So TPA is coming to Xbox One in June (hopefully)

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Should probably change the title of the thread to avoid getting people excited for no reason. "Aiming for June" is not really "the next few weeks".

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I have no issue with the ps4 OS. It is very smooth, fast, and easy to understand.

I would like to see iPhone/pod music support. Other than that, I'm a happy camper.

You could say that about the Xbone as well - it's fast, slick and easy to understand.

But they're both horrendously incomplete and rough in a number of areas. The PS4 almost-like-XMB gets me the most (as well as the illogical positioning of a lot of items within it). The PS3's UI is far more refined and usable compared to the mess the PS4's UI is.

The Xbone and Xbox 360 UIs are closer, but the 360's is still nicer (though the pre-tile version was even better still - the NXE update was the best). Still, the 360 does a LOT of things better than the Xbone.

They're both incomplete and unpolished, but by themselves, they're OK, they do the job, somewhat.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Could a Mod please now set up a Xbox One section in the main "Platform Specific" forum?
Everyones used the 360 section to talk about the Xbox One version so far.
Also got to be time to retire the 3DS section.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Could a Mod please now set up a Xbox One section in the main "Platform Specific" forum?
Everyones used the 360 section to talk about the Xbox One version so far.
Also got to be time to retire the 3DS section.

Gord would have to be the one to do it. You can send him a request via PM.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Music to my ears,especially if it has all of the PS4 goodness!

Consider the alleged "goodness" PS4 players like myself been treated to so far:

1. A sound system dwarfed by smartphone versions.

2. Season One tables only-with nothing new on the horizon. This is hauntingly similar to the 360 version!

3. No updates whatsoever in it's entire lifetime.

4. Now the PS3 version will surpass the PS4 version in terms of quality.

5. Three lighting schemes, and still no true strobe multiball on AFM.

The PS4 version of TPA is just like the system itself-entirely overrated!

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
So they can release it on Xbone but not re-release on 360? What sense does that make?

It's not like they need to deal with a different Microsoft.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
So they can release it on Xbone but not re-release on 360? What sense does that make?

It's not like they need to deal with a different Microsoft.

Rules are different for both platforms. Xbox 360 requires a 3rd party publisher who ships retail discs. Xbox One does not.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I just hope Xbox One owners who get TPA will get the support that the PS4 is currently lacking. The wait for new content that never showed up on the 360 was awful and the PS4 update (if any is even planned) wait is not much better.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
In theory, Microsoft promised a 2 week turn-around for ID@Xbox games, so when Farsight submits for Android, and iOS, if they submit Xbone at the same time, it should all be ready the same day.

Hopefully.

The PS4 is supposed to be the same, too, so I'm not sure what's going on...

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
High Speed just announced. I've been asking for that since launch day on the 360. I have money in hand for whichever system receives it first, X1 or X360 or both if they are there on the same day.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.