Summer Olympics 2016

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
He's telling the truth. I found this at his house last weekend.

11380830_481709575313450_640975487_n.jpg
I hope you kicked her out for messing your bath up. And wasting your Doritos.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`ll be Bozo the clown tonight,the EPL starts,we have Scottish league and the French started this morning,plus the Olympics,i`ll be surfing like a dipstick tonight right through till 4.00pm tomorrow,then have a snooze,then at it tomorrow night once again.:rolleyes::rolleyes::p:cool:lucky boy,no wife since 1987,kids all grown up:cool:,now I just enjoy the fun I have with my grand kids growing up !!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I hate when soccer or hockey games are settled by shootout. Feels like flipping a coin because everyone wants to go home. End in a tie or keep playing.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I hate when soccer or hockey games are settled by shootout. Feels like flipping a coin because everyone wants to go home. End in a tie or keep playing.
Kolchak,penalties and penalty strokes are part of both sports in general play,so no problem with me,even with both of our countries losing in penalty shootouts.i was hoping for both our countries meeting in the semis,oh well next time.your USA womens football team are bench mark for the rest of the world,i love watching them,they are great !!!:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't mind losing, just losing in a shootout. I don't like winning in a shootout either.
Penalty shots during a game are compensation for a scoring chance taken away by a foul, so that doesn't bug me. I view the two very differently.
I'm glad hockey playoff games can't end in a shootout. Overtime hockey is some of the best action IMO. But it is what it is.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak,the whole world have our views,i don`t think anything will change:cool:.i hope you are enjoying the Olympics ;) !!!I`d like to make a special mention on some youngster in the swimming, M.PHELPS WHAT A CHAMPION !!!!us Aussies love our swimmers. Michael is something else,i`ve been watching since1968 the Olympics,he is THE BEST I`VE EVER SEEN IN THE POOL !!!! well mannered,gracious and ALL CLASS.I hope his mum can talk him into going to Japan.i think he could still win at 35 years old.:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm loving the Olympics. Always do. My wife loves the swimming and gymnastics events. I'm more into track n field. Rugby was a blast to watch. Don't usually see much of that televised here.

Did anyone see Dafne Schippers, the female 100m sprinter from the Netherlands? Oh my!

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
us Aussies love our swimmers.
I had a friend my freshman and maybe sophomore year of college who was on the swim team. I liked her and she liked me and she followed me around and we had a whole lot in common. Now she is in the university's hall of fame and is all over the record books and lists of All-Americans, and I could've sworn she had been in the Olympics. But after looking up her info for the last 10 minutes, it looks like she just missed. I sure do wish I hadn't have been so scared of girls back then, oh well, what can you do except die and go to heaven and get to try again, is what I always say.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
yep,certainly did.nice looking young lady and boy can she run.she is always slow out the blocks,she will be better suited to the 200 metres.i have Foxtel sports package,7 Fox sports channels,2 ESPN,3 BEIN sports,2 Eurosport plus 24/7 Manchester United,Chelsea and Liverpool tv and on top of that we get blocks of 3 hours Manchester City,Arsenal and Spurs.we have everything covered,we have all the races from around the world,bikes v8s,Nascar,rally ,FI,and heaps.i`m just watching the MotoGP bikes from Austria,when that finishes the Olympics.:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Water Polo looks fun to play. But I can't get into watching it.

I notice they change some of the basketball rules from what we have in the NBA. They even use a smaller ball. Do they do anything unusual with regard to rules or the ball for Olympic soccer? I'm only a casual soccer fan and might not notice any changes.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
soccer is the same as usual,one exception, they are under 23s and your allowed a couple of over aged players.i forgot one special mention,a young lady Simone Biles,three words for her WOW WOW WOW !!she does things not even the greats Olga and Nadia could do.as for Water Polo it`s mini soccer but treading water.what those boys and girls do in the water is just unreal.at the GP ,Ducati 1-2 it`s been so long since there last win,our Casey was the last winner on a Ducati,boy if I`m not wrong that`s about 6-7 years ago.and Casey was there today.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Gymnastics makes me nervous to watch. I don't know how their parents can watch. I'd have a nervous breakdown if it was my son or daughter out there.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Gymnastics makes me nervous to watch. I don't know how their parents can watch. I'd have a nervous breakdown if it was my son or daughter out there.
Why's that?

I was at U. of Georgia when they were having their second dynasty in gymnastics, and Courtney Kupets was there. It seemed like the entire campus was obsessed with the girls on that team, as much for their social and sexual exploits as gymnastic ones. I went to two of their meets (which were standing room only and really freakin' loud) and watched all of them on TV. I don't know what my problem was.

And in my first year of grad school, a girl who is in the Alabama gymnastics hall of fame was in my class. There were only 13 students in this class, and only four of us were from the USA, so we were a tight-knit group at times. I didn't care so much for this girl though, she was very very loud and obnoxious, which meant she got on superbly well with another classmate, who was from New York City, and my roommate. Which meant that I was generally woken up at 3am when the two of them staggered home and started blasting Van Halen or Billy Joel. I tried helping them out with their poor musical taste but it didn't take. Her gymnastic exploits were no big deal to me, though, and I teased her by asking how things were on the "color guard" instead of "gymnastics team". Good times.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just a fear of them falling or getting hurt. Not sure why though. Doesn't bother me in other sports (except maybe figure skating).

When I was in college I would sometimes visit a friend up at Penn State. He was friends with some guys and gals from the PSU gymnastics teams. We would get our drink on and then talk them into doing gymnastics for us. It was a blast.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.