Round 2 Audio Interview: Post Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ Wanlund

Dec 29, 2012
Is it going to be allowable to transfer purchased DLC from one device platform to another? (i.e. from the Mac App Store version of TPA to the PC/Mac Steam version)

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Well, since I never submitted a question to this thread before it was closed or any of the other interview threads, I hope I won't be going too far if I submit more than one question. Feel free to use or don't use any of these. I'll submit them in order of my actual desire to see them answered, so if you only want to count the first one, disregard the others. (I'd really like to have them all answered, though.) :cool:

1. Any credence to the rumor that Williams has had input on which tables should make it to TPA? Are there any outside influences beyond community polls, such as the opinions of pros?

2. How are high score wizard goals determined? 3M on Genie is absurd. Any chance of ever changing this?

3. When will we get Black Knight 2000??? (Yeah, I know, asking about individual tables is kinda silly, but I REALLY want this one!)

Thanks for taking the time to do all this, Jeff.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
here's a fun non-TPA related question... if you could make/play a pinball machine what theme/licence would you like?

or something else pinball related but a personal question just for fun so the interview isn't all bizness...

Apr 8, 2012
When the PC version comes out will it be on par with the current (let's say PS3) version or the PS4 version (updated engine, physics, graphics enhancements, etc...). If the former, what will the upgrade path be (will it be seamless upgrades through Steam or a TPA2 re-download/purchase)? I'm assuming 3D support will be present in the PC version as well?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Where do you get the rulesheets for your tutorials? I've been to pinball.org and your tutorials seem even more in depth.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Bobby give us one surprise. Tell us something that is coming down the road that nobody other than the FS team even has a clue about.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Adding ball spin may address this but can you add some randomness to the kick outs, especially those that deliver the ball direct to the flippers. A good example is on TZ the ball from the slot machine every time hits the right flipper with the same angle and speed for an easy dead flipper pass to the left flipper and an easy catch. Even just varying the speed so that we cant always catch the ball would be an improvement.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
If this question has been asked before, I apologize. Is it possible in the future when you purchase and/or have pro mode, when you turn the family mode off you aren't locked out of achieving goals and entering tournaments? For example, I like the uncensored speech and collecting two more dead heads in Scared Stiff, and if you can't do it for tournament I wonder if you could adjust it so you aren't locked out from achieving goals. Thanks!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Adding ball spin may address this but can you add some randomness to the kick outs, especially those that deliver the ball direct to the flippers. A good example is on TZ the ball from the slot machine every time hits the right flipper with the same angle and speed for an easy dead flipper pass to the left flipper and an easy catch. Even just varying the speed so that we cant always catch the ball would be an improvement.

neilpinbot, do you want to phrase that as a question for Bobby?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Seems like a valid question to me: "Can you add some randomness to the kickouts, especially those that deliver the ball direct to the flippers?" He then goes on to give an example of where randomness would be welcome (in his opinion).

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Seems like a valid question to me: "Can you add some randomness to the kickouts, especially those that deliver the ball direct to the flippers?" He then goes on to give an example of where randomness would be welcome (in his opinion).

I've just watched 4 different Papa 2012 videos where their real life TZ machines kick the ball out perfectly, every time, just like Pinball Arcade.

My local Twilight Zone kicks out the ball perfectly, every time as well.

The only time randomness occurs is during multiball when it has multiple balls in the trough, and it kicks them out at random angles. Guess what: pinball arcade does this as well!

And those are PAPA games intentionally set up to be much harder than a typical Twilight Zone.

The kickout that I feel is unrealistic is the one on Medieval Madness. Try letting the ball dead flipper bounce on a castle kickout and you will be greated with an instant drain. Same with Attack from Mars. Those should be addressed, but I say leave TZ and Funhouse alone since those are typical of how a real machine plays. I also think that's an intentional part of Lawlers design.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've just watched 4 different Papa 2012 videos where their real life TZ machines kick the ball out perfectly, every time, just like Pinball Arcade.

My local Twilight Zone kicks out the ball perfectly, every time as well.

The only time randomness occurs is during multiball when it has multiple balls in the trough, and it kicks them out at random angles. Guess what: pinball arcade does this as well!

And those are PAPA games intentionally set up to be much harder than a typical Twilight Zone.
Pinburgh's TZ was set fairly close to factory settings, and the TZ local to me, while better behaved than it used to be, can still be quite random. But if you want to discuss this further, PM me, and let's leave this thread focused on questions for Bobby. I was just pointing out that there was in fact a question in neilpinbot's post; I wasn't planning on going into the merits of his question.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
neilpinbot, do you want to phrase that as a question for Bobby?
It was intended as a question. I have not had much chance to play real pinball much now days and don't recall kick outs being so identical every time. But if other members have seen this on well maintained machines then it may not be a valid question.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

We asked Bobby this once before:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2696-Round-5-Q-amp-A-With-Bobby-King-Answers

Hopefully it's something they continue to improve.

karl

May 10, 2012
I know pro mode is all about getting all the rom options from a real machine but is adding other stuff something you would consider?
Like a few extra wizard goals to make the purchase of pro mode even sweeter. (Pro goals perhaps?)

karl

May 10, 2012
There is a lot of examples of graphical problems on android and ios, like wrong facial colors and blurriness. I am sure there is a reason for this but is it possible to explain a little bit about this issue?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
When the PC version comes out will it be on par with the current (let's say PS3) version or the PS4 version (updated engine, physics, graphics enhancements, etc...). If the former, what will the upgrade path be (will it be seamless upgrades through Steam or a TPA2 re-download/purchase)? I'm assuming 3D support will be present in the PC version as well?

Seconded, as this relates to my previous question regarding graphic enhancements on the PC.

During the last audio interview, Bobby mentioned that the PS4 version of TPA will feature rendering tech for per-pixel ray casting, area lights/shadows, point lights, screen space ambient occlusion.

Will the initial release of the PC version feature the same rendering tech? Will poly-counts be increased?

When might we see some media (screens or video) from the PC version?

Thanks Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts