Season 3 pack removed from all platforms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I think its to early to speculate how this will affect Season 4 as that assumes FS won't continue its poor decision making and be around to release it.

As it relates to purchasing consistency, XBox 360 tables are unavailable to purchase, Season 3 on PS3 is unavailable to purchase and Season 2 & 3 on PS4 is unavailable to purchase. The only thing consistent with FS is their inconsistencies.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Well...
let's hope they will figure something out for season 4 then!!!

I'm sure glad I bought season 3 pass already!

but if the only option for future season is to buy every table individually they have to reconsider the price big time!!!

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Folks, I know you're all mad but look what FS have given us. Great real life tables... Just have a little appreciation. Yes, I know your money is being spent, but it's all good especially in the long run with all the licensing deals, now and in the future.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Buying a season pass in advance was not an option until this season anyway. Season 1 was already out and several months passed before you could buy it that way and season 2 was about 4-5 months along when they introduced the concept. I thought farsight made a poor move in doing the season pass up front. Comic books are collected into trade paperbacks after the initial issues have been published plus a few months. They are cheaper that way than the original cover price but the publishers would never release the tpb the way farsight offered the season pass

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Well, it could work in their favor if people buy the more expensive packs out of impatience rather than waiting until the end of the year for the bundle.

Wait until the end of the year... ha! Anyone who does this should not be allowed to play pinball. ;)

2n2

Apr 15, 2012
This is a ridiculous decision or it's a complete BS line to mask the real reason why they are pulling the season pass.

Quite frankly, this is one of the most disappointing things I've heard come from the studio, honestly, it makes no sense. If anything, the season packs make it more attractive to play on Android. Apple shouldn't have this much control over every other platform like this.

I'm pretty easygoing and patient with Farsight and the decisions they make but this is just daft.

I agree. I've been cool with how they've handled things, even knowing they bite off more than they can chew often, and other issues have come up that are out of their control. Plus their support has been great for me. However, I don't buy the line they're giving at all. I understand if the have to pull them from the Apple store, but I simply do not buy their reasoning for pulling them from all platforms. It feels completely disingenuous.

Folks, I know you're all mad but look what FS have given us. Great real life tables... Just have a little appreciation. Yes, I know your money is being spent, but it's all good especially in the long run with all the licensing deals, now and in the future.

Sure, but if they suddenly are trying to feed us a line of BS, I'm not going to be ok with it, regardless of the great stuff they've done. They've always seemed straightforward, but this decision and/or reason given is completely counter to their standard operating procedure we've come to know. If they decided that it's more financially viable for them to survive long term to hold off on season passes until all are out, then fine. That's understandable. I can respect that, and I think we all understand the longer the go, the harder it is to keep going. We all want them to succeed. Just don't feed us a line.

This game kinda parallels Rock Band to me, which I was very much into. There were so many licensing and other hurdles, and as they went on we all had the feeling it was getting more and more difficult to keep it up as people's interest faded. However, when they had to make tough calls about dropping support for certain features, specific track pricing/bundle situations, they did not try sugar-coat it or try to feed us a bogus reason. There were some things they couldn't flat out say, but did not try to give out PR-like statements to cover themselves, and I think the community appreciated it. The people that will likely help this continue into later seasons would probably rather they just be as upfront as they can.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Buying a season pass in advance was not an option until this season anyway. Season 1 was already out and several months passed before you could buy it that way and season 2 was about 4-5 months along when they introduced the concept. I thought farsight made a poor move in doing the season pass up front. Comic books are collected into trade paperbacks after the initial issues have been published plus a few months. They are cheaper that way than the original cover price but the publishers would never release the tpb the way farsight offered the season pass

Thank you! I have been trying to formulate in my head exactly what you said. Verbatim. Now I just need to wipe the idea of season passes from my memory as being an upfront option.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
you know what as deerty apple ios user ive never bkught a pass, and not because i pick and choose tables just that a few quid a month is nothing for the gamplay we get

if anyine of you young old poor or rich quibble over a tiny tiny minthly fee for such replay i pitty you

pinwiz45b directly hey kiddo your a huge fan surely monly you got five dollars?

to the "grownups" if you havent bkught it on platforms aviable by niw where you ever gonna

i feel for the consoles that dont but the rest of you of the ****ing soapbox i lost a check today for the price of a linball machine so like

wise up or feck off

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
We can all look back on this as the start of the demise of TPA when it happens.

That being said, I'm buying every table day one on ps3 and will still continue to do so until the game dies.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
If they want to be 'fair' they should offer a season pass for PSN users until they reach table pack 23.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
your all cheap try sepending five on a real machine what a joke

Please!...not the virtual pinball vs real machine price comparison again.

