Stern Pinball Arcade

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I love the modern Stern pins, but I hope they are able to sprinkle in a classic Stern every now and then. I would really like to see Seawitch added at some point.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
@unless its a vault release i dobut we have much chance for seeing tron, but id love to kick [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION] ass

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Not sure what Stern's intentions are for SPA, but I'm assuming they want to sell real pins which is their core business. So those would either be new ones, or 're-releases'. That means those Sterns that they have no intention of re-releasing as an actual pin might as well show up in TPA (as well as SPA, cross-platform buy). That keeps TPA relevant as well instead of being a The PremierGottlieb Arcade with the occasional Williams/Bally thrown in.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
They mentioned during one of their Twitch streams that if they asked Stern about doing their older tables they didn't think there would be any problem, though you don't see Flight 2000 in SPA, that is why I'm wondering if they might just keep it in TPA.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
@unless its a vault release i dobut we have much chance for seeing tron, but id love to kick [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION] ass

Tron is so awesome but yeah, doubtful! However your beloved paragon is looking likely, congrats on that! Hopeflly it will be worth the wait!!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
They mentioned during one of their Twitch streams that if they asked Stern about doing their older tables they didn't think there would be any problem, though you don't see Flight 2000 in SPA, that is why I'm wondering if they might just keep it in TPA.

Well, the last update patch was just after Christmas (to allow purchases), and it's one of the more broken releases since Microsoft's Game Room. (remember that?)

It's all well and good to wish for your favorite tables, but maybe they should improve the quality of SPA first, especially since Stern Pinball is lending their name to this app.

You would think FarSight would have done this-especially after TPA.

EDIT: In full disclosure about my first remark, I remember saying the same thing about TPA years ago, but then I was lamenting the lack of DLC on the 360 due to the publisher going belly-up.

Last edited:

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
https://de-de.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154204364334244/

"The Stern Pinball Arcade will also be released on more platforms this fall including; Oculus Rift, PS4, Xbox One, Wii-U, Steam (PC/MAC), iOS and Android."

We arent too far away from fall 2017 now. If Farsights waits a bit longer, Oculus Rift probably is an expired system and they wont sell any copies. Since the pc version still is ugly, I dont need really miss the Rift version. But I would have loved a smooth running Rift version though. Well done Farsight.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Was just thinking that I would really be into seeing Kiss Premium being added to the Stern app. I know the dot animations are weak and the Gene head can be SDTM happy on many of them I've played, but I'm jonesing to play it. Music licenses seem to always be a nightmare, but I'm going to pretend that won't be an issue. Now somebody start Love Gun Multiball!

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
https://de-de.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154204364334244/

"The Stern Pinball Arcade will also be released on more platforms this fall including; Oculus Rift, PS4, Xbox One, Wii-U, Steam (PC/MAC), iOS and Android."

We arent too far away from fall 2017 now. If Farsights waits a bit longer, Oculus Rift probably is an expired system and they wont sell any copies. Since the pc version still is ugly, I dont need really miss the Rift version. But I would have loved a smooth running Rift version though. Well done Farsight.
So, for the Wii U still?

karl

May 10, 2012
Was just thinking that I would really be into seeing Kiss Premium being added to the Stern app. I know the dot animations are weak and the Gene head can be SDTM happy on many of them I've played, but I'm jonesing to play it. Music licenses seem to always be a nightmare, but I'm going to pretend that won't be an issue. Now somebody start Love Gun Multiball!

I second that. Gene, Gene, please grant this wish. Since they used new versions of the songs it all depends on how much Simmons needs in pocket change this week. I think they own all the rights, themselves for the songs.

I have never even tried Kiss, so would be fun to have it in the app

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I second that. Gene, Gene, please grant this wish. Since they used new versions of the songs it all depends on how much Simmons needs in pocket change this week. I think they own all the rights, themselves for the songs.

I have never even tried Kiss, so would be fun to have it in the app

Didn't even know they were new versions of the songs. I've only payed it at noisy pin shows and didn't notice the difference. That's good to know. Makes it even more possible. Kiss is a fun pin. It wouldn't be on the top of my pins I want to own list, but I do seem to enjoy it every time I play it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like to add The Walking Dead to my Stern Pinball Arcade wishlist. I've never seen an episode of the show. I've only played the pin a few times and thought it was just ok. But I'm always reading such positive reviews of it on Pinside. Makes me think I'm missing something. Maybe if I played it more, it would click with me. So bring it on.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
"The living dead" is part of my top-five Stern-tables to follow into the SPA-collection. But, i fear, this is wishful-thinking :) The endless wait for Ghostbusters is a bad sign.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I enjoyed the 70's era of Aerosmith, but then we kind of parted ways. So this theme isn't a stinker for me, but it isn't a home run either. I played both the pro version and the premium version at Pinfest this year. Both are beautiful in person. The art is top notch and the lighting is very good as well. The music is of course Aerosmith. The callouts that I could hear were ok, nothing special. The rules, unlike some modern Stern pins, are pretty straight forward and easy to figure out what you should be shooting for. The animations are in a simple cartoonish style, but I think they work. The layout is good but nothing revolutionary and you better be able to hit the scoop as you will need to hit it fruequently. Overall I was surprised how much fun I had playing it. The toy box is a neat little toy. Premium and LE versions also have a small upper playfield area. Here's a vid of a guy that got much further than I did.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.