Bug Save Data bug

DocSamson

May 6, 2015
Sale is finally live for X1 and 360, though it appears to only be seasons 1 and 2. I have to assume it's still broken anyway. What a waste.

Larvi

Apr 23, 2013
So how does one go about getting their old cloud save data back when this happens or does it get overwritten with the blank save data when you quit out again? Just picked this up as part of the sale and pretty miffed I lost all of my high scores/goals. It's like the old days before nvram for the high scores where some sore loser would unplug the machine after you just beat his score. :(

I can understand sometimes you might run into an issue accessing the cloud data but there needs to be some sort of confirmation before the game goes ahead and starts playing with a blank save, that is basic error handling.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
So how does one go about getting their old cloud save data back when this happens or does it get overwritten with the blank save data when you quit out again? Just picked this up as part of the sale and pretty miffed I lost all of my high scores/goals. It's like the old days before nvram for the high scores where some sore loser would unplug the machine after you just beat his score. :(

I can understand sometimes you might run into an issue accessing the cloud data but there needs to be some sort of confirmation before the game goes ahead and starts playing with a blank save, that is basic error handling.

Were working with Microsoft regarding the issue. The data is saving but whenever the game is restarted, it's loading a default save. It's a communication error with the cloud storage server which is why sometimes people will be able to load the game with there save data.

Larvi

Apr 23, 2013
Were working with Microsoft regarding the issue. The data is saving but whenever the game is restarted, it's loading a default save. It's a communication error with the cloud storage server which is why sometimes people will be able to load the game with there save data.

Thanks for the reply, so my good save data is still out the cloud somewhere it's just not getting associated with my profile under certain circumstances? If I keep restarting the game will it eventually work or am I pretty much out of luck now until a fix is released? Thanks.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for the reply, so my good save data is still out the cloud somewhere it's just not getting associated with my profile under certain circumstances? If I keep restarting the game will it eventually work or am I pretty much out of luck now until a fix is released? Thanks.

From my understanding that is whats happening.

wreckdiver

Sep 12, 2015
I hope this thread is still active? My high score data saves okay but I am stuck at 94% for season 2 top 5 achievement. I replayed all of the tables and still the same. I checked and rechecked them all and all the tables are in the top 5 and still stuck on 945% If I could reset the that achievement back to 0 I would try again but now.

Everything else seems okay and I have about 50 pins.

user34586

Oct 7, 2015
I spent over $100 on this game (more than any other game) for the Xbox One and was loving it. Then early summer the only feature that matters in an arcade
game broke (high scores). It has been at least three months since then, and there have been updates since then. The updates fixed the store and added more
paid content. So I guess the most important thing is that the makers get more money rather than fixing the game? This "workaround" that is being talked
about on this thread does not work for me, and even if it did it is unacceptable for me to have to restart the game multiple times and hope that it finally
works briefly. I am very frustrated with this game not being fixed and I have contacted support multiple times and they told me they are aware of the
problem and were working on it. That was months ago. In this thread Microsoft and the cloud save is blamed for the problems but every other game on Xbox
One has a working save feature so what's the problem? Love this game but the "support" reminds me of Paytday 2 on Xbox One, and I will never give those
makers another dime. When will I be able to play the game that I paid over $100 for?

Silvergunner

Jul 23, 2013
Hello user34586

I´m fully agreed with you,the saving issues are a bad thing. On other hand,since the last update online leaderboards works well and you can mess up with peoples around the world.All your highscores you made are correctly saved in the leaderboards.
I´m pretty sure Farsight will fix all important issues near future,but I don`t believe this will be happen in 2015

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Hello user34586

I´m fully agreed with you,the saving issues are a bad thing. On other hand,since the last update online leaderboards works well and you can mess up with peoples around the world.All your highscores you made are correctly saved in the leaderboards.
I´m pretty sure Farsight will fix all important issues near future,but I don`t believe this will be happen in 2015
Hopefully with the next patch. In 4-6 months... :(

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
I'd love to get all the tables for this but unbelievably the game is still broken, I'm feeling the money I spent is wasted so far which shouldn't be the case

wreckdiver

Sep 12, 2015
I guess I spoke too soon on my other thread. My season challenge progress disappeared. It had been saving and now I just went back to play and the season one challenge says "in progress" but when I go to the season challenge table window the ones I completed are gone and the first pin "tales" says it's next up. I have tried all suggested workarounds....

Very strange as it had been working and all other settings are good IE table goals and brightness..just lost the challenge tables played.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Badger mentioned something in last week's stream about a possible patch for the Xbox One game this week, fingers crossed it arrives, and sorts the save bug debacle out.

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Last 3 days off playing TPA, shutting down and back on again after each session, I've noticed all my goals, high scores etc have saved. It's only the saves from the past 3 days have returned. Anyone else tried it.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Yup, booted it up earlier, noticed that there wasn't the usual introduction splash page about Pinball Arcade, and that some goals were there for The Addams Family, so I've since set about reskinning all the balls again. Here's hoping it's permanently fixed this time.

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
Looks like it's fixed, am so happy have literally been waiting half a year to play this properly on the Xbox One!

wreckdiver

Sep 12, 2015
Nothing has changed for me as far as TPA known save bugs. But I did lose some individual table goals I had just completed. Only a few but they were the ones done recently on the same day. I also had to reset my controller, turn vibration off and reset the brightness level. I didn't lose any scores and completion of season 2 high scores is still stuck at 94%

I replayed the lost table goals and playing through season 2 again to see if I missed any but this will be the 4th time. Xbox 1 however had a very nice update as did the xbox app on windows 10. It was a small glitch but still a glitch....more as I know more.

wreckdiver

Sep 12, 2015
interesting update...pin bot table goals were all deleted that I had just completed the other day. All my local high scores remained and season 2 high scores has been at 94% for some time with all season 2 pins recording a local high score. I recorded 1.2mil some time ago and it was #2 on pin bot high scores. Playing yesterday to get table goals back I had a score of 767k and when the round ended the season 2 high score achievement popped :) and when I checked it was #4 on the local high scores below my 2nd place entry of 1.2mil. Playing season 2 a lot trying to find the glitch I have a lot of pins with 2 or more local highs recorded.

IMHO when goals and high scores are reached sometimes they don't register and when xbox is turned off they disappear. Is it an xbox glitch or a game glitch itself? I think it's xbox because my problems seemed to coincide with the xbox update. If it was game related you would think it would happen all the time. It seems okay now and if I find more will post. Maybe this xbox update will solve the problems, time will tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.