Stern Pinball Arcade

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I haven't played many games on Mustang, but I hope it gets into the app. I didn't expect to like it, but I think I do.

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
I haven't played many games on Mustang, but I hope it gets into the app. I didn't expect to like it, but I think I do.

I haven't played it either so it's good to hear some feedback! There are several Stern tables I hope make it into the App.
Has anyone seen anything by Stern or Farsight for us to vote on most wanted Stern tables for SPA?

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
So Farsight advised on their newsletters that they are attending Calafornia Extreme on July 16th & 17th, I'm really hoping to see this in action there on a next gen console or PC.

From newsletter 49 and 50: "We will be showing off exciting new tech as well as making some HUGE announcements, you don't want to miss this one"

As far as I know, nothing was announced at Ca Extreme. Correct?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
You're not looking forward to AC/DC? :confused:

Of course I am, but in the list of "the-tables-we-know-that-are-coming-in-a-somewhat-distant-future" ghostbusters is the one I want the most ^^

If they come to me and say that I can choose what tables comes first when the game comes out, boom, ghostbusters it is ^^

It is base purely on the fact I love this movie (the old one) and the licence, I like ac/dc too...
As the tables themselves, I haven't played any of them so... you know ^^

anyway, we know the ac/dc will come before, so I'll play it waiting for ghostbusters ^^

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I agree with you guys, AC/DC and Ghostbusters are the two I'm most excited about. Those two will keep me happy for a long time.
If I had to pick between them, it would be AC/DC by a hair. The linear gameplay of Ghostbusters is a small negative for me.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I am actually excited most for Star Trek. It is the table that got me away from traditional video games and into pinball. Still enjoy playing it whenever I get a chance.

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Does anyone know if anything was mentioned about the Stern Pinball Arcade at ReplayFX this week? I thought they were going to talk about it there? I thought they suppose to have a presentation of some kind at ReplayFX. I'm really looking forward to AC/DC!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I've only played the Star Trek table at Farsight's booth during ReplayFX. It did play smoothly, but the controls were kind of wonky at random times (likely because I played with a controller and used the back two triggers). There were no horrible slowdowns, other than the DMD that occasionally played animations (and that's probably due to the limitations by GearVR and Samsung). The multiball laser show effects were pretty effective as well.

My guess for the FPS slowdown on the video from months ago was probably the recording software running at the same time as the game. Those things can take up memory and may harm performance as a result.

Needless to say, it was a fun game. Not something for the GearVR to me (as I don't own one myself), but really looking forward to it on PC.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Cool to know the Star Trek table is the le/premium edition with the laser star field projection - cool feature!
Did you by chance see the enterprise model nose down and "crash" on the play field?

invitro

May 4, 2012
Cool to know the Star Trek table is the le/premium edition with the laser star field projection - cool feature!
What? Where did this come from? Is it LE or Premium? I remember thinking that it was the "Vengeance Premium" version, maybe from something I saw in the TPA code? :) Does the VR version have both of these, or just one? And is it the LE or Premium?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
What? Where did this come from? Is it LE or Premium? I remember thinking that it was the "Vengeance Premium" version, maybe from something I saw in the TPA code? :) Does the VR version have both of these, or just one? And is it the LE or Premium?

It was indeed the Premium. Just that version, with the red outer cabinet color.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
sorry, meant to say as opposed to the pro version - which doesn't have the laser feature.
I couldn't tell the difference between the premium and LE versions unless someone pointed them out.

invitro

May 4, 2012
It was indeed the Premium. Just that version, with the red outer cabinet color.

Thanks for the info! I wonder what's delaying the general release of SPA for all platforms. If it can be considered a delay. Maybe they were required to keep the VR release an exclusive for a certain number of months (I think that may have been the source of the AC/DC license money). Oh well, I'm just antsy.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I wonder what's delaying the general release of SPA for all platforms. Maybe they were required to keep the VR release an exclusive for a certain number of months (I think that may have been the source of the AC/DC license money). Oh well, I'm just antsy.

"A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat! Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more!"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.