Safecracker Tokens?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I haven't heard this mentioned yet (if so, sorry...I couldn't find it) but the Magic Credits and those in your actual Magic Token Collection (26 tokens) are not being synced between different devices, despite them all being on the same Farsight/TPA account. I play on my iPad mini 2 mostly and all scores, Hall of Fame scores, Wizard Goals etc are happily synced to my FS account & to my iPad Air 2 & iPhone 5s (all on the same FS account). The Magic Credits & Magic Token Collection are device specific as far as I can tell.

If the Magic Credits & Token Collections are not being synced between devices on the same FS account, how it this going to affect the Wizard Goals on Safe Cracker since one of the Wizard Goals is based on collecting all 26 Magic Tokens? Everything else is being synced.

Or maybe this is an iOS issue?
I had no idea game save data was synced between devices/versions. As far as I know, save data is only saved locally? High scores are global though...

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
I play on my iPad mini 2 mostly and all scores, Hall of Fame scores, Wizard Goals etc are happily synced to my FS account & to my iPad Air 2 & iPhone 5s (all on the same FS account). The Magic Credits & Magic Token Collection are device specific as far as I can tell.
You're breaking the EULA, it's not allowed to run TPA on multiple devices.

Last edited:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Sure, if you buy the game for each device.
http://pinballarcade.com/EULA/

No, I'm pretty sure that isn't correct. If you are an individual acting in your personal (non-commercial) capacity, you may download and sync any App Store Product to any iOS device you own or control. You are also allowed to let friends and family use it, as long as the app is used serially. If multiple devices want to use the same app in parallell, you are required to buy additional licenses. This should be applicable for home use for all apps on your iTunes account, and is described in the Apple iTunes EULA.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
You're breaking the EULA, it's not allowed to run TPA on multiple devices.
If I'm breaking the EULA, then Apple is also breaking the EULA...

Any app purchased through the Apple App Store can be run on any compatible iOS device you have, including multiple devices as long as the same Apple ID is used on those devices for purchases. This applies to purchased music as well. The devices on your Apple ID are known as "associated devices". This has been the case for many years now. To prevent the unauthorized "sharing" of an Apple ID and apps/music, once you register/associate a device to an Apple ID (speaking strictly about App Store/iTunes), that device cannot be associated with another Apple ID for 90 days.The device limit is 10 devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204074

In fact, in the case of TPA (or any apps or music for that matter), if the multiple devices are used under the same Apple ID for purchases, you cannot re-purchase the app(s) even if you wanted to for use on another device as you've already purchased it under that Apple ID.

Your purchased TPA tables also follow the same rules...any table you purchase using the same Apple ID can be used on any other device running TPA under that same Apple ID.

Apple even provides for Automatic Downloads which will automatically download your purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch...the key, (once again) is that the devices must be on the same Apple ID.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202180

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I had no idea game save data was synced between devices/versions. As far as I know, save data is only saved locally? High scores are global though...
If you are signed in to your Farsight account on multiple devices, the high scores, Wizard Goals, etc are synced to that Farsight account. As long as your devices use that same Farsight account, they will have the same data. That same save data is also stored locally on the device as well but to sync the data between multiple devices, you need to be logged in to your Farsight account.

The question that's being raised now is that the Safe Cracker Magic Credits & Token Collections for some reason are not being synced between devices. This means that *theoretically*, if you complete the "Collect all 26 Magic Tokens" Wizard Goal on one device, that Wizard Goal will not sync to your other devices because you have not collected all of the Magic Tokens on the other devices. This is only speculation as of now...it could be that the "Collect all 26 Magic Tokens" Wizard Goal *only* is being synced while the Magic Credits & Token Collections are not being synced which doesn't make much sense...why sync the goal only but not the Magic Credit collection that's required to obtain the goal?

Last edited:

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
If I'm breaking the EULA, then Apple is also breaking the EULA...
Apple can't break the EULA because they are not an end user...

I know that thát part of TPA's EULA doesn't make sense, but still it's in there and everyone playing the game agrees with it.

If you have to take that part (3b) of the EULA strictly, as you should from a legal point, then you're also not allowed to run the game on an iPad and PC at the same time.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
blah blah blah... I steal music, roll thru red lights and exceed the speed limit. Let's move on.

18 unique out of 26 collected so far... The duplicate ratio is slowly gaining.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm at 15... took me long enough to go from 13 to 14 though, it was painful. I won 7 or 8 tokens and it didn't give me a new one.

I hate this game.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I don't like the randomness of the board game. I find it pretty impossible to stop the dial/counter with any degree of accuracy. I don't think much skill is involved...at least none that I've found.

It's possible to cheat using pausing, in theory, but it still requires practice and patience. [MENTION=3745]vikingerik[/MENTION] outlined the method in another thread.

HS2 will be out next weekend ....

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I'm at 15... took me long enough to go from 13 to 14 though, it was painful. I won 7 or 8 tokens and it didn't give me a new one.

I hate this game.
That's because you're playing it to unlock the wizard goals instead of playing to have fun. Who cares if it's one you already have? A token! I'll spend it playing Assault on the Vault! :cool:

Could be a lot worse. At least you don't have to spend $$$ for extra tokens like *cough* Ghostbusters *cough* :mad:

Flipperkoning

May 26, 2015
this one sucks pretty bad, ****ty board game with non random dies dispensing tokens at random having to play **** knows how many hours to get the 26th coin to get the achievement
if there is one table responsible for decline in popularity of pinball it is this POS table
even worse, failsight brought it to the pinball arcade

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
this one sucks pretty bad, ****ty board game with non random dies dispensing tokens at random having to play **** knows how many hours to get the 26th coin to get the achievement
if there is one table responsible for decline in popularity of pinball it is this POS table
even worse, failsight brought it to the pinball arcade
Respectfully disagree. Who gives a crap about the 26th token? Think of the safecracker tokens as a bonus. This table is hella fun to play... ;)

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I understand it's something which is very annoying for a completionist to depend on random chances. Although there are other tables in TPA where random chances are part of the way to get achievements, in Safe Cracker it's like you know you have to play so many games before even getting the chance for this achievement. With other tables you can clear all standard goals in the first and all wizard goals in the second game you ever played. While this could be achieved in Safe Cracker theoretically as well, we might not want to go down this route...

Besides that: These days I'm trying to focus less on the wizard goals, as I found I have more fun playing the tables just for fun and high scores.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
How did anyone get all of these? Is it normal to have collected 60+ tokens and only have 11 unique ones?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.