PS4 pricing and discount thread

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
I couldn't wait any longer so just went ahead and bought season pack 1 for £23.99, will ring up Sony on Monday for my discount, watch this space haha....

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Actually I disagree with this general argument when it comes to this. Recreating real tables and the process that involves is not something the other guys have ever had to deal with. Furthermore, despite the fact we can still somewhat nitpick at FS's physics engine, it's still FAR superior to ZP's. That is evident immediately when you've been playing TPA a while and then you spend just a few moments with ZP. I'm not ragging on ZP; it was actually fun to play that free table on the PS4 recently and it was cool to test drive my brand new 3D TV with the 3D. It's not more benefit though, just different ones. I've played many of these TPA tables in real life, dating back to my childhood, so I'm obviously going to be biased toward Farsight's vision.

If you're just spending a few moments on Zen that's not the physics. I do just fine switching between both programs.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
Do let us know how it goes, personally I do not trust Sony to issue a refund for this as they do go on and on about "no refunds".

Ok so I rang Sony customer service today. The girl I spoke to was very helpful. She confirmed I had bought all the previous packs on ps3, so has now created a case which has been passed to another dept to investigate. Ive got a case reference number, so hopefully things should happen in the next few days

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Fingers crossed.

How long did it take on the phone? Part of my objection is that it could easily cost a couple of quid on the phone thanks to them enforcing an 0844 number.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
I've chosen another route. Emailed FS support and described the situation, I was missing only Bride + MM PRO pack to get the upgrade discount PRO pack due to the Sony bug. So FS has sent me a key to redeem this pack on PSN. After getting all the PRO packs I was able to purchase the Season 1 PRO pack with the discount for PS4.

Not the best option for all and I was "lucky" to only miss just one pack for the upgrade.

When Zen Studios had a bug with PSN unlock for just one table and I have contacted their support about it (about a year ago) they sent me a code that unlocked ALL of the tables for the game! It was really great customer support experience and FS should take a note about it.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
The really weird thing is that a $9.99 season one pro ugrade for PS4 is showing up in the PS3 store.. I've never seen anything like that before.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I've chosen another route. Emailed FS support and described the situation, I was missing only Bride + MM PRO pack to get the upgrade discount PRO pack due to the Sony bug. So FS has sent me a key to redeem this pack on PSN. After getting all the PRO packs I was able to purchase the Season 1 PRO pack with the discount for PS4.

Not the best option for all and I was "lucky" to only miss just one pack for the upgrade.

When Zen Studios had a bug with PSN unlock for just one table and I have contacted their support about it (about a year ago) they sent me a code that unlocked ALL of the tables for the game! It was really great customer support experience and FS should take a note about it.

Well, I am giving this a try. I'm not sure what they can do short of giving me ALL the pro packs though, as obviously as I have Star Trek Pro it won't let me buy the normal version of that table and I doubt you can redeem it either. Although I think being given the pro packs would be a fair apology for the time wasted checking the Playstation Store daily for nearly two months. :(

If I didn't already have money in my PSN account for this I probably wouldn't bother.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I had the option to buy the discounted pro season and I had only 3 pro modes. I figured Sony would probably screw it up so I played it safe and bough the regular pack. Hope you get things sorted out.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013

You are lucky dude, I have sent 2 emails to Farsight and still have no reply. I have now given up on my problem.
Love TPA but as you say, customer service sucks. Maybe it is because I live in Australia and too far away from them to care?

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
You are lucky dude, I have sent 2 emails to Farsight and still have no reply. I have now given up on my problem.
Love TPA but as you say, customer service sucks. Maybe it is because I live in Australia and too far away from them to care?

I don't think where you are is it or that they hate you. They have limited staff. They should make these forums their official forums and actually pay the expense of the site for Mr. Lacey and have him and PiNWIZ as PR people. That's what's missing. Zen has Barbie to field questions all the time and if it is something she doesn't know she finds out for the customer. I wouldn't give up. Keep trying until you get what it is you are seeking.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
If you're just spending a few moments on Zen that's not the physics. I do just fine switching between both programs.

Well, I played one game on the free table which lasted a good 10 minutes or so. That's enough to know. I didn't say it wasn't playable, I'm just saying the physics engine is superior in TPA and I don't think I need more than the 10 minutes to know it.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Got a response back from Farsight, they sent me a code to redeem the normal version of Star Trek. I redeemed it via the website (kinda surprised it didn't trigger a "you already own this" error) and was FINALLY able buy the discount pack.

There is something magical about clicking "download to PS4" on the PC and hearing the PS4 boot itself up a few seconds later to do it.

Yeah I know my phone does it too, but you expect that to be always on. Besides, the concept that something Sony did actually worked is quite the novelty. :p

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts