Season 8 wishlist

karl

May 10, 2012
I dig your enthusiasm, Wolfson :)

If this turns out to be an Early Stern, Early Gottlieb etc. extravaganza, I will be all in, all the way and scream like a little child during Christmas :) but will they sell enough for them to go that route?

Would love to see Alien Star and Genesis but not much more than that when it comes to newer Gottlieb titles.

Plenty of aces from 70-early 80s and when all is said all pinball is a good thing Maybe I was just in a state of shock when they announced this.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Wolfy, some days I wish I could get a pint of your blood. I need a positive vibe transfusion. But you and karl are spot on. If tables are chosen smartly, there is a lot of potential for a great season. I think classic Stern pins will have to save the day but they have been reluctant to release them in the past.

I was at a pin show recently and had a blast playing all of the newest releases. But my wife and I had some of biggest laughs playing Meteor and Stars. Sure, some of that is nostalgia, but those two Stern pins are thoughtfully designed and fun to play. I'd be thrilled to have either one in my basement or on TPA. And don't get me started on Gottlieb wedgeheads.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
From what I remember, they are free to do as many Gottlieb tables as they want. Same goes for Stern. Only Williams/Bally gave them restrictions.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
just goes to show there still plenty of great tables left , my glass isn`t half full anymore , it`s bloody full !!! after seeing who owns WMS I`ve come to the conclusion that they asked Farsight for to much money . so now I`m over WMS and am looking forward to our new tables . great lists above !!!! :cool:

That's how I've been looking at it too. With Williams/Bally out of the way, there is potential in seeing more Data East, Sega, Stern, and early Gottlieb tables.

I know it's not a fan favorite, but I would love to see Data East's Robocop in TPA. It's a table I enjoyed playing a lot when I was a kid (loved the music) and with TPA, that annoying 10 Million score cap can be taken care of.

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I hate to say it, but I'm feeling pessimistic about this whole thing. I own most of the seasons except most of season 2 and half of season 4, I'm intending on picking up a couple more key tables (Earthshaker, Jackbot, White Water) but at this point to get all of the remaining Bally/Williams it would cost me $70 and that's just not going to happen by the end of June.

My main concern is, I don't see how the TPA franchise can continue financially without the tables that are being removed. They simply won't attract new customers with a bunch of Gottliebs. The only chance is if they can really make hay with classic and modern Sterns, but while these are great tables, it's the classic Bally/Williams ones that are the bread and butter.

I have a suspicion that they are going to pivot the company to other (potentially non-pinball) games, and at some point the mobile versions of TPA will stop working (OS upgrade breaking changes, etc.) and we'll be left with nothing.

My other hope is that eventually the Bally/Williams license holders are going to come to an agreement with farsight, or transfer the licenses to another software company that may pick up where TPA has left off.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Shogun , Kolchak , karl spot on about those tables !!!:cool: Rudy that`s exactly what i remember !!!:cool: I wake up in the morning , I go out to the patio , I say beautiful day I`m alive come inside say to dad kafe ( Turkish coffee )and off to the kitchen we go , our kickstarter for the day plus TimTams and chocolates !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the best biscuits in the world !!! our fave is the ice coffee and Turkish delight , perfect !!! there choc coated and filled in between 2 biscuits , when you start you don`t finish till there all gone !!!:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
the best biscuits in the world !!! our fave is the ice coffee and Turkish delight , perfect !!! there choc coated and filled in between 2 biscuits , when you start you don`t finish till there all gone !!!:cool:

Did some YouTube research and they do look great. Almost like a giant Kit Kat? Some were saying they can be found at some Target stores here in the states. So I will be hunting for them.
What flavor do you like best?

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Well, at least we could still get Stargate. Would also love to see LotR, but I realize that would require a miracle...

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Did some YouTube research and they do look great. Almost like a giant Kit Kat? Some were saying they can be found at some Target stores here in the states. So I will be hunting for them.
What flavor do you like best?
Kolchak like ice cream ice coffee and the Turkish delight :cool:

Mar 9, 2012

I love Turkish delight.. a friends parents bring it back when they visit Cyprus.. closest thing to it here in Canada is Big Turk covered in chocolate instead of powdered sugar coating.. chocolate bar that's been around for decades

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Everyone in here positive about the future of new tables needs to remember that Switch never got the WMS tables at all.

Switch had the potential to be the best console for pinball thanks to TATE and the hybrid player anywhere, anyway nature. Now both TPA and PBFX3 are missing half of their tables on the platform.

Also, the Switch version sans WMS is out now and the tables look great, almost as good as PS4. As someone who plays on iPad and intended to move platforms this is a real bitter pill.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Captain you can`t beat the real Turkish Delight , I get big cup put about 4 Turkish Delights in then fill with cold water ,wait a couple of minutes , then eat them and wash it down with the water . Kolchak I forgot to tell you about the Tim Tam Slam, it`s a must . look on youtube for Tim Tam Slam . I use to do it all the time when i was younger , haha !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I love Turkish delight.. a friends parents bring it back when they visit Cyprus.. closest thing to it here in Canada is Big Turk covered in chocolate instead of powdered sugar coating.. chocolate bar that's been around for decades
Captain try a Greek , Turkish or any Middle Eastern food store , they will all sell the real Turkish Delights !!! :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Ok, given the new parameters, here is my new season 8 wishlist. I’m listing 10 packs, even though we won’t see 10. But hey, it’s a wishlist.

1. Big Buck Hunter - We know it’s coming, just a matter of when.
2. Seawitch - A classic that I’m almost surprised we didn’t get seasons ago.
3. Surf Champ & Buccaneer - two classic Gottlieb EMs with fun themes and fun rules.
4. Whoa Nellie! - Again it’s just a matter of when.
5. Catacomb - A beautiful Stern with an interesting layout.
6. Genesis - Halloween! Let’s build a robot together in our lab.
7. Vulcan & Volley - 2 more great Gottlieb EMs. Drop target fun.
8. Stars - Played this Stern recently and remembered how good it is.
9. The Who’s Tommy Pinball Wizard - FS hinted in the past that this could be possible. Maybe my fave Data East.
10. Kiss LE - A surprise to end the season. You wanted the best and you got the best.....

Well, there is my Dream season 8. Almost slipped Congo in by accident.

Burdette25159

Nov 1, 2015
New season 8 wish list:
1: Catacomb
2: Whoa Nellie
3: Big Buck Hunter
4: Hoops
5: Silver Slugger
6: Joker Poker and Ace High
7: The Who's Tommy
8: SEAWitch
9: Lightning
10: Metalica

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Two EM 2-packs? I like it.

You know, seeing them organize a Gottlieb EM pack for the Switch version makes me hopeful that they are open to doing more Gottlieb EMs in the future, and organizing them into further EM-only packs. That way, the people who dislike EMs can just ignore them.

Striker

May 26, 2017

They're damn good. Some convenience stores in DC sell them. Especially those close to the Australian Embassy at Scott Circle. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.