Status
Not open for further replies.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I didn't know a few people have warm-up games.
I always thought on the day of the tournament once you started that was it.
Sometimes I will play the tables the night before but most times I don't have the time.

Today at work during lunch I scored close to 20 mil on Diner, which is the only table I have on my PC for this tournament.

Signed up, good luck to all.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Today at work during lunch I scored close to 20 mil on Diner, which is the only table I have on my PC for this tournament.

Don't forget, you can mix your platforms. You do not have to play all tables on the same thing.

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
I am curious what place in NC has tournaments, if you want to say. I have been to the weekly (mini-)tournament at the Asheville museum once. I co-started the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill league in the 1990s which is also why I'm interested.

I live close to Charlotte, and the pinball scene has been growing steadily in the past year. Currently, there are three small tournaments a month (8-15 people) in the Charlotte area. In the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, a friend of mine has just begun organizing a couple tournaments a month in the barcades there. Flippers (on the Outer Banks) hosts a couple of big tournaments a year.

If you want more details, please feel free to PM me. We are always looking for more players! :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Good news everyone...we have more prizes!!

Bonzo is donating some spare Steam keys he has. So in addition to the Xbone and PS4 codes to TAF, we'll have a winner for this too. They will get to select from one of the following...

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse
Crusader Kings II (+ 3 unit pack DLCs)
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Legend of Grimrock
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack
Torchlight II

And then we'll roll over what's left to the next month. Cool, huh?

As always, we are eternally grateful for any donations like this that will help increase the enjoyment of participating. If you have extra Steam keys or codes you'd like to add to the giveaway pile, please PM me or email the BlahCade at BlahBlahBlahCade@gmail.com

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So I did a practice run, no warm ups. Well, I was playing Roadshow, but new flipper physics are REALLY noticeable when you then switch to RBION which is extra bouncy. Anyways...

Harley - 434,646,320
RBION - 27,104,900 (I'm so embarrassed of that score)
Eldo - 443,180
Diner - 34,243,600

Harley is about where I expected it, could be better though. I need to reacquaint myself with RBION as my shots just weren't there. Eldo is what Eldo is, and Diner was me just having a really good game for myself. If I can repeat that, I'll be very happy.

We've got 36 players so far, and I haven't even had to harass anyone. Don't think I will either, just to prove a point to anyone that then screams "but I forgot!!" 7.5 hours to go, then I do up the groupings and hopefully have 'em posted real close to 10:30pm PDT tonight. Then it's game on!

And don't forget to storm the chat room and piss off Heretic with actual pinball talk. You don't have to only talk about pinball, but if you do it'll set him right off!

Ernie1977

Feb 23, 2015
i played ripleys yesterday and got 301 million. Visited all continents 4 times, spelled ripleys twice, so atlantis twice, and frog frenzy once.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
So I did a practice run, no warm ups. Well, I was playing Roadshow, but new flipper physics are REALLY noticeable when you then switch to RBION which is extra bouncy. Anyways...
<snip>
Yeah, I really try to stay away from the new 3.X physics because it throws my skill (called skill) in the other tables. Last month I stopped playing Xenon because of it.

Please Bobby, stay over night at work for a month or so working the physics for all the tables :cool:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Hmm I got confused I thought tourney was this saturday, then next saturday now it seems it's this saturday. Ok I'll be playing pretty early then.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
First off, welcome to the tournament! You're gonna have a blast.

Now then, there is no hard set rule about warming up other than that once you decide you are playing, you are playing. I tend to warm up on all 4 tables for as much as I deem needed, and then sit down and commit to the tourney. That means I play 2 games of one table, then slide to the next, until I am finished. The urge to cheat is too great otherwise! I do know some people who do one play through of all 4, then do a second round with no practice in the middle.

When I go to my league tourneys, we get 2 hours to play whatever machines as many times as we'd like. Thing is, we don't know which tables we'll actually be assigned. Once the tourney starts, you can only play when in match. So that's the spirit I want carried through to here. Cool? Cool.
Remember that if you build up any game feature like D O U B L E in Cue Ball Wizard you must quit from the table and then start the table again to clear the ROM state and start from a game that has just been "turned on".

Then you can play your two tournament games.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I didn't know a few people have warm-up games.
I always thought on the day of the tournament once you started that was it.
Sometimes I will play the tables the night before but most times I don't have the time.

I generally don't because the timezone makes it that I have to get on it or I'll run out of time.

With a 24hr allowance this tourney, I'll be able to play my games in the evening and take some more time practicing before entering competition play.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Hmm I got confused I thought tourney was this saturday, then next saturday now it seems it's this saturday. Ok I'll be playing pretty early then.
Hmm OK now I get it, it was the "No TotW" thread that got me confused, I thought it was "No TotM" this week.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I generally don't because the timezone makes it that I have to get on it or I'll run out of time.

With a 24hr allowance this tourney, I'll be able to play my games in the evening and take some more time practicing before entering competition play.

Don't know if I can, seeing that I could end up having a great practice game.
Speaking of practice, I should get some in seeing that my daughter has a swim meet about 45 minutes away tomorrow
and she has to be there by 7 a.m.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Don't know if I can, seeing that I could end up having a great practice game.
Speaking of practice, I should get some in seeing that my daughter has a swim meet about 45 minutes away tomorrow
and she has to be there by 7 a.m.
Just don't capture any screen shot evidence so you are not tempted to submit them. That's what I do. Keeps me honest.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Just don't capture any screen shot evidence so you are not tempted to submit them. That's what I do. Keeps me honest.

I'll hide the camera. I should break down and get a vita, the swim meets give me a great excuse to practice more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.