Jun 3, 2014
Starship Troopers. Best Sega game ?

It's coming !
(Best SEGA game ?)

starship-troopers-plateau.jpg

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Really? Ughhhh....sighhhhhhh. I do like the movie but...ughhhh...the pin...queue fart noises.

In the interest of full disclosure, I really do hate all the Sega branded pins. They're just so f*cking cheap with sh*t artwork.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Not my cup of tea but this one looks fine to me.
(Never played it IRL so far)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's one of those collect things kind of pins. Each wave gives you a certain amount of shots you must hit to progress to the next wave. I like rule systems like this. Easily defined goals such hit 6 yellow shots and four green shots. I'll be happy to see this come to TPA. Has FS confirmirmed this yet, or is it still just heavily rumored?

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
If you liked the old Robocop movie, you'll like ST. Both directed by Paul Verhoeven.

Well, maybe. ;)

Robocop and ST have very similar ethos, but where in Robocop I thought Verhoeven pulled the delicate half-satire / half-action flick balance off nicely (to me), Starship Troopers I thought was a "glorious mess" that couldn't decide whether it wanted to play up the satire angle, just go for Heinlein-as-mindless-summer-action-blockbuster, or try to do both simultaneously in a clumsy manner. I also understood that Heinlein fans weren't too happy about the movie, either.

But, others might have different opinions, I'm sure. :)

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Well, maybe. ;)

Robocop and ST have very similar ethos, but where in Robocop I thought Verhoeven pulled the delicate half-satire / half-action flick balance off nicely (to me), Starship Troopers I thought was a "glorious mess" that couldn't decide whether it wanted to play up the satire angle, just go for Heinlein-as-mindless-summer-action-blockbuster, or try to do both simultaneously in a clumsy manner. I also understood that Heinlein fans weren't too happy about the movie, either.

But, others might have different opinions, I'm sure. :)

ROBOCOP is a better movie on pretty much every level. But I hold ROBOCOP in pretty high regard. Starship troopers is great for what it is.

I just want a loud fun table. The gameplay precision needed on Dracula and POTO has fatigued me.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Ep. 42 of the Pinball Podcast mentioned someone poking around the mac version's files and finding Starship Troopers, Earthshaker and The Getaway.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts