Round 3 Audio Interview: Post Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belgarion

Apr 17, 2013
Can you tell us which tables are impossible, or near impossible, to have in TPA and license ?
Thanks!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Can you tell us which tables are impossible, or near impossible, to have in TPA and license ?
Thanks!

I think these have already been answered in other interviews. Kiss, AC/DC or other song-centric tables (with the exception of Elvis if they replaced the original Elvis recordings with a sound-alike) are all impossible because the song fees would be huge. More than the licensing of other premium tables. Star Wars because of the new relationship with Disney and their license with Zen. Disney is unlikely to license a Star Wars table that would compete directly with Zen's Star Wars tables. Addams Family because the license holder won't discuss licensing with FarSight. I think everything else is within the possible besides having to come up with funding for the big premium licensing.

karl

May 10, 2012
Well, the real Elvis Machine only has a sound alike, so no problem there and the Tommy machine is based on the movie= no original The Who recordings so both of them should be possible. AC DC, Guns and Roses and Metallica on the other hand will be the most difficult to get considering all the original songs.

I also got the impression that Disney is not an easy company to work with either but I could be wrong on that one.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
If the current KickStarter fails will you reconsider using this method to fund future high license tables?
Will the PC version support multi display and full screen portrait modes straight out of the gate?
Will you consider adding Oculus Rift support in the future?

Last edited:

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Question:

Is there any information on the 3DS version? It has been a while since we heard anything about that platform.

Did FS give up on trying to run the ROM emulation on the 3DS or is there still hope that the emulated tables could come in the future?

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
How has the unofficial polls (the EM, Williams, and the current Bally [at the time of this question asked]) affecting or will affect your future endeavors for seasons three and beyond? Any in particular you are clearly interested?

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Well, the real Elvis Machine only has a sound alike, so no problem there and the Tommy machine is based on the movie= no original The Who recordings so both of them should be possible. AC DC, Guns and Roses and Metallica on the other hand will be the most difficult to get considering all the original songs.

I also got the impression that Disney is not an easy company to work with either but I could be wrong on that one.

Tommy is based on the musical adaptation on Broadway..

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Feature suggestion (PS3 specific):

1. Using credits earned from tables for bonus stuff (IE: 5 credits unlocks the ability to view a high resolution photo of the real machine, or a song from the table you are playing.
I feel this would make waiting for those number matches at the end of games much more enjoyable. In real life a free game is a wonderful feeling, but when all you have to do in the video version
is press Start this makes is a rather dull experience.

This idea was also discussed here many months ago and had some favorable reactions.

2. The ability to listen to your own music (via the XMB) while playing The Pinball Arcade. Also discussed quite a lot. I brought this up on the old WPHOF Facebook page years ago and they said they
would definitely consider it.

3. I'm also for the day/night lighting on/off, slider, whatever fashion it could be implemented.

Question addendum:
If Sony won't allow you to fix older table DLC, wouldn't it be possible to release a 2.0 version of TPA to address all of these issues as well as making them easier to
address and fix these issues as they arise?

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Find out how they are going to price tables in 2014. Will they still do two packs or will they start doing singles? Think this was mentioned already but we are getting very close to being done with rereleases.

Spoon man: that's an issue with xmb. It had been discussed to death years ago, Sony never added that Feature. You may as well ask for cross game chat. Custom soundtracks are done on 360 since day 1 in all games, and recently added to the mobile version. But ps3 ship has sailed many moons ago.

Last edited:

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Find out how they are going to price tables in 2014. Will they still do two packs or will they start doing singles? Think this was mentioned already but we are getting very close to being done with rereleases.

Spoon man: that's an issue with xmb. It had been discussed to death years ago, Sony never added that Feature. You may as well ask for cross game chat. Custom soundtracks are done on 360 since day 1 in all games, and recently added to the mobile version. But ps3 ship has sailed many moons ago.

you are wrong.

playing music from the xmb has been possible for a while now.. there are games that allow it and use it. The difference is that on the 360 it's part of the operating system, while it needs to be coded into the game for psn.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

It's been discussed, but incorrect information is almost always spread.

To set the record straight, this feature (Playing music from the XMB) has been available for years and is available on hundreds of PS3/PSN games.
It just has to be set as an option in-game. It's part of every Sony library and can be easily added to any game.

There are a few lists of games that support this option:
Here's one http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/134214-games-custom-soundtrack-support.html
Here's another: http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1134446

Both are pretty outdated and don't list every game. Most games such as this (pinball, puzzle, brick breaker) DO have this and it's a very useful option.

Then you have games that you would never think should have it, that do, TellTaleGame's Back to the Future (all episodes) & The Walking Dead (all episodes) for example.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Sorry! I'm very sorry I have been misinformed on this issue. That rarely happens thank you guys for the corrections.

Well right on then let's get this feature.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Sorry! I'm very sorry I have been misinformed on this issue. That rarely happens thank you guys for the corrections.

Well right on then let's get this feature.

Yes, let's get this implemented asap!

Mark, it takes a real man to admit he made a mistake, but slightly less of a real man to say that he rarely makes mistakes in the first place. ;) Joking of course.. I hope that comes off as funny and not rude.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
If Sony won't allow you to fix older table DLC, wouldn't it be possible to release a 2.0 version of TPA to address all of these issues as well as making them easier to address and fix these issues as they arise?

+1

I'm depressed every time I play TPA on PS3, run into a table bug, and realize that it's unlikely to EVER get fixed. To the point where I'm holding out on buying the latest pack with Centaur and whatever, when Centaur is my favorite table in the world.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I think a fun ice breaker type question would be to ask either about the first pinball he played or his best pinball memory...

night

May 18, 2012
Are there any future plans on graphics and physics adjustment settings in TPA comparable to (iOS) Zaccaria pinball?

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I think a fun ice breaker type question would be to ask either about the first pinball he played or his best pinball memory...

Along the same lines, another fun question might be to ask how much time they get to play all of the machines that they have at the office and if they do in-house tournaments, etc. Plus which Farsight employees are the top players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts