Table Pack #19 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
And it WON the Williams poll D:

Probably because most of us like the table and want to see it in TPA? I actually enjoy the table quite a bit. Love the sounds AND the music.

It's a bright, colorful and fairly well known table. Seems like it would be a good headliner for a table pack.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Oh man, anything but Fish Tales. The music's bad enough, but the whole game revolves around hitting two ramps because everything else is risky or gives a terrible score.

And it WON the Williams poll D:
Really? I rather enjoy the music (in game-sized doses; I wouldn't want to listen to it all day), and at least on the incredibly-brutal Fish Tales on location here, I find myself hitting enough random other stuff to keep it interesting.

And actually, you could say the same thing about the TPA version of Twilight Zone. ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I like the music and theme of Fish Tales. Also like the video mode. But I am absolutely awful at this pin. Just can't hit the shots consistently. I'd like to get it on here just so I can have unlimited play on it. I might end up loving it or hating it. The jury is still out on this one for me.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
My guess is Cue Ball Wizard and Sorcerer. Last October we had a billiards-theme table (Big Shot) paired with a supernatural-themed table (Scared Stiff), so I am predicting the same trend again this year. Although Eight Ball Deluxe is a possibility, I am confident that Farsight would like to put the Gottlieb ROM emulation we are going to see in Tee'd Off to the test.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Yeah. PinballWiz45b and I were chatting on Team Speak about 2 weeks ago when he mentioned that as a possibility of the pool theme combined with a Halloween type table. His thoughts though if I am right were Cue Ball Wizard or Eight Ball Deluxe with Class Of 1812. However he and I now agree that to be highly unlikely based on the double Gottlieb table pack already coming out. So the more obvious choice if they stick to last years formula would be Eight Ball Deluxe from Bally and then another Haunted themed table that is not a Gottlieb. However I think Class Of 1812 would be great. I am more fond of Williams, Bally and Stern tables, but that is a Gottlieb that is a must have in TPA.

Then of course TPA can do anything they wish and not do what some of us suspect. We could be getting Dolly Parton, and Evil Kneivel for all we know. :D

I am going to say we get Eight Ball Deluxe and Party Zone.

However...If any of us do guess it totally right....I want the record to show that it was nothing more than the blind squirrel finding a nut going on. :D

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I don't really understand why so many people are expecting a billiards/horror pack just because that's what we got this time last year. We can't really trace that thinking over recent releases. Do you really think Farsight are saying "Okay, so we have our annual Scary Billiards October, find tables that fit!" Looks like people searching for patterns just because there are no other clues at present.

Okay, so Scary Golf September is a thing but still!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm surprised by guesses that don't include a PHOF rerelease. I'm pretty sure we will see at last one retread every month until they are all dried up. This is pretty much confirmed.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
I'm surprised by guesses that don't include a PHOF rerelease. I'm pretty sure we will see at last one retread every month until they are all dried up. This is pretty much confirmed.
i think the same, and after last PHOF re-release there will be no more than 1 table per pack

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
i think the same, and after last PHOF re-release there will be no more than 1 table per pack

I hope it's not only one table per pack. I'm expecting more that the "b-side" table will begin to be more basic. Maybe a bigger focus on EMs and SS machines with simpler table layouts or something like that? I don't know exactly what impacts on how long a table takes to make, though, so I'm just making guesses.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
I would like to see a few more EM tables... But my heart is with the non-EM generation.

Any mention of Cyclone? That was a terrific table, 3 ramps (ride the ferris wheel!) , fun house, skill shot, a lot going on with that table. The music and sound effects are stuck in my head now! You Sir and You Madam...

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

I don't recall ever hearing FS say or allude that they will be only putting out 1 table a month in the future. Maybe my memory is bad?

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Any mention of Cyclone? That was a terrific table, 3 ramps (ride the ferris wheel!) , fun house, skill shot, a lot going on with that table. The music and sound effects are stuck in my head now! You Sir and You Madam...

One of my all-time favorite tables! There has been chatter about it here on the forums from time to time, but never anything from Farsight as far as I know. I would hope that it will get on the radar at some point since it finished in the top ten in its poll.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
My guess is Cue Ball Wizard and Sorcerer. Last October we had a billiards-theme table (Big Shot) paired with a supernatural-themed table (Scared Stiff), so I am predicting the same trend again this year. Although Eight Ball Deluxe is a possibility, I am confident that Farsight would like to put the Gottlieb ROM emulation we are going to see in Tee'd Off to the test.

I was just thinking that wizards and sorcerers are both magic-users. Therefore, I believe Cue Ball Wizard and Sorcerer would be a good pair of tables for Table Pack 19.

N

netizen

I would like to see a few more EM tables... But my heart is with the non-EM generation.

Cyclone came in tenth in it's respective poll - if we are to take those results seriously at all :/

As to the PHOF re-release + a new table formula
Did anyone see HH + T/O this month?

I think FarSight has a few more tricks yet to keep us guessing and making traffic for Gord :p

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
As to the PHOF re-release + a new table formula
Did anyone see HH + T/O this month?

Yes, and FarSight is still following the same formula...Tee'd Off = PHOF re-release / Haunted House = new table.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Well I read a comment on their Facebook page and Farsight said it won't be BSD for table pack 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.