So TPA is coming to Xbox One in June (hopefully)

phantomfriar2002

Apr 13, 2012
Saw in another thread both this and the 360 version are supposedly on tap for a "Q3" release which would likely mean fall. And, since Pinball FX2 launches at the end of the month on Xbox One, I can't envision TPA landing at the same time.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Saw in another thread both this and the 360 version are supposedly on tap for a "Q3" release which would likely mean fall. And, since Pinball FX2 launches at the end of the month on Xbox One, I can't envision TPA landing at the same time.

Well,Q3 is July,August,& September - so a summer release is still possible.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Sucks being patient, especially since my PS3 is now dead. I only use the PS3 for this game anyway so hopefully the Xbox One version will come out soon and I can spend the $80 repair cost on the Xbone version instead.

Thankfully Pinball FX2 came out to help the wife and I get our pinball fix. Just isn't the same though!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
If I read right, newsletter 30 said 'we will be sending TPA to MS for certification next week' (not exact words) and the was last Friday. So I'm guessing MS has it and is going over the certification process.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
If I read right, newsletter 30 said 'we will be sending TPA to MS for certification next week' (not exact words) and the was last Friday. So I'm guessing MS has it and is going over the certification process.

Maybe Christmas time we finally play it on xbox one :p

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Which means that by somewhere around January or February, PS4 owners may (or more likely, may not) get season 2.

I still can't believe FarSight would have made such a deal, especially with M$ who's still trying to prevent the release of TPA on its' platforms, and others too.
p

A complete fiasco is what it is

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
BTW pm1109, I've trimmed down my post you've quoted. I decided what I removed from my original post was speculative at best.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
should do what I did,traded in my xbox 360 and xbox 1.best thing I ever did.now I get the latest tables on pc and Samsung note,so I don`t mind waiting for the tables to come out on ps3 and ps4.another thing with xbox you can`t play some games offline which bloody stinks. :eek:

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
For those that might have missed the recent interview with Bobby King from FS (or the thread describing the interview), the Xbox One version is being submitted to Microsoft for certification "at the end of the week". From what I can find online the certification process takes 5-10 days.

Barring major bugs preventing the certification process from completing, it looks like we could have it in a few weeks.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yes, the ID@Xbox certification is much shorter than the typical game certification - Microsoft has promised (along with Sony) of 2 weeks to approval for indie games. (Certification of normal games is typically 4-6 weeks and very intense, and also very expensive - Microsoft is around $40K, Sony is probably a bit more but no one wants to break their contract).

But this only applies for Xbone and PS4 - Xbox360 and PS3 certs are still as pricey as ever and as long as ever, and neither is willing to change that to encourage devs to go current-gen.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Yes, the ID@Xbox certification is much shorter than the typical game certification - Microsoft has promised (along with Sony) of 2 weeks to approval for indie games. (Certification of normal games is typically 4-6 weeks and very intense, and also very expensive - Microsoft is around $40K, Sony is probably a bit more but no one wants to break their contract).

But this only applies for Xbone and PS4 - Xbox360 and PS3 certs are still as pricey as ever and as long as ever, and neither is willing to change that to encourage devs to go current-gen.

I didn't know it was so expensive. That's kind of crazy.

Hopefully Xbone comes out soon. Not that I care about the Xbone version, but so that the PS4 version will come out that much sooner!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts