Table of the Week Club...week 3: ATTACK FROM MARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
This will be a easy week, Mars Attacks is a really fun flipper that I really enjoy.
In my opinion it's one of the best tables ever made, in my top 25.
When the Aliens scream attack und the figures are jumping up and down, I must smirk, it just looks to funny.
Have fun people, I know I will.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Something to drag me back to TPAFF :)
(not played TPA in months-just back for to mobile tourney).
Will post my 'embarrassing' score/acheivements soon :/ LOL

Edit: HiSc (though had 'issues') <2.5B.
And not even ON Wiz. Goals (Got 'Score MB JP' & 'Light Superjets' still to get on Std.!!!!!)

Andy

Tell a lie.... That was on phone. Pad shows on Wiz Goals , though yet to get any.....and a Hi.Sc. of 12.7B.
(Do scores not sync across iOS devices if signed in?)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
If you want them to sync, you have to manually do a remote backup on the device that's "in front" and do a remote restore on the device that's catching up, this offcourse providing that you use the same account. This is how I use my pair of iPads and keep them in sync. I wouldn't do that by the way if there weren't troubles with version 4.4 of TPA on my newest device, iPad Air 2, I don't like taking chances that this cross-device backup/restore thing backfires and deletes of otherwise messes up all my goals, scores and HOF points....

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Scores of 104B and 109B today.

Total Annihilation is your friend. Sure play RTU when it's lit... but TA, stacked with Martian Attack? Oh, baby!

The key to TA, I believe, is to keep feeding the orbits. The jets are hyperactive, it's almost 1-ball. 0-ball at times.... Just shoot the center ramp when the jackpot looks high enough. This also helps by bumping your Bonus X up to insane levels.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Scores of 104B and 109B today.

Total Annihilation is your friend. Sure play RTU when it's lit... but TA, stacked with Martian Attack? Oh, baby!

The key to TA, I believe, is to keep feeding the orbits. The jets are hyperactive, it's almost 1-ball. 0-ball at times.... Just shoot the center ramp when the jackpot looks high enough. This also helps by bumping your Bonus X up to insane levels.

Total Annihilation does involve some GREED; you might find yourself screwed over if you miss the Jackpot.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
After playing so much Timeshock, this playfield is burning my eyeballs out, lol. I'll try turning the brightness on my monitor all the way down and see if that helps.

EDIT: The gameplay also feels like a walk in the park compared to Timeshock. I just played one game of AFM that would've equaled about 10 games of TS. My score still has a ways to go though, but at least I just passed SYT. :D

EDIT 2: Bumped my score up a bit more to 24B, but my wrists are killing me so those 100B+ scores look daunting strictly from a fatigue standpoint, heh...my gamer hands just ain't what they used to be.

EDIT 3: I'm reminded that the playfield and some of the shots are quite similar to Timeshock. Just wish this had Timeschock's physics for the shorter, more brutal games. For instance, the guaranteed dead flipper passes you can do on AFM when the ball is screaming at you would result in slinger mayhem on Timeshock.

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I managed to bump my score to 149 billion but, I'm no closer to that billion point hurry up.
I can take comfort in knowing that I can call on the multiball pretty much at will. That helped a ton.

Wylde One

Jan 14, 2015
Hi everyone,
I am relatively new to TPA and the forums here, really enjoy the game so far. I play on iOS sometimes, but mostly PS3 (the nudging is so much easier on console) so I am awaiting the challenges on console. In the meantime, I have been enjoying this thread. I was initially not big into the older tables, but the last two weeks gave me a new appreciation for them...thank you.
As for this weeks table...I am currently at about 48 billion, and have the billion point hurry up left to complete wizard goals. I have been 1 or 2 shots from getting this a few times, so hopefully soon.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
At 141B all goals completed. VikingErik has rolled over this table already at 1.4T or something like that (Leaderboards didn't take that score though). So max is 999B. Just sayin'.....

I don't know for sure if trillion rollovers don't count. Mine didn't, but I don't know if TPA-AFM can't detect it at all or if it just happened to miss it in my case, like it does with rollovers on tables like CFTBL. I think I crossed the trillion mark by way of a very big bonus (100B-plus) which could have been big enough for TPA to miss. Looking forward to see if anyone does put up a trillion here.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013

This, yes, all the way. Total Annihilation is the biggest point source on the table, and yes you get as much from bonus X and victory laps as from TA itself, and yes you abuse it by feeding the orbits and bumpers constantly. On every scoop eject, dead pass and shoot the left orbit again. You don't even need to catch on the right flipper, just shoot. (You do need to catch to shoot the lock lane to collect the TA jackpot. But don't bother with this until it's up around 2 billion.)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I don't know for sure if trillion rollovers don't count. Mine didn't, but I don't know if TPA-AFM can't detect it at all or if it just happened to miss it in my case, like it does with rollovers on tables like CFTBL. I think I crossed the trillion mark by way of a very big bonus (100B-plus) which could have been big enough for TPA to miss. Looking forward to see if anyone does put up a trillion here.

