Round 4: Post Your Questions for Bobby King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Will there ever be a use for credits? Are they currently totalled in the game save file?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Hello Mr. King , my question is what is the nature of the posters of Uncle Sam and more specifically the "coming Soon" window seen in the various versions of the game ?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Will there be any original 'fantasy' tables developed? I think it would be really cool if FarSight took their knowledge and skill and created an original game - maybe something that could be 'won' as a prize?

That question has already been answered. The answer was that they would love to do an original table. I think the implication was that they still have a lot of real tables that they want to do first.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Have you fixed the glitch in Funhouse, where you can juggle balls for unlimited points?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Can we expect a day night and lighting upgrade on mobile devices this year, or is the current gen kaput?(pp on ios is nice but extremely buggy)

Oh question! You ots a sister? Too much ...el delete

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
What glitch is this? This is the first I've heard of it.

I posted a video on Facebook two years ago or something. Basically, it ruins the whole gameplay when you know it so please no hard feelings afterwards.

This works best with 2 balls:

1. Try to cradle one ball on each flipper.
2. Shoot left ball into hallway, then into trap door. Rudy screams, millions scored.
3. Right before the trap door ball is kicked out, you shoot the cradled ball into the left ramp, hold the flipper and here comes the glitch: the kicked out ball always lands safely into the right flipper.
4. When the ramp ball rolls into left lane, you nudge the table a couple of times and cradle it, too.

The first hour of this sequence is fun, after that you realize you'll never play Funhouse again.
With a bit of practice it works perfectly in PHOF, don't know about TPA. I asked them to consider adjusting the kickout strength/angle, so the ball jumps away from the flipper. Or maybe randomize it.

Last edited:

Gordon

May 28, 2012
Hi, buy you more real tables for scan playfield, plastics ..... and release to TPA?

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Question for Bobby:
Would you guys consider releasing a benchmark test of TPA for the PC? It could be a downloadable standalone app that simply lets you watch a game being played in demo mode, and allows you to test out different advanced graphics settings. It would be a great test tool for those of us thinking about possibly updated their graphics cards in time for the PC TPA release.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Dan the ball spits to the left flipper sometimes watch out! Thats not a glitch either thats called BALL CONTROL.
back to the questions....Hey where did you go now?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
When is the "sound overhaul" coming, and what are the details of it? For instance, new samples of mechanical sounds? Monster Bash sounds very clear on 360, are the other ROMs able to achieve this quality and is this what the overhaul is going to be?

Thanks,
George

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Do you mean like being able to buy upgrades or alternative pieces for mods to the tables?

Id hate that i bought pinball of ages and treat it as a video game(fine videogame)....to me tpa is the best alternative to a costly real table or even a vpin. In case you dont know the inapp which i bought on sale has what you mention and its great for abit of fun but its not real pin, tho the mummy and alien are pretty much nifty as your nuts.

Any and all non standratd playfeilds aside from offical pro tables should be non and void for leaderboards yet that kinda **** annoys my tits tpa is a true simulation or getting their for naysayers .....i even think op acess for tng and twz should be non and void...at least score wise...adding other silly elements to and already good game is just not needed

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Are you considering adding some randomness or variation to certain events? Right now, balls ejected from sink holes and saucers go to the exact same place every time. Same with certain other shots, particularly the left loop on BOP, which allows for virtually unlimited balls by continuously backhanding the ball into the loop, where it is conveniently returned to the flipper, ready to repeat. While the ball can be backhanded into the loop on a real table, it doesn't always return to the same place, so it's not as easy to exploit. Adding just a tiny bit of variation will prevent many cheap exploits (at least the ones that won't also work on real tables) and make games more interesting.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Id hate that i bought pinball of ages and treat it as a video game(fine videogame)....to me tpa is the best alternative to a costly real table or even a vpin. In case you dont know the inapp which i bought on sale has what you mention and its great for abit of fun but its not real pin, tho the mummy and alien are pretty much nifty as your nuts.

Any and all non standratd playfeilds aside from offical pro tables should be non and void for leaderboards yet that kinda **** annoys my tits tpa is a true simulation or getting their for naysayers .....i even think op acess for tng and twz should be non and void...at least score wise...adding other silly elements to and already good game is just not needed
?????????

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I thought iwas on topic dude but only read that line maybe i was mad? Or did i just do alot of gibberish sorry if i did man...its an ios title by ask homework...it has various flippers etc it breaks the pinball but a fun game

Edit - uhhh welli guess this is a bobby question thread but i had a rant sorry guys

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I thought iwas on topic dude but only read that line maybe i was mad? Or did i just do alot of gibberish sorry if i did man...its an ios title by ask homework...it has various flippers etc it breaks the pinball but a fun game
Don't worry about it, I just had a hard time figuring out what you were saying. Lots of strange word choices, and odd structure.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Dan the ball spits to the left flipper sometimes watch out! Thats not a glitch either thats called BALL CONTROL.
back to the questions....Hey where did you go now?

I haven't tried Funhouse in TPA because I live in Europe. If you say so, then the glitch has been fixed. Try this in PHOF, though.

1976mrk

Sep 7, 2012
Not an exact question, but I would be interested in just a status/update on the PS Vita version of TPA. I've been posting in the Vita section for the last day about my concern for the various bugs reported, as I will be a potential buyer of the Vita TPA in the very near future. Just some acknowledgement that Farsight is working to address the issues is all I'm looking for.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.