ST:TNG Kickstarter is (now complete)!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Congrats to all for reaching the goal. Don't want to be negative but I can't see much more being donated after the open ' please continue to donate ' request, with no actual goal in sight why would anybody throw any more money in?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Congrats to all for reaching the goal. Don't want to be negative but I can't see much more being donated after the open ' please continue to donate ' request, with no actual goal in sight why would anybody throw any more money in?

It's not about current backers throwing in more money as it is about people who have yet to back the project jumping in to collect on some of the Kickstarter exclusive rewards.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's not about current backers throwing in more money as it is about people who have yet to back the project jumping in to collect on some of the Kickstarter exclusive rewards.

It definitely will bring some more fence-sitters on board. I wish they could show some video of the TZ in progress or signing the contract for ST:TNG. That would be something that would perhaps get a few of the nay-sayers to donate since they are upset no updates have happened.

I still can't believe all the folks still at the $10 level. These are tables that I would think more people would want access to on multiple platforms. At least the $20 level should be where most folks' pledges should lie.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I still can't believe all the folks still at the $10 level. These are tables that I would think more people would want access to on multiple platforms. At least the $20 level should be where most folks' pledges should lie.

They will have access to them for $10 on multiple platforms. They just need to pay an additional $3-$5 for them now that they KNOW they will make it.

Don't want to be negative but I can't see much more being donated after the open ' please continue to donate ' request, with no actual goal in sight why would anybody throw any more money in?
Well they don't want to attach a second table to the KS, because the first one showed they won't make it in 1 go, and the second KS showed people are a bit fatigued by it. I think they were looking to just make 45k this time, anything extra (without added responsibilites by them) is just that, with no strings attached. Now they can take till january to get the 2 big hitting KS out, so the reception and look at what's in front by then,

Plus people might have been reluctant to back them if they are interested in the reward. Now that they know they made it AND know they will get their rewards when pledging they might go over the line (to get a special ball, or operator menu and such).

Last edited:

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
It definitely will bring some more fence-sitters on board. I wish they could show some video of the TZ in progress or signing the contract for ST:TNG. That would be something that would perhaps get a few of the nay-sayers to donate since they are upset no updates have happened.

Not everybody wants to be able to play on more than one platform. A$10 pledge may be all that some can afford, considering the game might sell for $5, twice that is a good pledge. Granted the more important pledge is in The $50 range as that gives you the access to the operators menu and perhaps some other enhancements to the game like domed cannons and hallmark ships as well as the custom chips with more funny voices. Ultimately it is a good day we had enough backers and this great table will be made. I am glad this stretch goal was announced quickly after the goal was met. I would have announced it sooner, but that's just me. We do need TZ updates as it is long overdue.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Very cool!
Now let's fund THE SIMPSONS!
$100 from me (or a box of chocolate donuts, with SPRINKLES) D'oh!

simpsons_01.jpg

Not just the Simpsons, but the Simpsons Pinball Party!

EDIT: Man, those flippers are OFF!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Not just the Simpsons, but the Simpsons Pinball Party!

EDIT: Man, those flippers are OFF!

Well I loved the original, but I'm not sure how everyone else feels about it so I'd take either (or both! :p)
I still remember the day our arcade was putting it together and I was in line to play it. What a great time it was. Simpsons was in it's prime and the pinball captured
the spirit of the show perfectly.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Data East doesn't exist anymore (though it's Stern instead); maybe it was poor placement of the flippers when repaired.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Data East doesn't exist anymore (though it's Stern instead); maybe it was poor placement of the flippers when repaired.
Flippers can get knocked out of alignment just from normal use. There's a Fish Tales near me that's even worse than the flippers in that picture!

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Looks like the flipper placement of MM in TPA. :D
medieval-madness-on-ipad-43496_238x238.jpg

No it's not that bad, but the flippers are still off if you compare them to each other

Last edited:

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Just checked out the KickTraq and apparently someone took out their pledge for -$50 9/11/12 10:01 I hope this doesn't turn into a trend.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I hope once the Kickstart closes we get a bit of information on what the next licensed table could be or will be.
They really shouldn't even think about such things until these tables have been perfected and released. While we may tolerate flaws, many backers won't, so they better get the physics and flipper interaction tweaked to perfection, or they will find future kickstarters harder and harder to reach. If they do a good enough job, the tables might bring in enough income to eliminate the need for future kickstarters.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, that would really suck if there was an avalanche of pullouts in the final hours, and we end up losing it.

Two things:

1.) I highly doubt it will drop low enough to fall below the goal. Keep in mind that much of the drop off in the TZ Kickstarter was due to the Star Trek stretch goal not being reached. We don't have to worry about that this time since their is no specific table as the stretch goal.

2.) As Serenseven said in the article comments, "If a project is above its goal 24 hours before its deadline, it can't go below its goal in the final day. Any excess can still be lost, but Kickstarter won't allow backers to cancel/lower their pledges on the final day if doing so would put the project below its goal."

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Only about 20 minutes to go now. Over $52,000! Will FS have anything to announce when it is over? I'm not expecting anything, but you never know.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts