Sign In Link For Tournament of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
With thoughts to how we might constitute "proof" of our scores - would a link to an archived Twitch stream or some other recorded video of the game be good? I mentioned this elsewhere, that it's what I'm considering doing.

Video would be perfectly acceptable. Especially if you showed the two games you played right in a row for each table, or you recorded your entire session. It's a bit much to ask of most people, but if that is what works for you, go for it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So you guys know, as of 1pm Thursday we have 28 people registered. I'm stoked with that many people willing to play, but let's get more! Encourage those that you know who play to sign up. Last night I looked at my friends list on Steam of people that play TPA and messaged them with the link to the sign in. Do the same across whatever platform you are on and encourage people to check it out.

Do I have to remind everyone what is at stake here? A gold, silver, or bronze avatar BlahCade whipped up...yeah!!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Just to remind you all that AFM's Pro Mode allows you to turn on Tournament Setting in the Operator's Menu. I'll do that, plus turn off EB's just to be safe :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
If I understand it correctly, we're plunging extra balls, right?

I think that was mooted only for Black Hole, since it is possible to infinitely grind on that table and house balls are rare.

For the tables in this tournament:
- Genie, whilst it allows for infinite play, has typically short ball times even for the best players.
- AFM technically allows infinite EBs, but since those come from Video Mode, it's not really practical so the actual number of balls is limited. Game times can still be epic though.
- Firepower also has the possibility of infinite EBs, but like Genie it has short ball times plus distinct possibility of house balls.
- Flight 2000 has at most 4 EBs with no possibility of more.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just did a practice run through...2 plays on each table, all in a row. Holy crap was that awful! Think I shall spend tomorrow practicing up, hopefully it will help.

Pinballwiz45b using tourney settings, reminds me of something. If that is something you indeed want to do, go for it. I certainly encourage that if it is available to you, but can't enforce it. With Genie, it's up to you if you'd like to play 3 or 5 ball. I personally think it's a wash for me in terms of advantage points wise. Since the game is standard with 5, dropping to 3 is purely everyone's call.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If I understand it correctly, we're plunging extra balls, right?

Yeah, not making that request this time. We'll see what the general consensus is for the end of March tourney after we see how this time goes.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Did some math (subtraction to be exact) and saw that I will have to play before I go to work on Saturday :p
So I gotta set that clock a bit earlier, heh, rising early on a Saturday - crazy.

Extra balls: well, no biggie with the tables we got now right? I'm gonna save Mars Attack for last as I am not sure there will be enough time if one gets a great game.

I don't understand these marathon pinball machines, surely the arcades went out of business because they didn't earn any money from people playing forever on one quarter?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
lol this never happend irl well unless yiur a rain man, bown kerins once played a tz for four hours straight!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I think the only reason I was able to get #7 in gold on the last TPA tourney was the grinding. And I didn't have a job at the time. This will be a huge change up from that. I forfeit lol. Nah, I'm gonna take it seriously, but I know I'm gonna suck it up

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think the only reason I was able to get #7 in gold on the last TPA tourney was the grinding. And I didn't have a job at the time. This will be a huge change up from that.

It really is. I can grind my way to a score given enough time. So far in the 3 or 4 practice runs I've done, my score is averaging out on the very low end. In other words, just like my league play! That's the fun of it for me. Having 2 house balls in a row and realizing that 3rd ball is all you've got. Conversely, having a good run and savoring it because you know that might not be the case on the other tables.

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
I did a practice run yesterday of two credits per each game. Yikes! So as long as the rules allow it, heck yes I'm playing the extra balls! Hence my quote below. And with genie, heck yah I'm playing 5 balls on that infuriating machine. Going to be fun and interesting. I wonder if we can give out a raspberry prize for the worst scores? :)

jdoa

Jan 8, 2015
I've signed up, and I just saw that 1pm est for me here in South Africa is 8pm at night. And just remembered that we have to go to our friends' kid bday party but I should be back before 8pm. Can't wait :D

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
I have signed up but I won't be able to play. The times you have set are 2Am to 2pm Saturday in England. I start work at 6Am and I finish at 2pm. Why on earth don't you just make it 24 hours instead of 12? Then everyone can play.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I have signed up but I won't be able to play. The times you have set are 2Am to 2pm Saturday in England. I start work at 6Am and I finish at 2pm. Why on earth don't you just make it 24 hours instead of 12? Then everyone can play.

I don't think you did the math correctly there. London start time is 6pm Saturday to 6am Sunday.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Little less than 11 hours to sign up!

I will post the heats everyone will be in before start time of tomorrow.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
It said 10am minus 8. Ten minus eight is two. I might be able to play then if it starts at six. But there will be people who can't play if it's just 12 hours. It should be 24 hours. Everyone has some time within a full day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.