PS3 Version 2.07 (NA) Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosWyrM

Jun 26, 2012
the flipper lag is not real and can't be fixed. it's a matter of perception and your tv, farsight can't do anything about it..

I, and many more, have never experienced flipper lag and I would argue it's only a very vocal minority that does.

utter nonsense.

i, and many more, have never experienced antarctica, so i guess its not real.

the flipper lag is real and quantifiable. i can see that the flipper on the screen moves 3-4 tenths of a second after i press the button. you cant say "its not real" and then say "its a matter of perception and your tv". those are mutually exclusive statements. it has nothing to do with the tv...that theory doesnt even make sense. i have 5 different pinball games, and 2 of them are made by farsight containing some of the same tables. the pinball arcade is the only one with lag...explain how thats my tvs fault.

besides my other 30 odd games that all play with no lag....4 pinball games work perfectly 1 does not. there must be something different about that 1 game.

besides...farsight has already admitted its an issue...they just dont seem to care much about fixing it.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
the flipper lag is not real and can't be fixed. it's a matter of perception and your tv, farsight can't do anything about it..

I, and many more, have never experienced flipper lag and I would argue it's only a very vocal minority that does.

Uhhmmmm .... what? Flipper lag isn't real? I can assure you it is real. PA is the only game that lags on my system. It's an issue that needs fixing done by FS, not the user. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I KNEW those pop bumpers sounded different! I honestly just thought it was a placebo effect from downloading the update. Physics tweak makes sense too, as I was playing RBION and doing South America where if you shoot the right ramp, it'll stop in the ball lock and then get ejected straight for the shrunken head. Only this time it was shooting other areas too. So there's a little tiny bit of randomness now. Good stuff.

And before it gets out of control, can we keep the flipper lag debate to the flipper lag thread? Yeah yeah, gauntlet was thrown down so a response was needed. Fantastic. Done. There's already countless pages on the subject over here, http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2020-Flipper-lag-theory

Let's keep it there!

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I KNEW those pop bumpers sounded different! I honestly just thought it was a placebo effect from downloading the update. Physics tweak makes sense too, as I was playing RBION and doing South America where if you shoot the right ramp, it'll stop in the ball lock and then get ejected straight for the shrunken head. Only this time it was shooting other areas too. So there's a little tiny bit of randomness now. Good stuff.

And before it gets out of control, can we keep the flipper lag debate to the flipper lag thread? Yeah yeah, gauntlet was thrown down so a response was needed. Fantastic. Done. There's already countless pages on the subject over here, http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2020-Flipper-lag-theory

Let's keep it there!

Thanks for getting us back on topic, its amazing how quickly one ignorant post can derail a thread.

The pop bumper sound was definitely the first thing that stood out to me, playing MM all the time probably made it more prominent for me to notice. It seems to have a more realistic pop bumper snap to it now. Now that they've been pointed out I'm noticing some of the subtle physics changes too, but I'm still looking forward to the flipper tip fix hopefully next patch.. Its good to see progress being made on the PS3 version though.

Then there's the huge new thing that's so easy to overlook (I did until Pin Wiz posted it) - the custom ball skins have finally arrived. They look good with the reflective ball in TPA too.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Considering how many 'ball through flippers' I just experienced tonight, can't wait for that fix either.

The sound on the pop bumpers really makes me happy. Now I'd like some more noise from balls colliding with each other during multiball!

And I am currently playing with the Happy Face ball skin. That yellow really makes the ball stand out on RBION!!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah me too! I fired up MM and beat BFTK twice! MM is definitely easier. But TOTAN seems harder and thats 1 I play alot!

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Really?? You'd think this would've been fixed by now. That's very disappointing.. :(

Agreed. It's really quite shocking. We're not talking some artwork back-to-front, but elements that change the very nature of how the game plays. Farsight - enough with the fancy balls, fix what's wrong first.

Is it just me or are tables harder? Maybe the ball skins brought more lag?

I'm wondering the same thing... I played ToM for an hour or so last night, and it completely kicked my @**. I expect to reach the Grande Finale on ToM these days, but no. I mean I wasn't even close. Seemed like the outlanes have some new super-strength magnets, cos they were BRUTAL !

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Just encountered a weird game breaker in TZ. Ball got stuck when loading gumball, so I had to call the attendant. Before it finished the countdown, the gumball got loaded so I had two balls in play. The next game, two balls were in the plunger and I had to reset.

The challenge is reproducing this one...

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just shot the camera really fast and it got stuck by the left magnet, attendant did nothing as it fired of coils and flippers looking for it....my second game.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Just encountered a weird game breaker in TZ. Ball got stuck when loading gumball, so I had to call the attendant. Before it finished the countdown, the gumball got loaded so I had two balls in play. The next game, two balls were in the plunger and I had to reset.

The challenge is reproducing this one...
If it's anything like the iOS version, it will actually happen fairly often. Just give it a good 30 to 45 seconds when it does. Usually TPA will eventually get the ball into the gumball machine on its own and you can resume normal play without any weirdness.

One other tip: When you're about to finish Lost in the Zone, make absolutely certain there is no ball stuck underneath the upper right flipper. If there is, the post-LITZ reloading of balls into the gumball machine fails and you have no way to continue normally.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Just found an even worse bug. After you finish a game and start a 2nd game, the game ends immediately with a score of zero and summons player 2.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Just found an even worse bug. After you finish a game and start a 2nd game, the game ends immediately with a score of zero and summons player 2.

+1

Also my PS3 is freezing while playing TZ.

How this made it through QA is beyond me... :(

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
This has pretty much become a joke now, this meticulous QA that Sony has ain't it. Not to mention Farsights QA, I think their QA dept is nothing more than a PR stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.