PS4 NA v1.00 Master Bug List

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Has anyone been able to use the backglass canon feature in CV? I haven't had it yet and I keep trying. Has it been removed?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
What really gets to me is why anyone, who is so disappointed with FarSight's product and their business practices, would continue to waste their time giving feedback to a developer who (in their eyes) will never release a polished product or change their business practices. FarSight handles their business and product to the best of their ability with the limited resources they have and if someone doesn't agree with that, then it's time for you to move on. Don't ruin the experience for others who actually understand why these things happen and are willing to accept it for their own love of pinball. Life's too short to waste your time on things that make you miserable.

...and Josh Tolpa, feel free to post my rant in its entirety on FarSight's Facebook. Hopefully it'll open some people's eyes and make them realize that The Pinball Arcade is just a game and not worth the headache if it's as bad as some make it out to be and reduces the quality of life for them. There are countless products and companies that I find unacceptable, I just don't waste my time on them...problem solved.

I wonder if some of the people that post all of their problems that they have with the game go through life pointing out the flaws in everything that they encounter? That would be a sad existence. The fun in TPA is that I can play virtual pinball everyday on tables that I get to play the real thing maybe once a year if I'm lucky. I have so much fun playing this game with my family. I bought a pinball neon light at the Chicago Pinball Expo and I love to sit down, snap on the light and announce to the family that the pinball arcade is open for business!

There's just so much more good going on in the tables that some little problems aren't going to over weigh the fun that we have. It would be nice if FarSight could concentrate on improving just the things that I want (multi controller support?) but I know that's not realistic. When I read these long rants about the game I just keep thinking "Its PINBALL dude, get real!"

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
brakel...please re-quote my edited post as the original post had errors that I needed to correct. Thanks.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
The leaderboards are my biggest complaint. Pinwiz, can you please start a petition to get rid of mobiles or at least have a PS4 only filter? Why the friends aren't shown is beyond me. :-\

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The leaderboards are my biggest complaint. Pinwiz, can you please start a petition to get rid of mobiles or at least have a PS4 only filter? Why the friends aren't shown is beyond me. :-\

FarSight is looking to expand the leaderboards, but that's about all I can say for now. I will continue to relay feedback on the leaderboards in the meantime.

Chromium Dragon

Jul 11, 2012
FYI: The green slice on the Bride of Pinbot Big Wheel reads "10 Billion" instead of "10 Million".

This is purely a cosmetic issue, as it's correctly granting 10 million when scored.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
FYI: The green slice on the Bride of Pinbot Big Wheel reads "10 Billion" instead of "10 Million".

This is purely a cosmetic issue, as it's correctly granting 10 million when scored.

Yup, this was fixed on the PS3 version now it's back on the PS4...

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
What really gets to me is why anyone, who is so disappointed with FarSight's product and their business practices, would continue to waste their time giving feedback to a developer who (in their eyes) will never release a polished product or change their business practices. FarSight handles their business and product to the best of their ability with the limited resources they have and if someone doesn't agree with that, then it's time for you to move on. Don't ruin the experience for others who actually understand why these things happen and are willing to accept it for their own love of pinball.

I'm not disappointed with Farsight's product in itself, though. I like TPA, and in my opinion, it's the best pinball simulation that I've ever played. What I am disappointed with are the small, yet obvious, things that tend to get continually overlooked during production, such as glaring audio/video bugs, a subpar graphical interface, and a lack of options. I'm not asking Farsight to reinvent the wheel. I'm just urging them to please consider adopting a few time-tested design principles that, although often understated and taken for granted, are crucial to the overall experience and enjoyment of the game.

I realize that they're a small development team that simply does not have the manpower to patch every last bug that happens to manifest itself once in a blue moon. There are a lot of unappeasable Facebook trolls who complain about every single thing that Farsight does, and I understand that some of the more loyal fans grow tired of reading the constant barrage of negative feedback on that venue. But I'm not one of those people. I've come to accept that TPA will never be perfect. No video game is, and I'm neither arrogant nor ignorant enough to expect such a thing.

Regardless, there are a number of things that are within their means to improve, and I would like to see those things eventually addressed. The PS4 audio bug, for instance, would have never passed quality control on a major retail release, but we often give Farsight a pass on such egregious mistakes because it's, well, Farsight. I don't think that's fair to either Farsight or the consumers, and it's our job as fans and consumers of their products to voice our opinions when warranted. I'm only critical of the game and its developer because I love them so much, and if I didn't, I wouldn't say anything at all. The graphical interface is due to receive an update, so that gives me hope that most of my complaints will be addressed within the near future. I just hope that TPA soon returns to the level of quality that was present in the original PHOF release. PHOF wasn't perfect, either, but at least I could adjust the audio!

Last edited:

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
Cirqus Voltaire.
- No random menagerie colored ball and that particular colored lighting in the tube track on right side of table. Red ball/red light, green ball/green light, yellow ball/yellow light etc. Something I miss from the ps3 version. I cant believe its missed in the ps4 version, but can understand why if it was a timing issue to get TBA on PS4 as quick as possible.

Stuttering on experienced on several tables when the action gets fast paced and/or with multiball action. Lasts a second or two, but can disrupt your timing and flow on a good game. An annoyance for sure. MM, CV, MB, BoP, CFTBL, ST:TNG, AFM are tables Ive played the most so far with stuttering.

No strobe multiball for AFM. Really thought that it would be in the ps4 version to go along with the fantastic lighting. If and when this is added in.... could this be a toggle feature implemented?... for those that are seizure sensitive. AFM: Enable strobe light multiball effects / disable strobe light multiball effects.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Stuttering on experienced on several tables when the action gets fast paced and/or with multiball action. Lasts a second or two, but can disrupt your timing and flow on a good game. An annoyance for sure. MM, CV, MB, BoP, CFTBL, ST:TNG, AFM are tables Ive played the most so far with stuttering.

Ooh I've never had stuttering. Are you sure it isn't just the ball flickering through shadows if you're playing in Dark lighting mode? That can be a little visually confusing, at least for me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Found another repeatable case where the shadow comes off a ball and remains behind on the table until the ball goes away: in TotAN, TILT while the ball is on the plunger, and the shadow comes off the ball and stays behind in the plunger lane.

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
A hit in frame rates is what I mean. At random times, even for just a second or two, its a pretty good drop in the frame rate department.

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
A hit in frame rates is what I mean. At random times, even for just a second or two, its a pretty good drop in the frame rate department.

I can confirm the same arbitrary framerate stuttering on two separate PS4s. It seems to happen on Cirqus Voltaire more than any other table that I've played, presumably due to high number of effects used on that table. This should be added to the master bug list.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
^^^ Post a video. Like others have said, I haven't seen any stuttering at all on the PS4 version (though I did report bad lag in an early beta demo). I'll check again to be sure.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I haven't seen any stuttering. My wife, daughter and I have been working on the goals for MM, ToM, and AFM and haven't seen any visual problems. I think I've only played one game of CV. I've seen stuttering on the PS3 in multiball from time to time on a few tables.

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
I haven't seen any stuttering.

Like I said, I've observed stuttering on two separate PS4s (mine and a friend's). An entirely unrelated person, Stone, also reported stuttering, so I'm definitely not just imagining this. A lot of people didn't notice a problem with the audio, either, until I pointed it out.

The stuttering seems to be more pronounced on the dark light setting. I suggest playing Cirqus Voltaire on dark lighting for thirty minutes to an hour. Pay close attention to the ball, because the stutter is often very subtle. I also suggest playing with any sort of 120hz settings on your LCD, such as LG TruMotion, disabled so that the stuttering frames aren't smoothed together.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Like I said, I've observed stuttering on two separate PS4s (mine and a friend's). An entirely unrelated person, Stone, also reported stuttering, so I'm definitely not just imagining this. A lot of people didn't notice a problem with the audio, either, until I pointed it out.

The stuttering seems to be more pronounced on the dark light setting. I suggest playing Cirqus Voltaire on dark lighting for thirty minutes to an hour. Pay close attention to the ball, because the stutter is often very subtle. I also suggest playing with any sort of 120hz settings on your LCD, such as LG TruMotion, disabled so that the stuttering frames aren't smoothed together.

I wasn't trying to discount your observances but rather breaking it down by table. I was posting on tables that didn't seem to be having issues. I am quite sure that I will notice any stuttering, slow down or dropped frames because it's something that I notice in many games. There also could be specific gameplay sequences that cause the problems. If you can try to document all of the game situations it will help FS recreate the circumstances of the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.