Season 8 wishlist

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Correct, straight from Norman's mouth on latest BlahCade podcast.

I really hope that this is correct! However - playing devil's advocate...the infamous FB lurker.

So,every once in a while,I still go on the PA FB page. More so lately with what I hope is Banzai Run finally coming out!

Well,while I was on there today,this got posted to the visitor section. It was a bit of a read,and interesting to say the least.

With Norman's appearance on the latest Blahcade podcast,I would normally not pay this any mind. However,the FB "insider" has been pretty much spot on with his predictions,so I am going to post what was said.

I'll post again with the comments from the lurker. I do want to stress that I AM NOT the lurker,insider, whatever you want to call them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Goofy podcast? The nerve!

I can’t speak to the validity of anything he says, but wow does he have an axe to grind. Former employee maybe? Perhaps still friends with someone that does work there? I just hate reading from someone who is near gleeful in hoping for the demise of a company. Our community here on this forum has always pushed the idea of making our criticisms constructive. The changes to the game as illustrated in this tirade have often come from that, and a purely negative attitude would have not served us or the game well. I choose to trust Norman, a person I have met, had conversations with, and not out to deceive. I can only assume the leaker is hiding due to having at one time signed an NDA, and while there may or may not be truth in what he says, I don’t much appreciate the motivations behind it.

SilverballJim

Jun 8, 2017
Well, here is a wishlist of sorts

Baby Pac-Man: Simple yet fun mix of Video game & Pinball. You may have to contact Bandai Namco Entertainment in order to release it as a licensed table. (and update the in game code to show that although Bally made it, Namco owns the game and the Pac-Man License.)

Mr & Mrs Pac-Man: Same thing as Baby Pac-Man. A fun pin of the Pac-Man License. Again, contact Bandai Namco Entertainment in order to get the license. ("...Bally made this, Namco owns it.")

The Simpsons: A simple Stern table with the Simpsons license back in 1992.

Batman '66: Batman table based off of the show with Adam West. It's still being sold but a Digital version will be divine as we face off against The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin, and Catwoman.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Data East Table based off of the Nickelodeon license. The Turtles must fight against the Foot Clan lead by the Shredder.

Q*Bert's Quest: Simple yet lovely Pinball table that shows Gottlieb Pinball knows how to adapt their own video game into the silver ball.

Monopoly: Based off of the Hasbro Board Game and designed by Pat Lawlor, Stern's Monopoly is the game where you challenge the table to try and break the bank, zip through the area collecting properties, and when you pass go on the playfield's monopoly board, multiball will start.

That's all I have so far. What do you think?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well, here is a wishlist of sorts

Baby Pac-Man: Simple yet fun mix of Video game & Pinball. You may have to contact Bandai Namco Entertainment in order to release it as a licensed table. (and update the in game code to show that although Bally made it, Namco owns the game and the Pac-Man License.)

Mr & Mrs Pac-Man: Same thing as Baby Pac-Man. A fun pin of the Pac-Man License. Again, contact Bandai Namco Entertainment in order to get the license. ("...Bally made this, Namco owns it.")

The Simpsons: A simple Stern table with the Simpsons license back in 1992.

Batman '66: Batman table based off of the show with Adam West. It's still being sold but a Digital version will be divine as we face off against The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin, and Catwoman.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Data East Table based off of the Nickelodeon license. The Turtles must fight against the Foot Clan lead by the Shredder.

Q*Bert's Quest: Simple yet lovely Pinball table that shows Gottlieb Pinball knows how to adapt their own video game into the silver ball.

Monopoly: Based off of the Hasbro Board Game and designed by Pat Lawlor, Stern's Monopoly is the game where you challenge the table to try and break the bank, zip through the area collecting properties, and when you pass go on the playfield's monopoly board, multiball will start.

That's all I have so far. What do you think?

I’d take Monopoly solely because I’m a Lawlor fan.

I like Mr and Mrs Pac Man over Baby Pac, just because it’s solely pinball. I don’t even wanna think how much Namco would want for what us essentially their Mario or Micky Mouse.

I much prefer Batman ‘66 to The Dark Knight even if all it is is a re-skin. The theming and call outs are way more fun.

Data East Simpson’s and TMNT do nothing for me other than scratch the nostalgia itch, but I wouldn’t be disappointed either.

Don’t know that I’ve ever played the Q-Bert machine, but I know the vid game was nothing but frustration for me!

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
So,taking into my hope and belief that Banzai Run comes out in Season 7 - here is my wishlist for S8.

Monopoly - because I’m also a Lawlor fan!

Mousin’ Around - but pretty much any of the Williams System 11 tables would do

The Shadow - easily my most wanted licensed classic table. A blast to play.

A bowling themed table. Just because!

Some tables from Capcom - BBB,Pinball Magic,etc.

Also some tables from another publisher or two,like JJP or Spooky Pinball. Dialed In is awesome!

Hopefully there is a Season 8!

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Don’t know that I’ve ever played the Q-Bert machine, but I know the vid game was nothing but frustration for me!

It's not good. Someone had brought one to the Chicago Pinball Expo two(?) years ago. Although the flipper design is unique its not much fun to play. The ball is pretty confined and there didn't seem much to do. On top of that it uses the Goin' Nuts sounds rather than samples from the actual arcade game.

If Farsight manages to do an arcade table Defender would be my top choice. That uses the actual sounds from the arcade game and was pretty fun to boot. Counter Force would probably be my other choice as it plays more like Space Invaders than the actual licensed Space Invaders table.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Wishing for a season of 77'-80's Bally's.
Heck, there's enough gold pins to make 2 seasons. Lets make it one with licensed and one without.

1. Skateball
2. Frontier
3. Viking
4. Mystic
5. Hotdoggin'
6. Future Spa
7. Strikes and Spares
8. Eight Ball
9. Mata Hari
10. Black Jack

-----------------------------

1. Evil Knievel
2. Bobby Orr's Powerplay
3. Playboy
4. Six million $ man
5. Kiss
6. Harlem Globetrotters
7. Dolly Parton
8. Space Invaders
9. Star Trek
10. Rolling Stones

(no particular order )

Last edited:

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
One table I wish would see the light of day in PBA is Laser War. That table has gotten a ton of play by me on VP. It has a great sound to it, really cool gameplay and is just a lot of fun.

-Ski

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Since Laser War is Data East's first table, it would be in the Stern Pinball Arcade. I've requested Laser War in the past to FarSight, and it would be cool to do a two pack of Classic Stern's Flight 2000 and Laser War in SPA. I hope they do it!

Antonio Gaeta

Jan 3, 2015
1 embryon
2 bad cats
3 wizard - spirit of 76
4 spectrum
5 operation thunder
6 the shadow
7 mystery castle
8 street fighter 2
9 congo
10 corvette

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Street Fighter II is actually Gottleib Premier.

And its' not THAT bad honestly. but surf n safari is better.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, dumb mistake on my part. I've lumped SFII in with DE before, even though I know better. Don't know why I do that.

NeonKnight

Jan 10, 2018
My do-able wish list:

1. Corvette
2. Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street
3. The Shadow
4. Mousin' Around
5. Rollergames
6. Stargate
7. Blackwater 100
8. King Pin (Gottlieb EM)
9. Spirit of '76
10. Shaq Attaq (Since we'll NEVER get any NBA licensed game)

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I just want Triple Strike.
If that game manages to ever sneak in here, all of my "NEED" tables are in.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Rollergames
Special Force
Radical
Freddy
Police Force
Seawitch
Laser War
Monte Carlo (Gottlieb)
Dirty Harry
Lethal Weapon 3
Mystery Castle

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Newsletter confirms monthly releases are no more.

New tables promised but no timeline, no idea if they will be regular or erratic.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.