Stern Pinball Arcade

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I just remembered that I was running Avast anti virus, but it seemed to cause performance issues with some apps. Especially gear VR. Removing it made a small but noticeable difference.

Maybe you have an app like that that is giving a performance hit?

Sent from my SM-G935V

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Can't you try the tables before you buy, as you can in TPA?

Unortunately not. I only bought Ripley's so far because I know the real table and it cost 5$. After reading about all the problems people have with Startrek spending 10$ seems too much of a risk as long as I can't try how it would perform on my device.

[MENTION=607]Metalzoic[/MENTION]: you can cycle through 6 camera views - three different heights standing close to the table and three standind further away - at least when you have a gamepad attached, not sure if that is possible without one.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
It probably will be, complete with free table (MSF). Which make me wonder, if MSF is the free table, then what buyable tables are coming/in the works? I think pinheads are in for more good times......

Plus all tables probably will have a trial mode to sample. Just like TPA.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
It probably will be, complete with free table (MSF). Which make me wonder, if MSF is the free table, then what buyable tables are coming/in the works? I think pinheads are in for more good times......

Plus all tables probably will have a trial mode to sample. Just like TPA.
Well the other tables it shows in the lobby screen are other repeats from TPA. Last Action Hero, Harley and something else that I can't think of.
Well that's a bummer. Runs really smooth here.

Sent from my SM-G935V

Sent from my SM-G935V

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
The jump from DX9 lighting to DX11 was pretty significant. Hope SPA represents a similarly impressive jump in quality when it hits PC.

node

Oct 31, 2015
Didn't see any footage of Star Trek, so I took some. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpcThDEbUc0

Thanks for recording this, it looks incredibly, disappointingly bad. The ball movement is terrible, and when you flipped it looked like the flipper often went through the ball! I really hope the PC release is better than this (and not exclusive to Oculus Rift for too long).

I appreciate the work it takes to get VR working in any game, but releasing this exclusively for Gear VR and in this state is a huge error by Farsight.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I wish Stern had gone into business with someone else frankly

I know this is our SPA thread, but does anyone know if TPA has an exclusive lock on Williams' tables? Jeez, I'd love to see Magic Pixel take a crack at a William's offering like Bad Cats or something. They did such an amazing job with the Zacc tables. Williams tables of the 80s and 90s are my absolute faves.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Yes, FS has the rights to digitize Williams, Ballys, Gottliebs, and I think they still have the rights to early Stern tables.

Zaccaria sounds either Spanish or Italian to (European in general), and A.S.K. probably saw the logistics in obtaining the rights a no-brainer (FS probably had the rights to WMS and Ballys before A.S.K. did the Zacc tables)

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Thanks, Dave. Are they "exclusive rights?" As in no one else may make proprietary digital versions of Williams tables? Hope I'm not beating the question to death!

:p

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
So Farsight advised on their newsletters that they are attending Calafornia Extreme on July 16th & 17th, I'm really hoping to see this in action there on a next gen console or PC.

From newsletter 49 and 50: "We will be showing off exciting new tech as well as making some HUGE announcements, you don't want to miss this one"

Last edited:

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
Thanks for recording this, it looks incredibly, disappointingly bad. The ball movement is terrible, and when you flipped it looked like the flipper often went through the ball! I really hope the PC release is better than this (and not exclusive to Oculus Rift for too long).

I appreciate the work it takes to get VR working in any game, but releasing this exclusively for Gear VR and in this state is a huge error by Farsight.

The ball going through the flipper artifact is pretty common on the android version of TPA. I've paused a few times where the flippers had already contacted the ball but the ball has visually gone all the way through the flipper. Thankfully it isn't very noticeable in real time play.

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
Like we said: VERY early. Issues found on Star Trek, based on the video (will mark fixed upon other footage):

LED lighting needs worked on. But a WiP regardless.
Slingshot rubbers do not exist.
Vengeance Ship is bent down too much. Should be horizontal instead of at an angle.
GI may seem non-existent.
Flashers seem non-existent.
The bases of the flipper moves up just a little when switching between the up and down positions. They should be still when compared to the rest of the flipper.

+1, agreed!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.