm not into.

Got to pass on this one, I think. :(

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
This was fun! I may get 1 more shot at some tables tomorrow. I really hope they do more Tournaments.

I want to add, and I know I've said this before. NO EXTRA BALLS IN A TOURNAMENT SETTING!!!!! I would like to see a tournament with extra balls turned off.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Anyway during the multiball on TOM and Circus Voltaire there are some rallenty,very very little,but the balls loose some frame with a strange effect..
I note this only on Ps3 version,on 360 is ok.
anyone note this little rallenty on Tom and CV during multiball ?

Yep, this "frame stutter" happens occasionally, especially during multiball, due to the special lighting FX of the PS3 version.

So S_S, become a cheerleader for us other guys of the forum in the Silver tourney. I know Brakel, Neglectoid, DarkAtosh, and ScotchYeti are all in it too. You've got your cushion, be the good sport!

And me in your PSN friend list! ^^ (Ouazegaga... no relation to the singer.)

I only own two tables (ToM and CV) so I worked on it to stay in the Silver Tourney (currently 5th and 7th on these tables).

Last edited:

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
TCP kills me so I won't try as hard as last time. :)

Slowly I start to believe that there is something odd with this table. I am sure I hit the flipper in time but the ball hardly changes its course and drains (and this is in 720p). Maybe I should record it to doublecheck because tables like Whirlwind are also fast and here I have no problem.

ScotchYeti

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I only own two tables (ToM and CV) so I worked on it to stay in the Silver Tourney (currently 5th and 7th on these tables).

That's no mean feet with only 2 tables. Especially those two, as ToM gives me fits and CV is a beast to control the ball.

FALCO12-QUEBEC

Mar 2, 2013
Good luck , but i'd like to beat you !!!!!!

:)
Man, it would be nice if the tables like Centaur and Whirlwind would allow/count rollover scores like Pinbot does for the tournament so it would be such a pain trying to get as close to the rollover score as possible. I did have the high score on Centaur for the bronze tournament with a little over 9,987,000, after having a game of 13,860,000 to see if it counted the rollover scores and realizing it didn't. Earlier today someone posted a score of 9,998,810, and I just played a game not to long ago where I rolled the score twice by ball # 2 trying to get a score of 9,999,000 or as close as I could get before rolling over. I had a chance when I was coming up on the second rollover and was trying to best the top score. I had a little more than 9,999,000 and before I could get the table to tilt before rolling over, the ball hit an upper lane and rolled the score by 150 points. I decided to give up for today, but will probably try again tomorrow.

schiapcom69

May 1, 2013
Yep, this "frame stutter" happens occasionally, especially during multiball, due to the special lighting FX of the PS3 version.

And me in your PSN friend list! ^^ (Ouazegaga... no relation to the singer.)

Exactly,sometimes there is very little problem.
I hope to play this evening,before the tourney ending.
Good Luck to all !

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
I just wanted to chime in and say hi to everyone on the thread. I have lurked on the forums for a while and figured I would actually make an account to post on this thread. This is the first tourney I have gotten to play and I have to say that im having a blast. My position keeps moving up and down, so there is defiantly some healthy competition even in the bronze tier, and competing against 700+ people is about as much fun as i could ask for. Anyways so yea....Hi everyone. See you in the silver tier next tourney. :)

PSN ID: Caps_Lock420

I currently have like 2 friends so if anyone would like to add me just to compare scores or something that would be great.

This is my first tourney too, I saw you at the top of all the leaderboards destroying everyone... last I checked I was at #61 within the 10% but I'm sure I've dropped out by now. I don't have tons of time to play so hopefully I can squeeze back into the top 10% and get to silver. I'll add you on PSN.

Man, it would be nice if the tables like Centaur and Whirlwind would allow/count rollover scores like Pinbot does for the tournament so it would be such a pain trying to get as close to the rollover score as possible.

Yeah I wish I had this problem. :p

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
It seems there will be an other tournament next month, according the in-game rule sheet, saying that the Gold tourney will be added next month...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey SKILL_SHOT, don't look now but ALOL is making a run on you. Your lead is now only by 50 points. Your Centaur score got bumped, and a few others are dropping too. Don't slack off now!!

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
This is my second tourney, and once again it doesn't look like I will break the top 100. Rats! I'm in the silver level, which surprised me since I did terrible in the first tournament as well. :D

A quick question, does the tourney take your highest score after multiple games, or your last posted score? I've stopped some tables when I posted a score that was "good for me" that I might have to return to try to bump up.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.