Stern Star Trek is officially on the way.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Regardless of what you or I may think of Gameroom Collectibles, this is a pretty good video of the just released LE version of Star Trek.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yea. The light show and sounds are fantastic. Still not crazy about the playfield art though. I think a darker playfield would have contrasted the red laser show better.

N

netizen

That LED projector is pretty neat, but not half as cool as them potato looking things :D

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Anybody know just where those spinning LEDs are emanating from? It's such a cool effect.

N

netizen

Anybody know just where those spinning LEDs are emanating from? It's such a cool effect.

Best I can find, and judging from the red highlighted flipper is

143388-i.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
gimme yer quarters Im new and flashy forget that mtal or rock band, get beamed up by the prettiest ST cast to date...say MAKE OVER!

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Personally I have no problem with a ST:TNG Jr. table, ST:TNG is needlessly ruthless and even though it's a great game, I certainly wouldn't want to play it for a long period of time. No matter how much you alter the settings, a game like that can only have it's difficulty changed by moving playfield objects around, and we all know that that's impossible.

A slightly simpler version of the table with less shots that become insta-drains would be great and could be just the thing that Stern needs right now, the theme and playfield layout of a classic pinball machine but the accessibility of modern pinball machines. If I owned an arcade I'd feel much safer about putting a Stern Star Trek there instead of a ST:TNG because I've came so close to kicking the thing when it goes against me.

Saying all that, we have no idea how difficult the game is, maybe it's just as tough as ST:TNG, but I'd seriously doubt it.

The relatively fast drains and games of st:tng is what makes it my most wanted physical table. If you play with friends or whatever, it's no fun if everybody just has to wait for hours between balls. Nobody would want to play with you. And also st:tng has my favourite feature of them all: the right side upper flipper. There are other tables with this feature of course, and the picard manouver is an awesome rendition of the feature. So it's a must for this new st pinball in my opinion.

The artwork is beautiful and utterly awful at the same time though. Reminds me of the first home made webpages.

Last edited:

Pinballer

Jun 27, 2012
Well I am lucky enough to have played this in the flesh albeit a standard edition not the LE. The one thing that doesn't give justice in the video is how awesome this looks and sounds in real life and to me is a massive departure from previous Stern tables (Xmen and earlier) which didn't impress me in either quality or play wise and left me feeling a little Meh! As a side note i ain't played ACDC or Mettalica.

My impressions? WOW! first thing you notice is how bright the table is in comparison to anything before it and sitting in a row of 5 others it screams at you to play it more so when you see the PF. I'm not a Trekki or a fan of the series but after only a dozen games I'm hooked and I gotta have me one of these!

Being an avid pinhead I have personally owned over 50 tables in the past 20yrs STTNG included and it's been such a long time since a table has got me this excited to the point of putting my TAFG up for sale.

To answer some of the negative responses re: the PF art, IMHO it just works perfectly, very retro and would not be outa place on the enterprises bridge. All I can think is the LEs extras must look incredible "spinning potatoes included" lol

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts