PS4 pricing and discount thread

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The three tables you speak of are included in the season 1 bundle but they failed to put that in the discription for some reason.(same thing on steam btw included but it doesent say in the discription )

Thanks for the reply! That's good to know.
You would think Farsight would want people to know that those 3 excellent tables are included with the season 1 bundle.
I'll pass the info on to a few people I know who were asking me if I knew ...which I didn't ;)

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
The three tables you speak of are included in the season 1 bundle but they failed to put that in the discription for some reason.(same thing on steam btw included but it doesent say in the discription )

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I looked through the season 1 description, and as those tables weren't listed I got them first.

So I've payed for them separately due to the poor description, I still can't get the season 1 discount because I own 2 pro versions of tables on PS3 (which, as described in earlier posts, makes the discount unavailable as you 'don't own those tables').

Thank you Sony. Thank you Farsight. As I said before, I think this issue with the discount is too complicated to resolve, I just wish Farsight had thought this through and discussed with Sony a lot more before they made any promises, as the intended goodwill just backfires.

Feel free to pounce on me, but I've spent well over £100 on this game on PS3 and android. I just can't justify paying full price again for the same tables with flashy lights, bugs and tinny sound, especially now I've been ripped off paying for 3 tables didn't need to buy separately.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just can't justify paying full price again for the same tables with flashy lights, bugs and tinny sound, especially now I've been ripped off paying for 3 tables didn't need to buy separately.

You were not ripped off. You made a poor buying decision. If you had questions about what to purchase, you could have sought that info out. Obviously you did have questions, but you're asking them after the fact. I get your frustration, but saying you were ripped off implies that everyone is getting ripped off, which simply isn't true.

My advice to you? Download images of your digital receipt from PSN that shows your TPA purchases, mainly the one showing you bought the 3 tables not described. Contact FarSight support, explain in a civil way what happened, and see if they can credit you toward the rest of season 1. I believe the email is support@farsight.com, and they're pretty good at getting back to people.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I looked through the season 1 description, and as those tables weren't listed I got them first.

So I've payed for them separately due to the poor description, I still can't get the season 1 discount because I own 2 pro versions of tables on PS3 (which, as described in earlier posts, makes the discount unavailable as you 'don't own those tables').

Thank you Sony. Thank you Farsight. As I said before, I think this issue with the discount is too complicated to resolve, I just wish Farsight had thought this through and discussed with Sony a lot more before they made any promises, as the intended goodwill just backfires.

Feel free to pounce on me, but I've spent well over £100 on this game on PS3 and android. I just can't justify paying full price again for the same tables with flashy lights, bugs and tinny sound, especially now I've been ripped off paying for 3 tables didn't need to buy separately.

Yeah, just contact Sony and they should refund you on the three tables. They description really needs fixing.
Anyway, I've done something similar before with DLC that wasn't clear and Sony refunded when I provided them with the order numbers.
Good luck.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah, just contact Sony and they should refund you on the three tables. They description really needs fixing.
Anyway, I've done something similar before with DLC that wasn't clear and Sony refunded when I provided them with the order numbers.
Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, I figured Sony wouldn't do this sort of thing with psn purchases, but now I'll contact them.

Thanks again.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Thanks for the tip, I figured Sony wouldn't do this sort of thing with psn purchases, but now I'll contact them.

Thanks again.

I'm pretty sure that if they see you've purchased the same thing twice then they will fund your purchase. What I don't understand though is how you could have done that. Once I bought the season pack it put the "purchased" icon on all the packs including the RBION pack.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
He bought the three tables first and then the season pack afterwards from the sounds of it. The store doesn't stop you from buying bundles unless you own all of the items that are included in it.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
You were not ripped off. You made a poor buying decision. If you had questions about what to purchase, you could have sought that info out. Obviously you did have questions, but you're asking them after the fact. I get your frustration, but saying you were ripped off implies that everyone is getting ripped off, which simply isn't true.

Just to clarify, and please don't read this as me beIng argumentative, but I did seek info, it was just incorrect. I saw the 'base pack' sold separately and thought those tables must be included in season 1, so I checked the product description for both products. The season 1 description lists all pre-season 2 tables except the 3 being sold separately and Tales. This, along with the fact that the official Pinball Arcade site lists the 'base tables' as not being part of season 1, confirmed to me that they had to be purchased separately. I had no questions when I purchased the tables as I trusted the info.

The reason I got this before buying the season pack is because I was waiting for the discount to be sorted.

Anyway, perhaps ripped off was a bit strong, so let's just say I made an unnecessary purchase through poor product description, whatever the quick phrase for that is!

Thanks anyway for the advice on resolving this, and again, I'm not being argumentative, just pointing out that the info is misleading.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If I were you I'd make screen shots before it gets fixed so that if Sony were to ask you could show them how the descriptions were incorrect. Good luck!

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Its a shame they don't automatically credit you for the normal table packs if you later upgrade to a season pack.

Then again, they can't even get the current discount to work properly so its probably asking a lot of the monkeys that are running the store.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
5 weeks have passed, still no fix for the EU store.

I know, its taken this long for someone on the blog to actually say they referred this issue upwards. It kinda sucks how they only really read the comments on page 1 of each post, the rest drop into oblivion and its taken this many weeks for a PA fan to get their comment on page one. Its already not very reassuring to hear "I have forwarded this on to get it looked at." as it makes it sound like they have been doing nothing for weeks as they didn't know it was still broken.

This would not surprised me as I tried to tell customer support but they insisted I call them. I informed them I am unable to call 0844 numbers and they responded with the same stock message that I need to call them. That kind of ignorant behaviour really gets my back up, especially coming from Xbox where its a freephone number to call customer support and they have ALWAYS been very helpful. At the very LEAST I would have cut them some slack if they had said "I'm sorry, unfortunately we cannot do call back as e-mail support are in a different office" or something like that, but just ignoring the fact I said I CAN'T call their CS number is insulting.

It seems Microsoft have the customer support but crappy corporate decisions and hardware, Sony have excellent hardware but garbage customer support. You just can't win. At least by law they are required to get rid of that 0844 number by April and turn it into one I can call with my mobile phone bundled minutes.

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Forgive me as I don't wish to reread this entire thread but:

What is the current upgrade/discount program for US PS3 owners? I've got every table on PS3 - regular not pro - so what kind of discount can I expect when I get the PS4 version later this week?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Forgive me as I don't wish to reread this entire thread but:

What is the current upgrade/discount program for US PS3 owners? I've got every table on PS3 - regular not pro - so what kind of discount can I expect when I get the PS4 version later this week?

$19.99 for the discounted season one Pro bundle. $14.99 for the discounted season one non pro bundle. You can get the pro bundle discount even if you don't have all our any pro tables on the PS3.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
I'm unable to purchase season 1 bundle (discount) cause it says I haven't got table pack 7 and twilight zone. I've have the pro versions of these packs. How do I get my discount cause I'm not paying £23.99

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Was able to buy the discounted season 1 pack for $15 on the Sony web site. Now if my PS4 would hurry up and arrive already...

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
I'm unable to purchase season 1 bundle (discount) cause it says I haven't got table pack 7 and twilight zone. I've have the pro versions of these packs. How do I get my discount cause I'm not paying £23.99

I would probably just buy it, and then show Sony what you have already purchased all the packs that allow you to get a discount. They should then refund you the difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts