Sign In Link For Tournament of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
6pm to 4am GMT the 28th

Right... Damn this complicated math :p

EDIT oh, 12 hours; thought it was 10-20 ten hours :)

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It said 10am minus 8.

-8 GMT was to show I'm in Pacific Standard (PST). Sorry for the confusion. As for 24 hours, well it's two-fold. One is I wanted to discourage anyone from trying to grind, even though I ask people to only play twice per table. I really hope that won't be the case, but if there were 24 hours the temptation might be too great. I realize I'm screwing people that aren't in North America, but in the 3 or 4 practice sessions I've run myself where I play all 4 tables twice, I've never needed more than an hour. The other thing is I've got things to take care of myself and the times and format for this are set up for my personal convenience. I don't know how much of my personal time this is going to take. I've tried to set it up to be easy on me, we'll see. I have a vision of how I wanted this to run, I'd like to try and see it through. Changes made for next month will show just how well things did or didn't go this time!

And truthfully, I thank everyone for signing up to play. Last I checked we were nearing 40 players, which far exceeds my initial expectation. I'd like to see this thing grow eventually, you guys have more than proven there is interest.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
So far on Flight 2000, my scores are averaging around 600k, not really good at the table and my all time hs from months ago was around 3.4 million.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I hope it's ok to flip around on a table for ~5 minutes before starting for real :).

I don't have a problem with that, so long as your practice 'flip around' score doesn't suddenly become the 'uh yeah, I mean THIS is my real game score!'

In my league, we have 2 hours to play any and all machines before the actual tourney. That's our flip around. Once the tourney starts, you are not allowed to touch any machine you are playing on until you are actually in that heat, or you've finished with your heat and scores have already been recorded.

I like what you are posting...a record of what you are doing, how well you are doing, and what you expect to do. That certainly tells a story. I hope you and others (I know I will) will do similar tomorrow so we can all feel like we are in the same room together.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Don't worry about how to post your pics just yet. You will only need to show proof if somebody requests it. Right before scoring can be posted, I will tell what 'word' I would like seen taped to your monitor with your score displayed. Those taking screen shots, make sure you can show a time stamp.

Only 9 1/2 hours before it all starts!

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
If you are playing on PC, use Steam overlay (activate it through steam options) and use that to take a screenshot.
It will post the pic with date/time created.

Sure, you can probably manipulate that too; forgery has been around for thousand of years (proof? Well the Ulfberth sword seemed to be copied just to raise the value of a bad sword. There are prob older examples but thats the one I remember off the cuff).

See you after work, gonna set some records :p
Cheerio

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
In case anyone doesn't know, you can take screenshots on iOS by hitting the home and sleep buttons at the same time.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I plan on recording my games. Harder to fake video, no?

Same here. I can't really be assed to dig my camera out for this, so a recorded stream will have to do. I don't expect it'll be an issue anyway since I'm pretty bad at most of the tables with only two shots.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I would record or stream, but it's not conducive to high score play since recording disrupts the game's smooth timing enough that I miss shots. I'll use my iPad camera, easy to upload from there.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I posted a score on the link - and posted in here.

Though the post on here appears to have vanished.
Did my scores get through?
TPA AC Name is HOW sames as here.

Andy

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Unfortunately, it appears that the timestamp is when the file was uploaded to the "steam cloud", not when the screenshot was taken :( :(. I haven't yet figured out how to make the true timestamp show up. (I may try more later.)

At least you will have the screenshot locally stored as well. So if someone wants additional proof, you could always send the file from your screenshot directory.

I have uploaded my screenshots to Steam and marked them "Private" until the tournament is over.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I posted a score on the link - and posted in here.

Though the post on here appears to have vanished.
Did my scores get through?
TPA AC Name is HOW sames as here.

Andy

Your scores got posted. Don't worry.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Your scores got posted. Don't worry.
As an administrative aside, we can reset the data and lock the form back-end until you're ready to collect the next lot of participants.

That way, we can keep this one form/one link consistently each month.

Ping me if you want to know more :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.