I think it's funny when people are trying to pass the 100B mark for their entire game, and you talk about a bonus for one ball being upwards of 100B. That was a massive game for sure.
I just looked up some real life machine high score lists: https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/attack-from-mars/scores for example with 100B being the top score.
I can't find the thread now but I once had a conversation on VPforums about real life scoring on Attack From Mars and got a story that some guy passed 400B but had to stop because of fatigued arms.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Hi everyone,
I am relatively new to TPA and the forums here, really enjoy the game so far. I play on iOS sometimes, but mostly PS3 (the nudging is so much easier on console) so I am awaiting the challenges on console. In the meantime, I have been enjoying this thread. I was initially not big into the older tables, but the last two weeks gave me a new appreciation for them...thank you.
As for this weeks table...I am currently at about 48 billion, and have the billion point hurry up left to complete wizard goals. I have been 1 or 2 shots from getting this a few times, so hopefully soon.

Wow, I'm surprised no one even responded to this post.

Welcome to the forum! For that billion point shot, try to get everything ready, then pick off each shot (not the saucer) one by one.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Wow, I'm surprised no one even responded to this post.

Welcome to the forum! For that billion point shot, try to get everything ready, then pick off each shot (not the saucer) one by one.

I strongly suggest shooting both ramps first because the emulation makes it hard to hit them. You can then shoot both orbits and cash in your 1b point Hurry Up.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
And I've now Ruled the Universe!

Final score, 76.6 billion which puts me on top for the week and month of those on my friends list on Steam. Now I just need wizards for Video and that damn billion bonus.

Speaking of, I was this close to having it. I only needed one shot on the left ramp, which I can totally hit now. I missed, it went into the ball lock, which started multiball, thereby locking me out from scoring the final shot on that ramp. So pissed.

I do understand how to score big now though. The guys don't lie, it's all about Total Annihilation and jacking up the multiplier. I had it up to 118x which end of ball bonused me to the tune of 20+ billion. I used to shoot for the UFO all the time, now I just let it get randomly hit during multiball. I came super close to having a second Rule the Universe (if that's even possible, I don't know) by relighting all but the Super Jackpot. Anyone know what happens if you do that?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Multiple ROTU's are possible (I think I once got up to three in a good game), they show up as "re-election #" if done in the same game, after the animatic of you waving in the flying car. Getting to ROTU again gets easier because you don't have to destroy all saucers and Mars again. Then again, multiball gets harder the second time around, this is my major obstacle most of the times. Also, unintended shots towards the now open saucer area can be a bit more random as to where they return to you. There is not much else different between getting a first and second ROTU, multiball jackpots scale up and unintended hits to the saucer area go for 100M a pop I believe. TA jackpots max out at 250M a piece (but reset in between), so that's more about keeping TA going as long as possible. Nice bonus x btw! I don't know how high I got in my best game(s), I think it maxes out at 255x.

Edit; just completed a 86B game with 2 Rotu's and a max multiplier of 76x. Still went too quick through my extra balls with stupid drains.
Edit 2: upped it to 95B with a whole bunch of nice TA's but now an inability to complete MB....this games was without a ROTU

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, you can RTU multiple times. I did 18 in my top game. And you don't need to conquer Mars again, and also Super Jets stays lit after RTU if you already got it on this ball. So really all you have to do is the three multiballs and 5-way combo.

Multiball doesn't get harder the second time around. It's always the same deal to collect the 5 regular jackpots and then the super. It might have a shorter ballsaver but that's all. (edit: yes, it's more shots to start.)

Yes, extra hits on the saucer are 100M after Conquer Mars is done. Bonus maxes at 250x not 255.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Multiball does get harder because you have to light the locks in between locks (which means 6 middle ramps for MB), for the first MB one light locks is enough to light all three (needing only 4 middle ramp shots). Besides that, no difference in playing MB.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The biggest pain is Martian Multi-Ball. After a while Stroke Of Luck stops lighting it for you quite as often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.