Table Pack #17 - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Hopefully something 'good'. :eek:
< THIS you should not be slowing your sales down with unexciting classics in every pack , if you want a suggestion? release your classic '70's era packs in the same pack so instead of us skipping 3 packs we only skip one. Not everybody likes the 80's-90's stuff like me , im aware , but certainly your sales are slumping of late , by your inclusion of these obscure classics with A-list tables.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
< THIS you should not be slowing your sales down with unexciting classics in every pack , if you want a suggestion? release your classic '70's era packs in the same pack so instead of us skipping 3 packs we only skip one. Not everybody likes the 80's-90's stuff like me , im aware , but certainly your sales are slumping of late , by your inclusion of these obscure classics with A-list tables.

Except that these obscure tables usually turn out quite popular and are rather well done. If their sales were affected enough to be referred to as slumping, I'm pretty sure they would change their tactics.

p6800

May 17, 2013
I don't think we will see The Getaway before High Speed. In an interview there has been talk about this.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
I'm with Sinistar on this. People want to see two big hitters in a pack, customers would lap it up and sales would boom. But the way Farsight constructs it you can imagine High Speed dumped with something like Jive Time. Puts people off.

N

netizen

The only people it seems to put off are those who expect that their preferences should take priority over everything else. It seems most other players are relatively happy with the variety of game play available and being made available by FarSight.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
The only people it seems to put off are those who expect that their preferences should take priority over everything else. It seems most other players are relatively happy with the variety of game play available and being made available by FarSight.

I have no complaints with the table pack pairing. Love 'em all!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I definitely have preferences leaning towards DMDs. That being said, I love the variety FS offers. (except for tiny flippers) I'm looking at you Central Park!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My favorites are Mostly Gottliebs from mid 1970's through the early 1980's, but I will play just about anything. I'm not a huge fan of the small flipper era either.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Why on Earth would FarSight want to make a pack that had two "obscure classics" if, by your own admission, it would sell terribly? They would be better off not making that pack at all.

I bought many of the "obscure" tables precisely because they were included with a table I really wanted. And I enjoy them: I play almost as much Genie as I do AFM, probably more Big Shot than Scared Stiff, etc.

N

netizen

My favorites are Mostly Gottliebs from mid 1970's through the early 1980's, but I will play just about anything. I'm not a huge fan of the small flipper era either.

LOL, I heard that.
I definitely play less Central Park than I do genie, but at the same time I play way less STTNG than i would have expected considering how much I played it in the arcades as a new game.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My preferences are always going to lean toward the mid 80's forward, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be exposed to older or different tables. I'm not exactly jumping for joy over Goin' Nuts and Flight 2000, two tables I've never played in real life, and this to me would be the kind of table pack being requested with two more obscure being paired. It's the first real "do I want these?" pack I've come across, and I buy everything. Why do I buy all? Because there's usually one table I'm nostalgic for. So I'm of the opinion of pairing less desirables with proven popular tables.

Here's the true thing though...just because it's undesirable to me doesn't mean it's not a bunch of people's holy grail table. I in general can't stomach Gottlieb machines, but there are plenty that swear by 'em. So quit being so egocentric, thinking everyone thinks like you. I'd love to know where the idea that certain table packs aren't selling well is coming from, and that it is directly related to the older table being at fault.

And for the record, I will buy the F2000 and GN pack, because it's pinball dammit.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'm with Sinistar on this. People want to see two big hitters in a pack, customers would lap it up and sales would boom. But the way Farsight constructs it you can imagine High Speed dumped with something like Jive Time. Puts people off.

At some point fairly soon - there won't be anymore rereleases from the PHOF games. After that you'll probably get at least one or two "heavy hitter" 2-pack pins. But not before then,IMO.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
What's the beef with re-releasing Sorcerer? I don't remember it at all (though I had PHOF on PS2 and PS3). Jive Time I get - it was a boring, uninteresting release. But why not Sorcerer?

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Yeah, I'd actually be pretty disappointed if we didn't get a re-released Sorcerer. It was one of my favorite PHOF tables.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
What's the beef with re-releasing Sorcerer? I don't remember it at all (though I had PHOF on PS2 and PS3). Jive Time I get - it was a boring, uninteresting release. But why not Sorcerer?

I think Bobby had a change of heart after Sorcerer won "Best 1980's Machine" at this year's Texas Pinball Festival which is why it was left off the Williams Poll. This table is pretty much a given now.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I think Bobby had a change of heart after Sorcerer won "Best 1980's Machine" at this year's Texas Pinball Festival which is why it was left off the Williams Poll. This table is pretty much a given now.

Oh wow. But I would assume that it was voted "Best 1980's Machine" of that show. Because seriously, if we're talking the 1980's in general, Sorcerer ain't in that race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts