So when's 19 and 20 gonna hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just to clarify that the patch doesn't remove local high scores and goals as discussed a while ago? I'm in the minority, but I'd probably prefer to keep them over the update if I had the chance.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Just to clarify that the patch doesn't remove local high scores and goals as discussed a while ago? I'm in the minority, but I'd probably prefer to keep them over the update if I had the chance.

espy, they might. when my ps3 broke down last year and I had to get a different one, I had to redo wizard goals again. a few of them I haven't been able to reproduce. (MB the moshpit/Frankie goal comes to mind)

as for the high scores im not to sure.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
espy, they might. when my ps3 broke down last year and I had to get a different one, I had to redo wizard goals again. a few of them I haven't been able to reproduce. (MB the moshpit/Frankie goal comes to mind)

as for the high scores im not to sure.

I'm assuming Farsight have sorted this out with Sony, though. While most people on the forums here would understand the reason for all your data disappearing, I can say for sure that the vast majority of players will have no idea what happened to it, and "We had to delete all your data to apply a patch" won't cut it. I'm hoping part of the reason it's taking so long is so they can sort this specific aspect out with Sony.

Having your PS3 break down is a different scenario, I think.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It shouldn't be too hard. If ea sports games have an option to import data from one year's game to the next, it shouldn't be too difficult to implement something similar for TPA.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
There's no reason that you should lose your goals and scores. Theoretically, the patch should be replacing game code and table data - just leave the files for scores and goals alone.

That said, I fully expected everything to be wiped out.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's widely considered the most difficult standard goal in the entire suite of tables and, thus, quite the pain for those who try to complete wizard goals on every table.

I'd go as far to say it is one of the hardest goals, standard or wizard. The only worse ones for me are the Frog Frenzy and Atlantis on RBION and the scoring goal on Genie of 3million. Well, actually Harley, Victory and Goin Nuts have some hard to achieve goals too but that's because I have such a challenge in bringing myself to play those tables.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Wait wait, let's not forget about the Super Jets in AFM that are nearly impossible to get because of the weak pop bumpers.

Harem Multiball (TOTAN), Super Jets (AFM), and the 3 mil on Genie are the hardest to get, by a country mile!

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
For harem multiball the best technique I came up with was lock the lowest table angle then it seems because the flippers are so large on screen (with alot of pixel area) that u are able to really let the ball reach the tip and flip with way more accuracy to reach that wide loop. Then trap the ball and wait for the harem to relight and repeat :) the table angle and lock view setup isn't ideal for a high score/ fun session more just to knock that goal out of the park for good :) lol. I've used it successfully on ps3, ps4 and vita (where harem was a super nightmare for me due to the small screen size )

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'd go as far to say it is one of the hardest goals, standard or wizard. The only worse ones for me are the Frog Frenzy and Atlantis on RBION and the scoring goal on Genie of 3million. Well, actually Harley, Victory and Goin Nuts have some hard to achieve goals too but that's because I have such a challenge in bringing myself to play those tables.
It's not even in the realm of hardest for me. I'm not even very good and I've done harem twice but there's a million other goals I can't do.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Wait wait, let's not forget about the Super Jets in AFM that are nearly impossible to get because of the weak pop bumpers.

Harem Multiball (TOTAN), Super Jets (AFM), and the 3 mil on Genie are the hardest to get, by a country mile!

Super jets aren't too bad anymore since they sort of fixed the pop bumpers. Not as much pop as they should have bit they aren't dead anymore. The best trick is to get multiball and keep dumping balls back there. The collisions should work in that crowded area.

Harem is also a lot easier but still horribly difficult. The original phof had a big that made it impossible to achieve unless you got a ton of extra balls or lucky with the sneak ins.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I'd go as far to say it is one of the hardest goals, standard or wizard. The only worse ones for me are the Frog Frenzy and Atlantis on RBION and the scoring goal on Genie of 3million.

Yeah, Frog Frenzy and 3 millions on Genie were the hardest goals for me too. But I find Harem Multiball is not so difficult: on a good game, I always start it without wanting it.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
anyone has any news on the 19 and 20 ? - we re almost in February :(

I would say 50/50 possibility that it comes out on Tuesday. The only concrete info that we have is that they are in Sony's hands now and that it is FarSight's intention that both packs are released on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts