Safecracker Tokens?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Oh man, getting all 26 tokens is going to take a while o_O. The randomness makes it kind of crazy really. I'm only at 18 so far, but am getting loads of duplicates already. I can see the last couple of tokens requiring a hundred attempts. It's all down to lady luck, which might make this the hardest wizard goal so far.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
There tend to be lots of the tokens on eBay. My guess is that they minted a significantly higher number than what anyone ever could have used. Probably anticipated people keeping them and operators needing replenishment but the production run of the table ended up far lower than probably foreseen.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
There tend to be lots of the tokens on eBay. My guess is that they minted a significantly higher number than what anyone ever could have used. Probably anticipated people keeping them and operators needing replenishment but the production run of the table ended up far lower than probably foreseen.
Were they like standard arcade tokens, or a special size?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I got a few half dollars from my dad as a kid to pay for school lunch. Those things were huge and did not fit my piggy bank. :rolleyes:

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Those probably are reissues.

Were they like standard arcade tokens, or a special size?
They come in two sizes, International (1.190 in.) and US Domestic (1.175 in.) The half dollar is slightly larger than an International Safe Cracker token but can be used as a replacement.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
From the screenshots everyone is showing here, I don't see anyone that has won the token at the top, right? I'm at 24/26 now and I'm also missing that one (I also miss the rightmost token on row 2/5). I wonder if there is something specific about that top token, or that you can only get it last or something?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
[MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION] do you have any info about the top silver token? I searched around a bit to find out how rare it is, but it seems to be rare only in the way that it's the only silver token out of 20/26 depending on the collection. If that was right it should be the same chance to get that token as any other. It's discouraging if noone has won it yet. Did Farsight forget to put it in? ;) I have won about 100 tokens in total and am stuck at 25/26 for the last 40 tokens or so.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
In the real game, there was only one silver token provided in the Token Replenishment Set from WMS.

The token hopper tubes (there are two) hold 200 tokens IIRC.

A 2 in 400 chance per machine.

Keep playing...

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm curious to find out the cause of the discrepancy between this number of 20 tokens, versus the number of 26 in the TPA version... EDIT: looks like the TPA version has six more silver tokens, all versions of the brass ones.

They appear as silver in the TPA interface, but they are actually referred to as "antiqued" tokens. Rather than being a gold plated token, they are tarnished copper in color.

I bugged the bottom row as duplicates along with [MENTION=2090]Mad07[/MENTION] during the beta and learned of the antiqued tokens.

Here is what the regular tokens should look like close up, in natural sunlight.

https://goo.gl/photos/VyX5S2B5U66yy3tu9

My collection is not a full set. And they need a good tumbler polish. 😉
Sparkles!

$(KGrHqNHJDkFBjY4PYeJBQo-MsS2Wg~~60_57.JPG

image-19.jpg

I'm curious to find out the cause of the discrepancy between this number of 20 tokens, versus the number of 26 in the TPA version... EDIT: looks like the TPA version has six more silver tokens, all versions of the brass ones.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
This game sucks. What a disappointment. No wonder they only made 1000 of these. What a dud.
Wow, really? The board game is awesome and I've already earned (and spent) two tokens during two play sessions. Assault on the Vault is a neat multiball mayhem mode but I imagine it could get old if they didn't make it a special reward.

May I ask what you don't like about this game? Wizard goals? board game mechanic? Tokens?:confused:

In the real game, there was only one silver token provided in the Token Replenishment Set from WMS.

The token hopper tubes (there are two) hold 200 tokens IIRC.

A 2 in 400 chance per machine.

Keep playing...

This brings up another question: does the system log the tokens that remain in the machine? If so, playing 200 or 400 games would guarantee a complete set, although spending them would dilute the pool of remaining tokens by adding won tokens back into the machine. Is it pure random, like picking a card out of a new deck every time (1/52 odds) or seudo-random, like pulling cards from the remaining deck?

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
This brings up another question: does the system log the tokens that remain in the machine? If so, playing 200 or 400 games would guarantee a complete set, although spending them would dilute the pool of remaining tokens by adding won tokens back into the machine. Is it pure random, like picking a card out of a new deck every time (1/52 odds) or seudo-random, like pulling cards from the remaining deck?

Considering how TPA tables reset everytime you leave, the odds are probably 2/400 everytime you relaunch the table.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
0.5% chance :( ok... I would feel a lot better about that if we had confirmation that someone actually has won it. Even at those odds there should be a few won already, otherwise the table reset might mess up the randomness.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
0.5% chance :( ok... I would feel a lot better about that if we had confirmation that someone actually has won it. Even at those odds there should be a few won already, otherwise the table reset might mess up the randomness.

Someone in the Google Beta Testing group has all 26. Posted proof as well. Had over 100 tokens (and who knows how many spent in AotV). Someone else has 130+ total and 25/26 uniques.

Keep on truckin'.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.