Stern metallica pinball

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
image.jpg

Wonder what his high score is... ;^)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ehh, Pro is a lot better than nothing. You'd be hard-pressed to find many LE's on location. Plus TZ and LOTR...I'd drive an hour just for those.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I dunno, AC/DC Pro is like taking the Power field and Powerball out of TZ if you ask me. : P But I am lucky enough to have an LE near me...hm which Pinball Map mis-identifies as a Pro. So it might be worth calling the location to check whether it's Pro or LE, or checking their web site listing if they have one.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I've played the AC/DC pro, LE and the Back in Black edition. The only thing I really missed on the pro was the swinging bell which there is an aftermarket mod that mostly makes up for it. Didn't care much for the under playfield. It's no Haunted House. You can always buy LED's, a shaker motor and sub kit. I'd love to get even a pro and mod the piss out of it but that's more cash than I could spare for casual entertainment, even pinball. :)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I probably wouldn't miss the lower playfield so much if the art they replaced it with wasn't so darn ugly. ; )

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Bigger AC/DC fan than Metallica fan. But I'm liking this table way more. The artwork is awesome, shows that Stern has really good artists when they are free from the shackles of license. The toy looks awesome. Can't speak for the gameplay, obviously. But I'm really looking forward to this.

Is there a making of video yet by stern like they did with all their recent machines?

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
The thing is that Stern did not do most of the artwork on Metallica. Dirty Donnie did it and that makes the playfield look a whole lot better than the usual Sterns. My guess is that Metallica demanded to use him (this is pure guessing). I agree it is one of the best looking from Stern. This is the main reason I bought it.(and the toys and ramps and layout is also nice) I do not worry to much about the rules since Lyman S is always a man to be trusted in that aspect.

As a band I like AC/DC just as much. They are both party music for me but great to get the adrenaline up while playing some fast pinball :)

Edit: No making videos of as of yet

N

netizen

The call outs suck, the use of just certain refrains from the songs in modes really makes me crazy.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The ramps look a little tough to hit. But this looks great to me. I image this being a blast to play with a few friends in a bar. Low score buys the next round.
I'd still prefer AC/DC but this looks like good fun too.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
My initial thoughts from the videos.

Pros
Still digging the art and playfield layout.
Light show is really good for the pro.
DMD animations are great.
Swearing. Did he just say "he's f*cked now" before sparky was electrocuted?
Music is awesome. I like Metallica though.
Love the snake kickout. I think it was the snake. Hard to tell cause of the reflection.

Cons
About half the callouts are cheesy.
Don't like how they change the song up during multiball. AC/DC had it right. Don't screw with that formula.
Those color changing speakers are just about the lamest option I've ever seen on a pin. And talk about an annoying reflection.

All in all, still impressed and want to see more. And play it too. :)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I gotta stop reading this thread.. I'm getting dangerously close to writing a $7600 check...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I think the callous are fine. Is that Lyman?

I just feel the dmd system looks dated now. It's my one criticism. At the same time I hate Wizard of Oz full screen LCD, it's overkill. Do an LCD the same size as the current dmd... That's the sweet spot IMO.

Feel like that would bring pinball into 21st century.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Looks alright but I don't like the music lol

I'm with you Carl, just watched the vid of Lyman playing the pro and can't think of any worse way to play pinball than to subject my ears to that!

When is the One Direction pin coming out?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.