Starship Troopers Thread

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Aside from the placeholder flippers, the table is looking great so far.

I hope they keep the Sega logo with Sonic, at least. They really should get rights for the company names. Sure DE and Sega were basically Stern at different times, but they should keep 'em for historical reasons.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There's nothing stopping FS using the names - they're just names - but logos are a different matter. If FS don't have the rights to use the Sega logo, or Sonic, or anything else like that, they have to scrub those images or they open themselves up to legal action, losing licenses, etc. Just go look at the recent sordid history of the Big Lebowski pin table for how you have to tread lightly with regard to what you can do with images and other intellectual properties. If you have a contract that states "you can use X" then you have to take the position that that definitely means "if Y isn't specifically mentioned, you can't use it".

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
10873644_850521554968906_5215234359074455132_o.jpg

So TFTC HAS to be in the Pinball After Dark game because of some scene on the DMD that is said to be too graphic (which is just a series of dots by the way), yet someone missing there legs with blood gushing out is competently fine.....go figure!

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I remember coming across this one quite a few times, pretty much every arcade had at least one Sega table. So how's the third flipper going to work?

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
So TFTC HAS to be in the Pinball After Dark game because of some scene on the DMD that is said to be too graphic (which is just a series of dots by the way), yet someone missing there legs with blood gushing out is competently fine.....go figure!
-------------
Just like commercials & movies eh. That is what I am totally lost on eh. Always think of Stephen King's: Trucks. ;)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the flippers are obviously placeholders. the text is upside down on the ones on the right. :)

i do think this game is pretty fun, but the pop up bug in the middle kills me every time i hit it. i call it the Drain Bug (laugh)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The first table of this season that looks really interesting to me. Also huge fan of books and the movie.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
The first table of this season that looks really interesting to me. Also huge fan of books and the movie.

The next one and the one after I am really looking forward to.
The first 3 have been average to me

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Excited for this table. Never played, but it looks really cool. I just hope they leave the flippers blank. The solid state lettering is super distracting on POTO.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Also huge fan of books and the movie.
Do you also have the 100% Uncut version of the movie?
The one that doesn't come with an FSK logo on the box.
I know a good place where you can buy it. Do you want to know more?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts