PS4 NA v1.00 Master Bug List

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Huh, so at times the game actually slows down and runs in a bit of slow motion. Very interesting! I definitely don't get that problem on my machine, haven't seen the more standard stuttery type either. Good to have video of it!!

EDIT: Those are both played in a low, locked camera angle... I'd be tempted to wonder if that (the low angle) had something to do with it, but Queue said he plays in camera 3, the high angle.

Hey you know come to think of it, at one point on the PS3, there was slow-motion slowdown like that when certain tables were played--but only in a low camera angle!!

Okay, I switched to camera 4 (locked) while playing CV today, and encountered slowdown pretty quickly, during the "Frenzie" multiball. I've never had that happen when using my usual camera, 3 (locked). So basically:

1) Start Cirqus Voltaire.
2) After launching the ball, make sure you're in camera 4, locked.
3) Activate "Frenzie" multiball (probably happens with some other modes too, although I didn't get it in regular Highwire Multiball--but the Ringmaster isn't raised during that, so maybe that had something to do with it).
==> From time to time during this mode, the game will slow to maybe 75% speed for a few seconds at a time, with the balls moving in slow-motion across the table.

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
On PS3, TPA used the standard Sony patching system. I'd be surprised if it's any different on PS4.

Good to know. I never owned a PS3, so I'm pretty new to the whole PSN thing.

Okay, I switched to camera 4 (locked) while playing CV today, and encountered slowdown pretty quickly, during the "Frenzie" multiball. I've never had that happen when using my usual camera, 3 (locked).

It looks like this truly is hardware lag, then. I wonder if the engine can be further optimized to make better use of the PS4's hardware so that these slowdowns no longer happen. Funny, though, that I get stutter at locked camera 3, but you don't. What could be the determining factor?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Question (and this goes for everybody): When you downloaded TPA on the PS4, did you also get a notification that an update file was downloading? I've received notifications for update files with most of my other DLC games, but never with TPA — and I've downloaded it about ten times.

I ask because I'm curious to know if TPA installs update patches independently of the PS4 operating system. Since I've never received a notification that an update was downloaded/installed, I assume that it does.

There hasn't been an update to TPA yet on the PS4 but when there is it should update automatically in the background. You'll get a notification once the patch downloads and installs. That's the way it works for all of my other PS4 games.

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
There hasn't been an update to TPA yet on the PS4 but when there is it should update automatically in the background. You'll get a notification once the patch downloads and installs. That's the way it works for all of my other PS4 games.

Thanks for the explanation. I just wanted to make sure that the day-one patch was part of the main download, rather than a separate update, because every time that I've downloaded the game, it never downloads a separate update file.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I have just gotten TPA for the PS4. The sound is OK for me, but my audio just comes from a TV outputting stereo Linear PCM. I have had all multi-ball modes on all available tables and I personally have never experienced any slowdown. But I am sure other types of TVs might be able to cause it with all the fancy modes they have. I just have a 1080p 60hz LCD 32" Westinghouse TV. All I can control is color and contrast and sound. I do hope it gets sorted out for other players! I can't wait for a better UI and thanks FS for the season 1 discount!!

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
On Twilight Zone the Clock looks real blurry. I can actually see a transparent box-shaped object on the clock that isn't there on the PS3 version. Has anyone else noticed this? I use mainly neutral lighting. but I cycled through the other 2 and the clock still looks bad. Also as mentioned trying to get the yellow skill shot is impossible!

TimRex

Dec 8, 2013
On Twilight Zone the Clock looks real blurry. I can actually see a transparent box-shaped object on the clock that isn't there on the PS3 version. Has anyone else noticed this? I use mainly neutral lighting. but I cycled through the other 2 and the clock still looks bad. Also as mentioned trying to get the yellow skill shot is impossible!

The transparent box shaped object around the clock is exactly as you say, a transparent box. This existed on the original TZ machine, possibly made from perspex. Not sure how it looks on the PS3 version, but you're right - it does make the clock appear a little blurry/faded. Possibly intentional?

large.jpg

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8833

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I have just gotten TPA for the PS4. The sound is OK for me, but my audio just comes from a TV outputting stereo Linear PCM. I have had all multi-ball modes on all available tables and I personally have never experienced any slowdown. But I am sure other types of TVs might be able to cause it with all the fancy modes they have. I just have a 1080p 60hz LCD 32" Westinghouse TV. All I can control is color and contrast and sound. I do hope it gets sorted out for other players! I can't wait for a better UI and thanks FS for the season 1 discount!!

Slowdown is not caused by the TV. It has been captured on the PS4 share feature now and that would have nothing to do with the TV.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Easier than the Funhouse skill shot.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Oh yes the Funhouse skillshot you need to shoot and nudge and pray. I've only done it once, but TZ's I have gotten the yellow shot and it is definitely easier! On the PS3 the clock looks pretty nice and clear. Also if you use a custom ball those too replace all the chrome ones which have already been mentioned to be ceramic ones. I wish we could have some mods and have a colored gumball machine. That would be neat!

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Slowdown is not caused by the TV. It has been captured on the PS4 share feature now and that would have nothing to do with the TV.

OK Brakel that's good news. It wouldn't be too cool if your TV was at fault. Just must be a conflict in the program somewhere? Also on Scared Stiff I had to enter my initials TWICE to register them.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
On Funhouse is anyone able to get the ball into Mirror light for Frenzy when you have opened the steps ramp? For the life of me I can't hit it from that plunger.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
On Funhouse is anyone able to get the ball into Mirror light for Frenzy when you have opened the steps ramp? For the life of me I can't hit it from that plunger.

Pretty sure I got Frenzy off the left plunger a few days ago, if that's what you mean (I'm not sure about the "Mirror light" part).

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
On Funhouse is anyone able to get the ball into Mirror light for Frenzy when you have opened the steps ramp?

Yes, although I am usually more likely to score extra ball, because the plunger is so inconsistent. The skill shot is what I always seem to miss. The only way that I've figured out how to successfully score the skill shot is to shoot the ball slightly ahead of Rudy's hideout and to nudge hard so that it falls back into it. There is definitely something funky going on with the plunger.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Has there been any mention or word of a patch or fix for any of these issues yet?
Even a confirmation that they will be bringing one (other than the audio glitch)?

It's ridiculous that they sold it to us again, without even fixing all these problems from the previous version first.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Ok I kinda suck at pinball so I use the pro mode and the adjustments to make the game easier, well theirs a problem when I fix the game to make it easier it saves it, then I play it. Then I might get board of it and play another pinball game, then after a couple of games I go back and kick ass on the game I turn on the pro mode at all the work I did to make it easier is deleted, so then I have to do it all over again everytime. All the other systems save it except for the Playstation 4, I'm figuring it must be a bug in the pro mode or something. I just thought I'd put that down as one of the things to get fixed, thanks for listening.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Ok I kinda suck at pinball so I use the pro mode and the adjustments to make the game easier, well theirs a problem when I fix the game to make it easier it saves it, then I play it. Then I might get board of it and play another pinball game, then after a couple of games I go back and kick ass on the game I turn on the pro mode at all the work I did to make it easier is deleted, so then I have to do it all over again everytime. All the other systems save it except for the Playstation 4, I'm figuring it must be a bug in the pro mode or something. I just thought I'd put that down as one of the things to get fixed, thanks for listening.

That has already been reported and they've acknowledged it as a bug...which presumably means they'll fix it at some point. But yeah it kinda made my Pro pack purchase fairly pointless for now. : P

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.