Run you clever boy!(doctor who series 7)

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
There are about 250 stories consisting of 4 to 20 episodes each story in the "classic" era. The original series was a cliff hanger style that had a portion of the entire story. You would have to wait a week to see the resolution. The reboot is usually one story, but sometimes has a story arc. I haven't purchased all of Series 7 yet.

My copies are of varying quality depending on the era and source. Some my "classic" era are pristine and others are just about watchable (LOL).

All of my copies from the reboot era were purchased from Amazon and are broadcast HD quality.

All together they occupy almost 1 TB of space.

I have an idea I am going to talk to Heretic about.

Timelord ...

Last edited:
N

netizen

I am not a fan of Matt Smith as The Doctor. For whatever reason his version and the way the show has gone is, IDK, just too scooby doo. It all reminds me of the BBC kids aspect of the DR Whoverse. Things like "K9 and Company" and "The Sarah Jane Adventures" etc.

While Who always had some childishness to the show there was an underlying darkness that made it appealing. I watched the first season or 2 after Smith took over, and catch episodes every now and again, but there's just something that is wrong, imo.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
In my opinion, Dr Who peaked in the mid to late 70’s. Tom Baker gave the role humour, thanks in no small part to Douglas Adams as script editor, gravitas thanks to Bakers unique vocal presentation, and a little sex appeal courtesy of the delicious Lizzy Sladen.

For my money, and as an excellent sample I'd site Pyramids of Mars as a standout for that era...

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Tom Baker and Sara Jane Smith (Elizabeth Sladen) were quite the team weren't they?

I loved the era where she wore the "Andy Panda" outfits...

Timelord ...

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I did like the cliffhanger endings. But, the new series is nice too in its own right. I like the season long story arcs.

1TB! Wow. My computer has a TB of space and is just about full, and it's a whole slew of different things.

Matt Smith took awhile to grow one me, because I really liked the Tennant interpretation of The Doctor, but he isn't so bad to me now.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Tom Baker and Sara Jane Smith (Elizabeth Sladen) were quite the team weren't they?

I loved the era where she wore the "Andy Panda" outfits...

Timelord ...

'The Hand of Fear' outfit Timelord. Poor Lizzie. So unflattering. Shame she didn't get to wear costumes more like her predecessor. Especially for those OTHER dalek shots, if you know what I mean.....

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I love Doctor Who, just not the new ones so much. I grew up in the 80's with mostly Tom Baker & John Pertwee reruns, and I got the impression they were genuinely eccentric/cranky guys, but in the new episodes the Doctor's seem to be trying too hard to be a bit weird and failing (in my opinion).

They also seem to be trying to put some "Lost" style mysteries in the episodes (bad wolf, there's something on your back) and by the time the mystery is revealed I couldn't give a crap.

I really thought Stephen Moffat was going to be awesome after "Blink" & "Silence in the library", but nothing in Who has actually impressed me much since it started again in 2005.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Couldn't agree with you more. The new run started with promise, the 'dalek' episode especially so. Good writing, good ideas building on the lore established before.

I guess it's okay for the youngsters but I do miss the classic approach.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Tonights episode seemed like a predicatble stinker then shot of in all theright directions,

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
The 2005 incarnation is the only version on Netflix. So that is where I shall begin.
Not true. Netflix has a hodgepodge of classic Who available. Some is available for streaming (search for Classic Doctor Who) and some is available only for DVD plans. Even with both streaming and DVD, you won't be able to see it all. Some of it is lost forever and some is audio only (on a DVD—that does seem odd.)

Here is a link to a helpful guide. It will assist you if you are trying to navigate Netflix Doctor Who offerings in order.

http://www.nathaniajohnson.com/guide-to-watching-doctor-who-in-order-on-netflix

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I watch the new series live if I can, but always buy them afterwards from Amazon. They're pretty good about keeping up with the Season as it progresses. Just now am finishing up the replacement of my old VHS to computer dubs with DVD versions on classic series.

Timelord ...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.