Stern metallica pinball

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, so it's not just the hammer that is missing from the pro, but the magnet that goes with it, which means a slight rule variant. With that being the only truly missing element (stand-ups instead of drop targets, no animated features), that 2 grand price difference is a lot to swallow! From a game play point of view that is.

Seeing as how I don't have money for either, it's really a moot argument for me!

Hey, so people are saying the Pro version is intended for on sight operators. Is that because there is less stuff to malfunction? Are stand ups more reliable than drop targets? I can see the animated features needing the maintenance more I guess.

Man, I don't know why this table has me excited, but it does. I just really like the look I guess.

karl

May 10, 2012
You are absolutely right. The price difference is steep and I have no idea if all the animated stuff is really worth the price. I also think it is silly of Stern to have only 2 fuel targets on the pro and 4 on the the other versions. Likewise, no spinners on the pro. Things like that makes Stern look bad, but since I love targets and spinners I felt I had to go premium. Damn, I fell into their trap. Wicked Stern

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well karl, I say if you can afford the Premium version, then what the hell! My guess would be that one of those fuel targets is directly related to the hammer.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I like this. Will definitely play this one if I can find one around here.
Pinball Arcade version? Table Pack #? :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Even the pro version looks pretty nice. Good to see metal ramps and real artwork again. If this plays half as well as it looks, then this has to be a winner. The pro versions should be shipping fairly soon. Has anyone seen any video of these in action yet?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think it looks great. Ramps looks smooth and the artwork looks sweet. I love that the lights flicker off when you hit the electric chair, too funny. I wish the sound was better in the video, this is obviously gonna be a big part of the pin. DMD animations looked good too. Now to just find a place to play it when it hits the streets.

I embedded the vid karl mentioned above to make it easier to view. Thanks again for finding this karl.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Looks great.

I'd like to see Stern do a color LCD display but the exact same size as the current DMD. It would be a nice answer to Jersey Jack. I don't like the full screen LCD of Wizard of OZ but I'd love a DMD sized LCD. Cheaper, classier, and would really bring pinball into modern times.

I must have this pin. Not even a big fan of metallica, but this is too awesome.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I must have this pin. Not even a big fan of metallica, but this is too awesome.

While Metallica is certainly not in my normal wheelhouse of musical preference, I couldn't agree more. This is the first pin I've seen from Stern that I'm quite bummed I don't have the disposable cash for. I truly think it's the artwork that does it for me, since I like the music of AC/DC just about the same, yet don't feel pulled to that table like this one.

All the message board posts I've seen about this table seem to be universally ecstatic, so will be interesting to see how Stern reacts in the future.

karl

May 10, 2012
The next music pin from Stern is probably gonna be Iron Maiden or Kiss(Stern has tried for both licenses but there is a greedy tongue who needs a lot of cash). There is still hope though for all the Kiss fans out there ;-)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
image.jpg

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
While Metallica is certainly not in my normal wheelhouse of musical preference, I couldn't agree more. This is the first pin I've seen from Stern that I'm quite bummed I don't have the disposable cash for. I truly think it's the artwork that does it for me, since I like the music of AC/DC just about the same, yet don't feel pulled to that table like this one.

All the message board posts I've seen about this table seem to be universally ecstatic, so will be interesting to see how Stern reacts in the future.
Funny, it's the complete opposite for me...I'm quite happy to play an AC/DC, but not very enthused about the Metallica machine. Maybe that'll change once I have a chance to play one.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Funny, it's the complete opposite for me...I'm quite happy to play an AC/DC, but not very enthused about the Metallica machine. Maybe that'll change once I have a chance to play one.

Well, you're assuming I've actually played an AC/DC table! I'm dying to, but I haven't. Don't know where one is in my area.

No, I'm basing it entirely off of looks and what game play video I've seen. The music is a wash for me, as I like them about equally.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
yeah yeah yeah. The only one I'd consider going to is the first one, as it's closest and has 5 machines. Still a 30+ minute drive though.

30 minutes ain't far. I used to drive farther just to go to the grocery store, and pins are more important than groceries.

AC/DC, LOTR, and TZ (Spider-man is fun as well)...sheesh, what are you waiting for?!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts