PS4 pricing and discount thread

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
why wouldn't it work like normal DLC even with a disc you should be able to download DLC and play it but you need the disc in like Boarderlands Battlefield 3 Gran Tourismo.

I'm not saying it shouldn't work that way, but would you want to risk it knowing how FarSight can be? Owners of the disc have said there is no way to purchase the PRO mode, and you'd think that would be an option right off the top.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I'm not saying it shouldn't work that way, but would you want to risk it knowing how FarSight can be? Owners of the disc have said there is no way to purchase the PRO mode, and you'd think that would be an option right off the top.

You would THINK Pro mode was included at the price.

Krakehz

Nov 6, 2013
Yep, disappointing. Still unresolved, still no response. What's happening FarSight?

My guess is that the sony people responsible for the eu store are on holiday, seeying as there hasent been a store update since 18 dec, so the earliest we can expect a fix is next week wednesday (but with the incompetence of the eu store people i wouldnt hold my breath for a fix wednesday ) :s

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I haven't connected my PS4 yet, but when looking at the pricing on the website PSN store it shows:

Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Pro Bundle (Discounted) $19.99

I didn't buy the Pro tables though. I bought all standard tables and was planning on getting Season 1 for $14.99.

Are they still working on fixing this or is this the best deal we are going to see?

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I'm seeing both options available to me. I'll actually get the pro version for only $5 more for the whole season. The funny thing is that I only have one pro table from season one (STTNG) so I wonder if its right that both are available to me.. Trying out linking to a picture of G+ as test..

Store Pic

On the unfortunate side there's no big banner ad on the store website for Free TPA like there is for Free Zen Pinball 2.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm seeing both options available to me. I'll actually get the pro version for only $5 more for the whole season. The funny thing is that I only have one pro table from season one (STTNG) so I wonder if its right that both are available to me.. Trying out linking to a picture of G+ as test..

Store Pic

On the unfortunate side there's no big banner ad on the store website for Free TPA like there is for Free Zen Pinball 2.
You lucky bugger. This is what I'm seeing in Australia:
BFxAEt4.png

At that exchange rate, I'm just going to buy the tables on a US PSN account and hopefully it'll let me use those while playing on my AU account. Shouldn't have to pay an extra $14 just for living in a different country. Hell, from what I can see the discounted prices on our store are closer to being in line with the US regular prices.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Seems to me that FarSight should be able to offer one more pack to PS3/Vita owners on the PS4... the complete Discounted S1 Pro Upgrade pack for $5 if we already have the new S1. Some of us didn't have the option to buy the $20 Discount S1 pack until recently and bought the regular Discount pack.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I'm just going to buy the tables on a US PSN account and hopefully it'll let me use those while playing on my AU account. Shouldn't have to pay an extra $14 just for living in a different country. Hell, from what I can see the discounted prices on our store are closer to being in line with the US regular prices.

Interesting idea, can you have one PS4 set as master on more than one PSN account? Logically you would think yes, but this IS Sony we are talking about.

Gadbury

Jul 20, 2012
Finally, the Season 1 bundle discount is available. UK Store here, it's up for £11.99. The Pro Season 1 bundle is showing as unavailable still.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
You lucky bugger. This is what I'm seeing in Australia:

At that exchange rate, I'm just going to buy the tables on a US PSN account and hopefully it'll let me use those while playing on my AU account. Shouldn't have to pay an extra $14 just for living in a different country. Hell, from what I can see the discounted prices on our store are closer to being in line with the US regular prices.

o_O !!!

44 bucks for the regular bundle, 60 bucks for the pro bundle!!! WTF! (30 and 40 in the others countries)

For a physic retail version, I could understand that the prices could be higher... but for a digital content, it's just a robbery.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
o_O !!!

44 bucks for the regular bundle, 60 bucks for the pro bundle!!! WTF! (30 and 40 in the others countries)

For a physic retail version, I could understand that the prices could be higher... but for a digital content, it's just a robbery.
Yep, it's ridiculous. Definitely going down the US route, provided that's something that works. It's a pain in the multiballs to mess around with it, but if I have to do it to save ~$15... so be it.

Warped Trekker

Dec 26, 2013
o_O !!!

Isn't that what real pinball tables were about? Robbery of your wallet? There is a reason why balls drain so quickly on most tables. It's designed to make money. Notice how large of space is between the flippers? Designed to have better chance of missing the ball, IMO. If I go down to our local Pinballz here in Austin, I can easily spend $20 in a couple hours of play. Most tables are $.75 now, which I find ridiculous.

Last edited:

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Isn't that what real pinball tables were about? Robbery of your wallet? There is a reason why balls drain so quickly on most tables. It's designed to make money. Notice how large of space is between the flippers? Designed to have better chance of missing the ball, IMO. If I go down to our local Pinballz here in Austin, I can easily spend $20 in a couple hours of play. Most tables are $.75 now, which I find ridiculous.

In Australia most places cost $2 a play for newer tables. Sometimes your lucky and you will get the 3 plays for $2 on older ones. Gets expensive quickly. I think I might start a thread on a pinball tour of Newtown in Sydney where a lot of pubs have pinballs. I think pictures will get a bit blurry by the end given the amount of beers I will probably consume along the way!

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
They've tweaked the store, indeed, but it's such a mess now.

For the standard discount pack it says I don't own packs 7 and 10, plus TZ and STTNG tables (all of which I do actually own).

For the pro discount pack it says that I don't have Pro Medieval Madness and Bride. WTF? Pro discount should be available even if you don't own any pro tables and I do own pro Medieval Madness table, but probably no pro Bride table as there is no pro update just for Bride. Do I have to buy both the pro upgrades + tables in a single pack again just to get pro Bride table?

It's so confusing. Why pro discount pack doesn't say the 7/10/TZ/STTNG are missing like the standard pack says? Why does it require me to have pro packs? Why is there is no separate pro upgrade for Bride? So many questions and no answers. It would be easier to buy the season one pack for the full price rather than to resolve these absurd dependencies in the store. Sony has ****ed up again.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

But he's talking about the difference in cost between countries not that it costs money. Back when pinball machines were a quarter for five balls in the US, the price in Europe was something comparable to that.

Krakehz

Nov 6, 2013
o_O !!!

Dont be stupid, its australian dollars witch makes it slightly cheaper than the euro stores...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts