Round 2 Audio Interview: Post Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Bobby King from Farsight has graciously agreed to do a multi-round Audio interview, where we get to nominate and then vote on the questions for each session!

So now it's time to start posting your questions for Round 2.

ONLY RULE: Please limit yourself to posting 1 question per round, as this will make it more fair to everyone, and easier for me to select the questions.

This thread will be open for about a few days (or UNTIL we get too many questions, whichever comes first). Then I'll create a new thread with a poll for voting on which the questions will be asked. If your question doesn't get picked this time around, don't worry because this will be a reoccurring event, so you can always resubmit your question for the next round.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Will nudging on mobile be revisited at any time. On iOS shake nudging is all but useless ( tilts immediatly in landscape) and touch is backwards (an option to reverse would be most welcome)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
[OFFICIAL QUESTION] Sound issues on Android.

On Android and iOS, there is a definite pause when in-game music loops.

For example, on No Good Gophers, the bass and drum riff that plays as you enter your initials is really noticeable.

And on Twilight Zone, the shooter lane music loops quite prominently.

It's there a way the sound engine on Android could use gapless playback, or would it be possible to create the audio files without any pre or post padding to reduce the prominence of the loop?

I have also noticed a delay in sound effects being played from when a mechanical device is triggered in-game to when the sound plays through the speakers or headphones. We're talking a quarter of a second delay (I estimate) but on games like Central Park, the delay between pop bumpers being triggered to the sound playing is real noticeable and off-putting.

NOTE: Flipper SFX are not affected. Which may help narrow the issue down.

Issue observed on the Asus TF300T and iPad. Issue reported in the Android thread, but no formal response provided.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php?t=2675

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
It was mentioned that one of the things holding back patching some of the DLC tables on PlayStation 3 was the patch size increasing. Is there a difference financially in the amount FarSight would have to pay to Sony to release larger patches? And if the price is reasonably close would FarSight be willing to allow the fans a vote on whether or not to endure large patch downloads to get a vastly improved product.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
With the addition of table pack 12 the maximum number of gamecenter achievements was breached on IOS which means no achievements for Central Park and no achievements for any tables going forward. Are/were you aware of this and do you have any plans for the platform with regard to achievements? For example an in app trophy room etc?

night

May 18, 2012
Dear Bobby.
A year ago when TPA was released the first tables looked wonderfull on the mobiles, the transparant textures where good, table artwork was sharp all over, and the quality showed love and dedication done by a skillfull artteam. When we look at the tables from the last months thing have changed: the quality is all over the place, no consistency. Horrible transparant textures, low-res blurry table artwork and an overal look that can't even stand in the shadows of the first tables..
The first tables look like they where made for the mobiles, while now they are downgraded, stripped and rushed artwork from the console version..

My question is: Why is the graphics quality declining on the mobile platform?

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Are you going to give groni a job? Surely you're expanding to work on the next generation of consoles?
If Microsoft continue with their fees for updates, will you be continuing to support the next xbox console.
Personally, the more I hear, the less I want it.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
I'll ask my question again:

Will we ever be able to adjust physical table settings such as slope, tilt bob sensitivity, kickout strength, and outlane post position?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks Jeff, best of luck with the Round 2 interview!

My question would be... How do FarSight plan on improving the graphics for the PC version and for the next-gen systems?

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Share more insight about any possible Data East, Sega tables through Stern soon, and is it possible to do tables like Big Bang Bar and Pinball Magic through Capcom??

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Can we have difficulty adjustments on the tables (EBs Replay awards)? I can't simply play a five minute game without being handed a sack full of extra balls. I actually find myself playing Dr Dude or Central Park because I know those games won't last very long.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Could you ask why Harley Davidson was reproduced when there was better fruit to pick from?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Since you asked about a player adjustable camera angle I would like to ask: Can you FS eliminate the ZOOMING effect that seems to be problematic with an ON/OFF option in the menu LOCKING the camera from any changes including the plunger views LOCKED out?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
xbox situation at this time

The answer to this question is already known. It is in the hands of Crave's bankruptcy court to approve the new Xbox agreement. The court has told FarSight that they will act on this "soon". As FarSight has learned, this means nothing.

P

Peaches

With the recent UI update Challenge Mode has been airbrushed away. Is it a lost feature to be forgotten about?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Bobby,

There have been numerous posts/complaints regarding poor communication from Farsight via PMs, e-mails, Facebook, and posts on the TPA fan forum.

My question: Are you satisfied with the current level of communication from Farsight and, if not, what steps will you take to address it?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts