Stern Pinball Arcade first impressions

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I won't play all tables with wrong leaderboards until there are clean. Btw, you're TX-Sector score is really good. Is this also an accident from another table?

Yes it was and still is. I haven't bothered with either game and the leaderboards continue to be jumbled about, haven't played Masters of Time and I bet most of those 73 in front of me on BBI aren't there on purpose.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Surprised there hasn't been a Stern update recently - seems a long time?

+ Resolution change issue
+ Controller issue - unable to remap bumpers on my 360 wireless controller
+ Star Trek crashes

any word on when we might get an update or are they holding off until the next table release?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Surprised there hasn't been a Stern update recently - seems a long time?

+ Resolution change issue
+ Controller issue - unable to remap bumpers on my 360 wireless controller
+ Star Trek crashes

any word on when we might get an update or are they holding off until the next table release?

Yeah it's really ridiculous the Star Trek crash hasn't been fixed already. It's a gamebreaker and should have been adressed ASAP, esecially when they got info on when it crashes (modes getting timed out). If they're waiting to include the fix with other updates that is just plain stupidity and even more frustrating, I mean I can still play the game with overly bright tables, I can still play the game even if I have to set brightness levels every time or alt+enter or whatever, but the crashing is a complete gamebreaker and is acute to fix, my head can't wrap around it. They're sitting on this gem of a flagship table with a contract from the worlds biggest pinball manufacturer, charging $10 for it, it is the display window for things to come, and they STILL can't get it running without crashing while pushing out and working on fixing Cactus Jacks?????????????

If I was Gary Stern I'd be fckin shetting my pants!!!! They are making everyone involved looking like complete clowns!!!!

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is this game dead?, haven't heard any new news or developments from FS on it since Xmas!!??

1. Beta testing is ongoing on Android; I can't speak for other platforms.
2. The release date for Ghostbusters was given as March, so perhaps expect news soon? (Yeah, I know, quite a bit to ask....)
3. No idea if a release date was ever given for Whoa Nellie.
4. Maybe would be nice to get announcements for new tables beyond those two. Batman '66? Aerosmith? Older tables?

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
No it's not dead. Tables will be slow to come out. As far as news from Farsight you should be use to that by now. Keep your fingers crossed we may get something this month.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I had a chance to play Aerosmith the other day on location, it's a really fun game - hope they do include it in SPA. I have to think they got the license.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The challenge with Batman '66 and Aerosmith isn't going to be the license (again, I am making the assumption that digital re-creation rights are baked into whatever licenses Stern have), but the new displays. Going forward every new Stern is going to have those displays, so it stands to reason SPA will needs to be able to handle them, but it will probably require more programming input.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
The challenge with Batman '66 and Aerosmith isn't going to be the license (again, I am making the assumption that digital re-creation rights are baked into whatever licenses Stern have), but the new displays. Going forward every new Stern is going to have those displays, so it stands to reason SPA will needs to be able to handle them, but it will probably require more programming input.

But Stern knew that they were going LCD, they surely considered that when conceiving the app. Seems silly to say they want to support new tables and not realize this challenge.

Unless Farsight promised to do more than they were certain they could.

I'm wondering how they're even going to do some of the Ghostbuster Premium features...

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
"they have" wait or what?

I interpret this from a developer's perspective, "we have until end of April" would mean that's how much time they (the dev team) have to finish testing and stabilization. It also implies that there is a hard deadline, possibly similar to the contractual deadline that led them to release the unfinished Android version before it was baked.

Members online

Members online