My Neo-Geo + 2 games cost me $1000 in 1990, yet I just bought Metal Slug 1 & 2 on the iPod for $6 and these play much more like the originals than any virtual pinball will, but I don't feel like I am saving $994.00 each time I play them. ;)

What I really want to know is...
1. How is TellTaleGames able to continue selling Season Passes for The Walking Dead (on ALL platforms including iOS)

2. Why does Farsight use iOS as a ruleset for all other platforms?

3. Will this effect PS4 users from receiving a discount on Season 2 tables?
Keep in mind many owners of both the PS3 & PS4 have purchased the PS3 Season 2 Pass with the expectation of updating to the PS4 version with minimal trouble and cost.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
you know what as deerty apple ios user ive never bkught a pass, and not because i pick and choose tables just that a few quid a month is nothing for the gamplay we get

if anyine of you young old poor or rich quibble over a tiny tiny minthly fee for such replay i pitty you

pinwiz45b directly hey kiddo your a huge fan surely monly you got five dollars?

to the "grownups" if you havent bkught it on platforms aviable by niw where you ever gonna

i feel for the consoles that dont but the rest of you of the ****ing soapbox i lost a check today for the price of a linball machine so like

wise up or feck off

Well said Heretic

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The value of any app and what is a good value is truly different for everyone. For some $5 is nothing, for others it might be their kids lunch money. I despise all of the threads that end up going down this road. They are as bad as TPA vs Zen, or PS3 vs Xbox, or any discussion on politics/religion.
But as for season packs being removed on all platforms, I don't like this decision. I would have preferred they keep season packs for everyone else and looked for an alternative solution on iOS. Maybe instead of a season pass for $30, maybe they could just say that anyone that purchases the first 6 pins of any season will get any additional pins released that season for free. You'd still be paying $30 for a season.

As Hairy said, this isn't really an issue until season 4 rolls around. Cause if you didn't buy the season pack yet, then you probably weren't going to. (For those that it was available to)

Last edited:

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Please!...not the virtual pinball vs real machine price comparison again.

My Neo-Geo + 2 games cost me $1000 in 1990, yet I just bought Metal Slug 1 & 2 on the iPod for $6 and these play much more like the originals than any virtual pinball will, but I don't feel like I am saving $994.00 each time I play them. ;)

What I really want to know is...
1. How is TellTaleGames able to continue selling Season Passes for The Walking Dead (on ALL platforms including iOS)

2. Why does Farsight use iOS as a ruleset for all other platforms?

3. Will this effect PS4 users from receiving a discount on Season 2 tables?
Keep in mind many owners of both the PS3 & PS4 have purchased the PS3 Season 2 Pass with the expectation of updating to the PS4 version with minimal trouble and cost.

Here, sadly, is Apple's response to your first question:
"Hello (my real name),

Thanks for getting back to me that you have found other Apps that offer subscriptions, and there is another app that offers seasons passes.

Subscriptions that are available through in app purchases are different then what this developer has released as a seasons pass. This is why they are allowed and this one is not."

This is a direct quote from a senior customer service person. I've been going around and around with Apple, and their response boils down to, "because".
I'd be happy to send any emails that I've gotten from Apple, along with my responses. I know I'm not going to win here, but it's the principle of the matter.

As to your comparison, I look at it this way-I've got forty pinball tables in a space the size of a magazine. The collected tables weigh about as much as a good novel. I don't have to be near a TV or monitor. No cables coming from controllers OR having to wait for the wireless ones to charge up. And, for the price of powering two real life tables, I've got twenty times that.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I don't get the outrage myself. I picked up the Season 3 pass for iOS before it got pulled for convenience - the savings wasn't that significant that I could see, a few quid maybe?

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, maybe I save my outrage for actual injustices in the world, but I'm certainly not going to stop buying machines for the Pinball Arcade or dump my iPad or iPhone over something as trivial as this.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I have season 3 for PC and IOS. Wasn't available for PS4. Now I will wait for season 3 to be over before I will buy it on PS4. At least I have season 3 for PC and IOS, but dumb move on their part.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I don't get the outrage myself. I picked up the Season 3 pass for iOS before it got pulled for convenience - the savings wasn't that significant that I could see, a few quid maybe?

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, maybe I save my outrage for actual injustices in the world, but I'm certainly not going to stop buying machines for the Pinball Arcade or dump my iPad or iPhone over something as trivial as this.

Well the season pass here is $30 I believe. 10 packs at 5 each would be 50, nearly double. Being a PS3 owner I was never given the opportunity to get the season pass before they decided to off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.