PS3 Version 2.07 (NA) Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I don't think FarSight has a QA department, strictly speaking--they're just a small development studio, and normally the publisher would handle QA. But their publisher, Crave, went out of business shortly after the game came out. The testing Sony does is probably geared more toward making sure the purchase, download, and update process from PSN works correctly, rather than testing how the game itself plays. Of course I could easily be wrong about that.

I played a few rounds on the table without any problems, maybe I just got lucky. : o Also I didn't get very far. : P

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just found an even worse bug. After you finish a game and start a 2nd game, the game ends immediately with a score of zero and summons player 2.

Yep, had that happen twice already. Know what I did? Backed out to the main menu and then loaded up again. No big whoop.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Norman is in charge of QA, he assured me they DO test the tables on consoles there in the studio. Just sayin'.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'm sure they do some testing. Is it the developers themselves doing double duty as testers, or do they have dedicated testers?

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Oh look, another game breaker. After I activated LiTZ, first thing that happens is powerball mania and what happens? The camera gets stuck on the gumball machine, completely breaking my game.

This is becoming quite a mess.

Last edited:

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Also, does anyone know if those bugs listed in the TZ section got fixed on the mobiles in a later update?

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Just found an even worse bug. After you finish a game and start a 2nd game, the game ends immediately with a score of zero and summons player 2.

Add me to the list with this bug. Yeah, you can kick out and reload the thing, but it's still a bug.

I also had the ball "stutter" and seem to jump a flipper.

And it also seems to keep kicking me out from being singed into the PSN. I'm not going to call it a bug yet, I'll try again tomorrow in case it was just some weirdness.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Had the camera get stuck on the gumball machine when I shot the powerball into it to start gumball multiball. It center drained all the balls and then popped back out to normal view to launch my next ball.

Sure these are bugs, but nothing that stopped me from playing a game immediately after (and scoring my best score yet, with 2 LitZ). Loving this table. Like the look, like the physics, dig all the sound bytes from other Lawlor games.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Had the camera get stuck on the gumball machine when I shot the powerball into it to start gumball multiball. It center drained all the balls and then popped back out to normal view to launch my next ball.

Sure these are bugs, but nothing that stopped me from playing a game immediately after (and scoring my best score yet, with 2 LitZ). Loving this table. Like the look, like the physics, dig all the sound bytes from other Lawlor games.

same thing happened to me

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
The bug where you try to start a new game in FH but goes in some sort of attract mode instead is still present in 2.07.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
The testing Sony does is probably geared more toward making sure the purchase, download, and update process from PSN works correctly, rather than testing how the game itself plays.

You're probably right about that. I'm sure their test scripts have some basic checks like that the game will launch and not freeze when exiting to XMB etc., but I doubt Sony would actually check gameplay at all.

I'm sure they do some testing. Is it the developers themselves doing double duty as testers, or do they have dedicated testers?

I bet they could find a lot of volunteer testers on this site, even if it meant people shelling out the money for a development PS3. I'm not sure if Sony has any rules about that kind of thing though..

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Shoot, if they'd ask I bet a few of us SoCal locals would go up and do testing too.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Heheh, but didn't they already let him in once?

Edit: Actually come to think of it going there in person would take care of a lot of the potential problems. He wouldn't need to buy his own development box and they could just call him an unpaid intern if Sony has any stupid rules about non-employees testing or whatnot..

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
whoa whoa whoa...

Unpaid??

(thinks about all the actual pinball tables that are there and being able to play TPA without distractions for a day)

Um, I could maybe make that work!

Truth be told, I think the only value in some of us actually going up to test would be to point out the obvious and then report back to you guys that we pointed out the obvious! I don't know many days they actually test for, and I don't know how much could be accomplished if say I were to volunteer for one day. But then, who knows? Should we see who in the SoCal area would be willing to go up once a month for a day to do actual consumer base testing? Let's start a list and see how many of us there actually are. By next Friday we could tally it up and then maybe make a pitch to having us do just that. I'll start...

1. shutyertrap (orange county represent!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.