T2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
impressive for an early beta. Great fun to play. My comments.

- last few tables the text has been really easy to read. T2 has gone backwards in this regard - I can hardly read anything.
- ball seems to magnify when going below flippers
- some tuning needed as some dodgy orbit style flicks - reminds me of AFM of old. Ball feels too bouncy.
- dropship looks OK polygon count wise but needs a texture applying to it.
- the trigger button is too high up the screen, when your going for the super jackpot, you have to take fingers off the flippers to get to trigger. Very hard when other balls in play. I'd rather have the UP nudge working as the trigger in this case (easier to get to).
- For operating the cannon, I'd like it to be the same as in STTNG. I never play with camera follow. Seems too easy to hit the target at the moment - that is when the trigger detects the input :)
- this table would look awesome with a night time lighting mode :) AKA papa video.

For others who can't see how to fix the button position, do the following:
  1. Start Terminator 2
  2. Tap Options
  3. Using the navigation arrows, scroll down to the very bottom of the options list until you get to Button Position
  4. Change the Button Position to about 40%
  5. Change Show Touch Scheme to "on" so you can see the flipper regions aren't interfering with the button area (otherwise you'll get a button press each time you flip).
  6. When you are satisfied with the button position, turn "Show Touch Scheme" to Off.
  7. Tap Back
  8. Tap Back.
  9. Start the game.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
Stuck in Free mode, though I'm a KS backer :(

I'm logged in, I tried restarting app, still stuck. Anyone else having this issue, workaround, or did you just drop another $5 :)

Thanks!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Stuck in Free mode, though I'm a KS backer :(

I'm logged in, I tried restarting app, still stuck. Anyone else having this issue, workaround, or did you just drop another $5 :)

Thanks!

Kickstarter backers are yet to receive their entitlements attributed to their Farsight logins. Season pass holders are unaffected.

N

netizen

seasons pass holders have full access. KS entitlements probably haven't started yet, as it is a Beta.

You can always try emailing the kickstarter@farsightstudios.com address to see about getting your entitlement activated for testing.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Don't worry. I was In the same boat as you when I saw the button position. Took me a while to figure out how to fix it.

since changing position of trigger - its even less responsive than default position. Missed endless multiballs since repositioning.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
TO the people who say i'm wrong about when to press the trigger for superjackpot and use that video as evdence, that's because the slope was jacked up as usual at PAPA, affecting the trajectory. i kid you not, it'w worked on every machine i've tried. if i had a device capable enough i'd test this.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
since changing position of trigger - its even less responsive than default position. Missed endless multiballs since repositioning.

There is a known bug with the T2 trigger button not responding as expected when positioned over another touch zone (nudge, flipper) for now, it's best to position it just above the top edge of your selected touch scheme.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I am a KS backer, but I never intended to wait for the unlock codes. I bought pro mode out of pocket, no regrets.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I just managed to lock the ball in the lower left lock to get the "possible selections", the ball popped out whilst the selection was being made. I ended up playing video mode whilst the ball was in play. Presume this is a bug.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Tried it out earlier today, and I gotta say, I am quite impressed so far! Admittedly the textures aren't very sharp yet, but the table itself plays pretty well (although it doesn't feel really fast)

I'm also surprised that the Spanish translation is integrated into it... except for the legal notice screen which has "<TODO>Localize" instead of the copyright for Studiocanal. But that's no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts